Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Carr leads poll on ESPN.com

Carr is currently the top choice in a poll of which QB will have the best career out of this group:

David Carr
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Aaron Rodgers
Alex Smith

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

poll is on bottom right.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #2
tiger06
Veteran

By 0.2 percent over Eli!!
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #3
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
By 0.2 percent over Eli!!
Yes, but Eli has the name and the NY media market on his side.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

0.3 now
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Were is Harrington?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #6
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Were is Harrington?
It's sad how they outcasted Harrington the way they did. He wasn't given that much of a chance. His first year they had nothing. They finally got him a receiver the next year,Carlos Rogers. Then he broke his broke his coller bone and they were back to square one. Then last year they get Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. All of a sudden they expect to make the play-offs. That's why I love our organization. We give people the time and chances to grow and be comfortable in our system. Harrington wasn't given the same chance.I still believe Harrington will be a great QB somewhere. It's just a shame...
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #7
kevinjagsfan
Rookie

I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll? ESPN's polls are a popularity contest anyway. why would they even have a poll for that? (not lookin for smack, its the offseason, lets just laugh at the titans' demise)

BTW not to hijack or anything, but why aren't you guys focusing more on the O-Line in FA? or anything in FA for that matter. any specific draft prospects?
kevinjagsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2005   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll? ESPN's polls are a popularity contest anyway. why would they even have a poll for that? (not lookin for smack, its the offseason, lets just laugh at the titans' demise)

BTW not to hijack or anything, but why aren't you guys focusing more on the O-Line in FA? or anything in FA for that matter. any specific draft prospects?

The poll is not about just this season (Carrs 4th)... but who people think will have the BEST CAREER.

What we need is a Pro-Bowl left tackle... problem is, who doesnt?

BTW.. I was kidding about Harrington.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #9
Vinnie333
Rookie

you mean Charles Rogers? not Carlos Rogers
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #10
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie333
you mean Charles Rogers? not Carlos Rogers
my bad!! good lookin out!
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #11
THEFUTURE
All Pro

its a poll on all the first picks of the draft, so obviously they are not going to put Harrington... and the only reason Rodgers and Smith are both there is cuz they both could possibly be number one pick. carr should have the better career, he has more weapons as of now, and i think has more talent then anyone else there. By the way, the Giants have interest in Bradford now, if you didnt know
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #12
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus22
It's sad how they outcasted Harrington the way they did. He wasn't given that much of a chance. His first year they had nothing. They finally got him a receiver the next year,Carlos Rogers. Then he broke his broke his coller bone and they were back to square one. Then last year they get Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. All of a sudden they expect to make the play-offs. That's why I love our organization. We give people the time and chances to grow and be comfortable in our system. Harrington wasn't given the same chance.I still believe Harrington will be a great QB somewhere. It's just a shame...

Well Mr. Ecstacy, you just brought me much joy. I am sick of all the Lions fans that want him gone already, no WR's 1st yr, CRog hurt 2nd yr, RW hurt after 6 games and CRog for the season 3rd yr. I think he will be OK if the TEAM can stay healthy around him.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus Mariucci has him learning the WCO. Carr is still better than him though.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #14
Anishin
Rookie

0.7% now, fear our message board power NY! FEAR IT!
Anishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #15
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Plus Mariucci has him learning the WCO. Carr is still better than him though.
Perhaps

Intersting that they have had similar #'s with different problems. Det- no run game (until the last 8 games last season), no WR's. Hou- no Oline, no team (first year).

I like them both. I am a CA boy, but have an affinity for Oregon and the Lions, but Fresno is close to where I grew up and I live in Hou. I wish them both well. I root for Hou, as long as their not playing the Lions
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #16
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll?
Why isn't Gary errrrrr Byron Leftwich in there? OH...WAIT...thats right...
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Why isn't Gary errrrrr Byron Leftwich in there? OH...WAIT...thats right...
Well, then here is a fun poll...looks like it needs in the Carr direction:

Jags Poll
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha Carr barely over Eli ? I mean what did Eli do last season that was so impressive ? OH WAIT it must be the last name manning .........
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #19
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I remember everyone saying it takes 3 years to determine if a team drafted well. Carr has been a little shakey, but he has shown spots of brilliance when given time. That Jags poll cracks me up. Gary Coleman is not better than Carr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read