Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-09-2005   #1
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Default Captain America

I really dont want to sound like an ***** but i have no idea who this captain america person is that I keep hearing about, just wondering. Dont make me feel too stupid.
Old 03-09-2005   #2
Vinnie333
Rookie

i believe he's Boomer Grigsby...supposed to be an amazing athlete that could play linebacker or safety. not sure what college though.
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Boomer plays for Illinois State.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

100% of yall did not know him until I told yall about him and yall read the interview...man i feel like bill walsh
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew about him before even seeing you post on these boards, so make that 99%.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

That tends to happen when you post about a player on a MB. People read about him, and look around the net for more information. I can gurantee you I didn't know about Illinois State before you mentioned Boomer, but I don't consider myself a draftnik either. I knew a little about most of the big name guys since I watch college football, but I wouldn't have known many of the "sleepers".
Old 03-09-2005   #7
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
100% of yall did not know him until I told yall about him and yall read the interview...man i feel like bill walsh
even if you did tell us about him all I heard was Captain America, not his name or the school he attended, just Captain America, I just wanted to know his name and where he was from.
Old 03-09-2005   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Pat yourself on your back in your posts anymore than you do and you will have carpel tunnel syndrome by 18 yrs old.

If you share knowledge that is useful, people will laud you without you having to do it yourself.
Old 03-10-2005   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Pat yourself on your back in your posts anymore than you do and you will have carpel tunnel syndrome by 18 yrs old.

If you share knowledge that is useful, people will laud you without you having to do it yourself.
lol the only reason I posted this is b/c of a conversation i had with Powda on the phone the other day about Boomer and how the fans have created a secret plan where we nickname him Captain America so no one will find out that he is a real prospect...jeebus lighten up dog
Old 03-10-2005   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

All I hope is that the Titans don't draft him...the possibility of DJ, Boomer and Bulluck in the same linebacking corp makes me really really scared
Old 03-10-2005   #11
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnbreakdance
even if you did tell us about him all I heard was Captain America, not his name or the school he attended, just Captain America
Then the plan is a success! the other 31 NFL teams will have no clue who he is! woooo! lol
Old 03-10-2005   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw him play Pop Warner at 10 . I've had him in my mock for 11 years now .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak

Exactly. I know you think you are the draft guru and all, but like infantrycak said, "If you share knowledge that is useful, people will laud you without you having to do it yourself."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
I saw him play Pop Warner at 10 . I've had him in my mock for 11 years now .
That's nothing. I've had him on my draft board ever since I saw him tackle his teddy bear in his crib back when he was an infant. It's a shame that the NFL has that age limit or Boomer would've been making plays for one lucky team 20 years ago.
Old 03-10-2005   #15
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I knew he was special when he beat out millions of other gametes to fertilize the oocyte. That's so way before any of you guys.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Boomer, I am your father.
Old 03-10-2005   #17
TexansCanes
All Pro

no 88 is right, without him we wouldn't know about anyone in the draft
Old 03-10-2005   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Give him a cookie.
Old 03-10-2005   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
no 88 is right, without him we wouldn't know about anyone in the draft
haha EXACTLY
Old 03-11-2005   #20
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
I knew he was special when he beat out millions of other gametes to fertilize the oocyte. That's so way before any of you guys.
Back in the day... in a previous life.. I wuz chillin' wit' Nostradamus smokin some opium and my man Nostradamus hipped me to this future stud...

By the way, I don't do that stuff any more...

chill wit' Nostradamus, I mean...

post likely to be deleted for certain references, but I AM JOKING... I DO NOT condone looking into the future to predict a players' possible NFL success...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read