Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-12-2010   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default a change of pace topic.....

After spending numerous hours and days rolling in the Brian Cushing saga, here are some preseason rankings that hold Houston at #14:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

I know it doesnt mean much, but again, its a change of pace topic that I think is much needed in the "Cush Storm".

Old 05-12-2010   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: a change of pace topic.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
After spending numerous hours and days rolling in the Brian Cushing saga, here are some preseason rankings that hold Houston at #14:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=0

I know it doesnt mean much, but again, its a change of pace topic that I think is much needed in the "Cush Storm".

I blame Brian Cushing for such a low spot....

Brian Cushing thread take over in 5....4...3...2...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

14 means we dont make the playoff!

bravo on the change of pace!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #4
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post

......and the change of pace begins......

unfortunately, through no fault of my (ours) own, I cant help but think if any preseason rankings take into account of Cushgate.

nevertheless, I think we are underranked. On the other hand, I think we are in prime position to sneak up on some teams out there. Oh well......

Old 05-12-2010   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Kuharsky just generalized the entire AFC South. No specifics?

Quote:
Colts - Have the Colts done enough to improve their short-yardage attack?

Texans - Expectations, schedule will both be tougher in 2010.

Titans - The Titans are replacing a lot of leadership all at once.

Jags - The Jags' defensive line is almost completely rebuilt.
Don't put too much specific thought into it or anything. Must be a Raider fan since he went into a little more specific reasoning.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

Don't put too much specific thought into it or anything. Must be a Raider fan since he went into a little more specific reasoning.
Yeah, by no means is this indepth or anything.....I mean cmon, its from ESPN. This just acted as a diversionary tactic in the recent wake of..........

So far its working.
Old 05-12-2010   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

/\ Yeah, I get that - but at least the other guys did a little more specific thought behind their notes.

Meh - good diversion though. Thanks.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2010   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post

Quote:
......and the change of pace begins......

unfortunately, through no fault of my (ours) own, I cant help but think if any preseason rankings take into account of Cushgate.

nevertheless, I think we are underranked. On the other hand, I think we are in prime position to sneak up on some teams out there. Oh well......

I think these have been out for a little while, so I don't think the Cushing suspension is taken into account.

On one hand, I think the Bengals are way over-ranked (although as a division-winner, you almost have to put them there), and I could see a slide by the Patriots in 2010. Being right on either or both of those things gets us into the playoffs (if everything else was perfect).

On the other hand, I see Miami and Tennessee, along with us, as better than the Bengals, so we may be battling it out with them and the Pats for wild-card a spot if we can't flat-out win the division.

Finally, I wasn't even close to as sold as many people seemed to be on the Jets last year (yeah, they went to the AFC Championship game, but the Bears went to the Super Bowl after the 2006 season, and that didn't have much in the way of predictive value). They obviously did a whole bunch in the off-season, but between chemistry, and just the fact that I believe the guys they brought in are bad-guys (and in the case of both Cromartie and Holmes, overrated guys), I see their moves in kind of a boom-or-bust mold. Maybe they win the AFC East outright, maybe they regress and end up 7-9.

Man, it's a long offseason.
Old 05-12-2010   #9
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Clearly a lot of thought went into these rankings.

wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to make this into a cush thread, but these came out before his suspension.

Before the suspension, I put us at hopefully 2-2 or better after the first 4 games

Without him, I dont know that we will make it to 2-2
Old 05-12-2010   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think these have been out for a little while, so I don't think the Cushing suspension is taken into account.

On one hand, I think the Bengals are way over-ranked (although as a division-winner, you almost have to put them there), and I could see a slide by the Patriots in 2010. Being right on either or both of those things gets us into the playoffs (if everything else was perfect).

On the other hand, I see Miami and Tennessee, along with us, as better than the Bengals, so we may be battling it out with them and the Pats for wild-card a spot.

Finally, I wasn't even close to as sold as many people seemed to be on the Jets last year (yeah, they went to the AFC Championship game, but the Bears went to the Super Bowl after the 2006 season, and that didn't have much in the way of predictive value). They obviously did a whole bunch in the off-season, but between chemistry, and just the fact that I believe the guys they brought in are bad-guys (and in the case of both Cromartie and Holmes, overrated guys), I see their moves in kind of a boom-or-bust mold. Maybe they win the AFC East outright, maybe they regress and end up 7-9.

Man, it's a long offseason.
I hope this doesnt digress and get this thread moved but......

I think the NYJ are the real deal this year. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they coasted into the superbowl (kinda like the Grossman led bears) with their defense and running game. Sanchez blows but there is much damn talent around them that its gonna be hard for him to mess it up.

TEXANS, TEXANS, TEXANS.....maybe the mention of our beloved texans might keep it in this forum.

Old 05-12-2010   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Not to make this into a cush thread, but these came out before his suspension.

Before the suspension, I put us at hopefully 2-2 or better after the first 4 games

Without him, I dont know that we will make it to 2-2
If we can't beat Oakland and Washington without Cushing, then we're gonna have a long season even when he gets back.

I view his absence as an obstacle to be dealt with, but an excuse for nothing.
Old 05-12-2010   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see 12 playoff teams.

Texans play inconsistent and have a history of inconsistent play calling and coaching.

Yeah 14 sounds accurate.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If we can't beat Oakland and Washington without Cushing, then we're gonna have a long season even when he gets back.

I view his absence as an obstacle to be dealt with, but an excuse for nothing.
Ill tell you what, at first glance of the schedule, I thought these were both two for sure W's....now that Washington has a QB thats worth a crap and some new (old) horses in the stable, Im not so sure anymore. Shanahan is a crafty SOB.

I do in fact however demand a victory against Oakland.
Old 05-12-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 119968 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ill tell you what, at first glance of the schedule, I thought these were both two for sure W's....now that Washington has a QB thats worth a crap and some new (old) horses in the stable, Im not so sure anymore. Shanahan is a crafty SOB.

Any given Sunday...
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would put us at 10. Ahead of Atl, Cinci, Zona, and Phily. Even taking "his" suspension into account, I think we're better than those teams.
Old 05-12-2010   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Any given Sunday...
.....good thing they dont have Steamin Willie Beamin.....
Old 05-12-2010   #18
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:

Long term, I think Shanahan's gonna be the best thing that's happened to the Redskins since Joe GIbbs version 1.0. Short term, they suck, and I don't see McNabb and a bunch of creaky old RB's changing that by more than a win or two (maybe three if they're lucky).

We should be better than them, and while you can give them the edge in coaching, I don't think it turns the tables. In 2007 we beat the Shanahan coached Broncos pretty soundly - I think that Broncos team had more talent than next years Redskins team will have, and that Texans team had less talent than next years Texans team will have (even without Cushing).

I'm not denying the fact we might lose any one of the first four games - I'm just saying if we lose to the Redskins or Raiders, it means we've got more problems than Cushing being out for 4 games.
Old 05-12-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

If anything he would be a Titans fan. He spent several years covering the Tinnbreds for The Tennessean before going to ESPN, blogging on the AFC South.
Old 05-12-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 119968 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If anything he would be a Titans fan. He spent several years covering the Tinnbreds for The Tennessean before going to ESPN, blogging on the AFC South.
And he still lives in Nashville.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read