Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2010   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Anyone else getting worried? RE: This upcoming season

First straw: Brutal schedule on paper

Second straw: No Cushing for first 4 games.

Third straw: AJ sitting out of workouts wanting a new contract.

Straw that broke the camel's back? Ben Tate injured and "going to miss a little time."

I am officially in chicken little mode!!! Please football God's... give Texans fans a break and let us enjoy a successful season!!!
Old 05-17-2010   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Anyone else getting worried? RE: This upcoming season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

Straw that broke the camel's back? Ben Tate injured and "going to miss a little time."

I am officially in chicken little mode!!! Please football God's... give Texans fans a break and let us enjoy a successful season!!!
I'm not pushing the panic button yet, but my finger is hovering over it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #3
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

The secretary at work looked me in the eye and asked me if i could get a refund this year..
Old 05-17-2010   #4
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 257 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, on the bright side, no one should be disappointed this year. My expectations for next year keep getting lower every day.
Old 05-17-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Not worried. Seen much worse offseasons come out with success in the NFL with a lot less talent than we have.
Old 05-17-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u know how many teams that have players miss Volantary and heck THe hole off season and are unhappy about there contract alot dont worry about it
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to be worried every offseason, even if things are going smoothly, until the Texans make the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, Joker are you still suffering through your bet (or oath) or did you finally end it??

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2010   #8
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post

Speaking of playoffs, Joker are you still suffering through your bet (or oath) or did you finally end it??
Every time I obtain carnal knowledge of another chick, a little prayer to the Joker goes out in my head.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm more excited about next season than worried. I'm not too worried about our "tough" schedule. We won't know how tough it really is until the end of next season. The Cowboys may be the team that goes 6-10 for all we know, along with the Giants, and Baltimore. It wouldn't be unheard of.

I understand probability isn't on my side. But that's okay. That's what gets me pumped.
Old 05-18-2010   #10
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, it's May. I am not going to freak out about the NFL in May. We've got four more crappy months of Astros baseball to worry about before we go into vagina mode for the Texans (no offense to vaginas).
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Time for that coach of ours to earn a his paycheck right now and get the team together instead of waiting until we've lost to Indy twice to give his "who's with me?" speech.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

We are just getting the bad stuff out early this year. Duh! And why anyone is even remotely worried about Tates situation is beyond me.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually more worried about our future than this season. If Andre is holding out, how much do you think Mario is going to want?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nudge me in a couple months. If these issues are still there I might worry, but I reckon things will be just fine.
Old 05-18-2010   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Nudge me in a couple months. If these issues are still there I might worry, but I reckon things will be just fine.
My thoughts as well, things like these are just the way the business goes.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Good teams would over come all of this and beat the odds hopefully the Texans will prove the can do the the same and 2010 will be a sign of good things to come. My fingers are crossed.
Old 05-18-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that adversity can be a good thing for football teams. I think that it gives the players an edge and they play with a chip on their shoulder. I fully expect the Texans to come out like gangbusters the first game. JMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm only worried for you, brother!! 8 years of "backup" can't be healthy..
Old 05-19-2010   #19
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

My biggest worry is the interior of our offensive line. Basically, its all second teamers ~ Studdard, Myers & Caldwell. Neither Studdard nor Caldwell have ever been starters & Myers well, what can I say but I just don't have faith in him.

My second biggest worry would be the defensive line. I really hope this smaller line will work.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

no one said it will be easy
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read