Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-20-2010   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Favre

Brett Favre has announced he will return to the NFL for one more season if the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles return to the College World Series for a second year in a row.

The offseason drama begins again.

Deja vu, anyone?

Quote:
Favre hangs NFL future on CWS

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Brett Favre says he still isn't sure what he's doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn't talked with Favre recently except by text message.

Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010   #2
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Favre

Haha, gotta love Favre. While some people may get tired of his antics, I find them entertaining. The guy loves the game, no one can argue that. I'm hoping he does come back for another year, regardless of the outcome of this bet.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am sick of his crap now. I have always thought it is his right to play for as long as he wants and even have supported him ever since his dispute with Green Bay. This is nuts. I only supported him because I had never thought he'd continue to drag this saga out for this long. How long is he going to play his little game? Now he is wagering his comeback on the stupid college worldseries. Is he for real? No, it is unreal. Either play or don't. I do not buy the fact that your career depends on NCAA baseball. It should not be like that because you are you and they are them. Oh, please give me a break. Each time you take a hit you are doing your body more harm so you better think twice. This just becomes more insane every year IMO.
Old 05-20-2010   #4
JPPT1974
Halloween 14

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know about Favre now do you? He could play up into he is fifty LOL!
Old 05-20-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

It is really becoming a complete circus with him now every year.
Old 05-20-2010   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

People may hate him now, but I'm sure they'll miss him once he is finally gone .
Old 05-20-2010   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the eff does he think is, George Blanda?? WTF???
Old 05-20-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who the eff does he think is, George Blanda?? WTF???
Hey, George never left people hanging! He just said, "I'm playing".
Old 05-20-2010   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
People may hate him now, but I'm sure they'll miss him once he is finally gone .
Yes they will.....

I read an interesting article yesterday where the ownership of the Vikes has given the state a deadline to help them with a new stadium. 2011 they want something settled. Apparently this has been dragging for some years...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010   #10
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless he will back next season. It sounds like a pep talk to pump up the Golden team in my eyes.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He has had a remarkable career but everyone's career ends at some point and time. He proved last season he can still play no doubt but I still think his time is drawing near due to his age. He is the age where his career may take a turn for the worst at any time. I just wish he'd tell all of us yes or no and move. Also, the media is blowing this story way out of proportion as they do 90 percent of the time. If he does come back I would probably watch him on T.V. though.
Old 05-20-2010   #12
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Favre

It's different now; Green Bay wanted to see what they had in Aaron Rodgers, but Minnesota needs him. He'll be back... the Vikings will give him all the time he wants until TC.
Old 05-20-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He has had a remarkable career but everyone's career ends at some point and time. He proved last season he can still play no doubt but I still think his time is drawing near due to his age. He is the age where his career may take a turn for the worst at any time. I just wish he'd tell all of us yes or no and move. Also, the media is blowing this story way out of proportion as they do 90 percent of the time. If he does come back I would probably watch him on T.V. though.
I agree with you completely. I honestly believe barring any serious injury, he can play for another 2 years at a fairly high level. The only thing that annoys me about Favre during the off-season is the media that whores itself with all that "Favre Watch" BS.
Old 05-20-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Who is the oldest to ever play QB in the NFL?
Old 05-20-2010   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree with you completely. I honestly believe barring any serious injury, he can play for another 2 years at a fairly high level. The only thing that annoys me about Favre during the off-season is the media that whores itself with all that "Favre Watch" BS.
I agree. If he wins the big game in the next year two I think he'll walk for sure.
Old 05-20-2010   #16
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Who is the oldest to ever play QB in the NFL?
George Blanda, who played most of his career with the Houston Oilers. He was not only the oldest QB to ever play in the NFL, he was the oldest player to ever play in the NFL. Blanda played until he was 48 years old.

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...over_club.aspx
Old 05-20-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Maybe Brett is trying to play longer than him. LOL.
Old 05-20-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
George Blanda, who played most of his career with the Houston Oilers. He was not only the oldest QB to ever play in the NFL, he was the oldest player to ever play in the NFL. Blanda played until he was 48 years old.

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...over_club.aspx
Actually, he played longer with the Bears & Raiders longer than he did with the Oilers.

Chicago Bears (1949)
Baltimore Colts (1950)
Chicago Bears (1950-1958)
Houston Oilers (1960-1966)
Oakland Raiders (1967-1975)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Blanda
Old 05-20-2010   #19
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Actually, he played longer with the Bears & Raiders longer than he did with the Oilers.

Chicago Bears (1949)
Baltimore Colts (1950)
Chicago Bears (1950-1958)
Houston Oilers (1960-1966)
Oakland Raiders (1967-1975)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Blanda
You are correct. My error. Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-20-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
You are correct. My error. Thanks for the correction.
Not trying to correct you so much as inform. I always felt he was an Oiler forever, and the Raiders just got him in the twilight of his career.

I remember watching him play qb for the Oilers and how pissed the town was that Bud let him get away.

Buck Fud!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read