Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2010   #1
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ no show/now back to work

Absent from OTA's due to contract stuff, per 610.

Pay the man. He is the best WR in football, give him the keys to the city.
Old 05-17-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ no show.

Really? Contract stuff/ I thought he signed a new deal not very long ago

Edit: He signed a 6 year deal before the 2007-2008 season worth 60 million with 15 guaranteed.
Old 05-17-2010   #3
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well thats just great.

Pay me Rick part 2
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair is a cheapskate.

There got that out of the way.

AJ is three years into an eight year deal.
Old 05-17-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, this really sucks. If the Texans don't pay AJ I'll freak out I think.

Maybe its just something that will get worked out quick, I hope so.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Really? Contract stuff/ I thought he signed a new deal not very long ago
I thought so too. Not like last year, but I thought he was locked up for a while by us.

I just got that text too. Damnit. Give him whatever he wants damnit!!!! No.........really.....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I thought so too. Not like last year, but I thought he was locked up for a while by us.

I just got that text too. Damnit. Give him whatever he wants damnit!!!! No.........really.....

He's signed thru 2014! Screw him if he is using higher team exectations as a means to line his pockets with another $30 million.
Old 05-17-2010   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's crazy. Hopefully this isnt his "plan to force a trade" his uncle talked about.
Old 05-17-2010   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do players need to work out a new contract when they have a great one in place already?

I just don't get it.

AJ is still the man and should be payed whatever it is to keep him but I guess I just don't understand the process.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Why do players need to work out a new contract when they have a great one in place already?

I just don't get it.

AJ is still the man and should be payed whatever it is to keep him but I guess I just don't understand the process.

He's grabbing for another signing bonus out of fear of no football in 2011, is my guess. Plus, it turns out that he is a greedy b*stard. Dang it!
Old 05-17-2010   #11
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is ridiculous. He's not even halfway through his current contract, making mega bucks, and he wants more?

First Dunta and now Andre. Again, this is ridiculous.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't his contract pretty small compared to the other WR around the league?

He's good so pay the man cause somebody else will. Overpay the man.
Old 05-17-2010   #13
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Yikes, I was not expecting this at all. And to think HBO passed over us for the JETS.

But seriously, he has a long-term contract already in place. Doesnt he know their are other players are this team who have not gotten paid like him?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, love ya bro, but it ain't happening this year. With 5 years left on his existing deal I don't think he should get it.

In the end, it's the 1st OTA. If he doesn't show in June, I'll begin to worry. Until then, meh.
Old 05-17-2010   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

I am very sympathetic towards players holding out for a deal when they haven't had a big contract yet. A guy like OD, who was drafted in the 4th round, could get injured and never really cash in on his effort and production. Even a guy like A.Boldin, who was drafted late in the 2nd round, has been a great player but unable to score a deal that represents all he's accomplished. However, AJ was given a monster contract as a rookie and then an enormous extension. So, he's received about $40 million in only signing bonuses, not to mention salary. If he does this, I think I'm going to have to boo him.
Old 05-17-2010   #16
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
This is ridiculous. He's not even halfway through his current contract, making mega bucks, and he wants more?

First Dunta and now Andre. Again, this is ridiculous.
Maybe this is why him and Dunta understood each other and got along.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Isn't his contract pretty small compared to the other WR around the league?

He's good so pay the man cause somebody else will. Overpay the man.
Not when compared to other deals signed three years ago.
Old 05-17-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, he's getting paid about 7.7 million a year (with signing bonus incl) and is number 8 on the WR salaries chart. He will likely drop to 9 once Brandon Marshall gets his money.

Here are the 2009 numbers according to the USA Today:
WR Salaries 2009

Edit: sorry, Antonio Bryant won't be in the Top 10 next year, since his current contract is up. AJ should be number 8 next year, unless some other WR gets big bucks like Miles Austin.
Old 05-17-2010   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Why should Bob McNair be forced to give him more money? He's already under contract. He's a millionaire. Multi at that. Go play AJ.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #20
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus, what ever happened to honoring your freakin" contract! I could easily understand Chris Johnson situation in regards to his contract, but Andre already got his mega deal.

This offseason does not need anymore drama.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read