Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2010   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post WTF is the deal with the Redskins?!

I understand getting some of the "big name" talent but they are inviting Brian Westbrook Wednesday, well here's a link from ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5180302

They have all these RB's yet Dan Snyder still keeps going, sometimes I wish ol Bob was like that but sheesh I think he's got an addiction, lol...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is the deal with the Redskins?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I understand getting some of the "big name" talent but they are inviting Brian Westbrook Wednesday, well here's a link from ESPN...

They have all these RB's yet Dan Snyder still keeps going, sometimes I wish ol Bob was like that but sheesh I think he's got an addiction, lol...
I think that McNabb is pleading hard enough and remember that Shanny likes to have lots of backs on the team.
Old 05-11-2010   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying to find a few starters out of most of these guys
Old 05-11-2010   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Trying to find a few starters out of most of these guys
I guess but you can put Westbrook as a stay at slot and Portis as RB, I mean IMO...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think that McNabb is pleading hard enough and remember that Shanny likes to have lots of backs on the team.
Yep, Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Fast Willie Parker, Ryan Torain, maybe Brian Westrook, and here's betting that their 2010 feature back will be some UDFA from Fugwump State Teachers College*.

*Well, at least until he breaks his leg in quarter 2 of the third game**.

**After averaging 8.6 YPC for the 48 carries that will end up being about half of his career total.
Old 05-12-2010   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Played on a division rival, comfortable with McNabb who probably vouched for him, this move makes sense technically. Don't know how much productivity WB has in the tank though.
Old 05-12-2010   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep, Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Fast Willie Parker, Ryan Torain, maybe Brian Westrook, and here's betting that their 2010 feature back will be some UDFA from Fugwump State Teachers College*.

*Well, at least until he breaks his leg in quarter 2 of the third game**.

**After averaging 8.6 YPC for the 48 carries that will end up being about half of his career total.
The 3 bolded are all injury guys. Portis had a wicked concussion. LJ wasn't even playing, was banged up at points the last 2 years and then played some. Willie is banged up every year. If Westbrook still has his burst he can be a nice 3rd down addition and more. He is an injury guy too but I think he probably has more get up and go than Portis and LJ.
Old 05-12-2010   #8
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Redskins are the favorites to win the Super Bowl!!!

Too bad for them it's the 2006 Super Bowl.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Novel idea by Shanahan to bring in veterans to compete for jobs. Kids need not apply at RB.
Old 05-12-2010   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The 3 bolded are all injury guys. Portis had a wicked concussion. LJ wasn't even playing, was banged up at points the last 2 years and then played some. Willie is banged up every year. If Westbrook still has his burst he can be a nice 3rd down addition and more. He is an injury guy too but I think he probably has more get up and go than Portis and LJ.
All of them (the five guys I listed) are injury guys.
Old 05-12-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

And what is with fat Albert ? I actually wanted the Texans to go after him, maybe cough up a third-round pick for him, but now I'm relieved we didn't.
What a prima donna !
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
And what is with fat Albert ? I actually wanted the Texans to go after him, maybe cough up a third-round pick for him, but now I'm relieved we didn't.
What a prima donna !
Million dollar Talent. 10 cent brain.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess but you can put Westbrook as a stay at slot and Portis as RB, I mean IMO...
Not to mention Shannahan already had Portis traded once while coaching. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind having a stable of guys that could give quality snaps. If you only play those guys for limited snaps you reduce the chance of injury and probably have a pretty effective run game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

One: It's just an invite. So there's no contract involved.

Two: Most of the RBs signed atm are a bit older or have injury concerns or a mixture of both.

I would think the idea at the moment is try and get through the season with what they can and next year look to add a younger RB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Novel idea by Shanahan to bring in veterans to compete for jobs. Kids need not apply at RB.
1. You have the Westbrook/McNabb connection

2.Westbrook/Portis both have alot left in the tank. But both are a concussion waiting to happen. Maybe they get 8 games from Westbrook and 8 games from Portis.

3. I think LJ has the ability and is healthy enough to be very productive. At the very least he will push Portis and if Portis continues to be a turd like last year he will be gone.

4. Parker is about done. Torrain will make the team as a KR/PR. Torrain has great talent but his knees probably will not hold up to a 16 game season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. You have the Westbrook/McNabb connection

2.Westbrook/Portis both have alot left in the tank. But both are a concussion waiting to happen. Maybe they get 8 games from Westbrook and 8 games from Portis.

3. I think LJ has the ability and is healthy enough to be very productive. At the very least he will push Portis and if Portis continues to be a turd like last year he will be gone.

4. Parker is about done. Torrain will make the team as a KR/PR. Torrain has great talent but his knees probably will not hold up to a 16 game season.
I think LJ is done. I think that Herm Edwards rode him into the ground and then buried the bones. I'll be surprised if he gets more than 300 yards.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

This is why you don't run great RB's into the ground the samething will happen to AP and remember you read it here first.
Old 05-15-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
This is why you don't run great RB's into the ground the samething will happen to AP and remember you read it here first.
I don't recall Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton or Emmitt Smith turning their butts up, well at least until Barry quit. To the contrary Emmitt went into the huddle with a separated shoulder and asked for the rock to be handed to him 7 straight plays against the Giants to progress to the Super Bowl. He had a decent career.
Old 05-15-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't recall Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton or Emmitt Smith turning their butts up, well at least until Barry quit. To the contrary Emmitt went into the huddle with a separated shoulder and asked for the rock to be handed to him 7 straight plays against the Giants to progress to the Super Bowl. He had a decent career.

Dude, clear some space so you can get an incoming PM

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read