Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2010   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Remember this guy

Well im bored has most texans fans are prob the same way they have this strange urge to follow our first QB ever career LOL

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember this guy

Are you looking to get banned??

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Impostor!

No mittens = not HWSNBN

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #4
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

That's the 49er's problem now.
Old 05-09-2010   #5
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was one of the biggest DC naysayer on this board, but I also have to admit, the Texans did nothing to help this David out. With no o-line to speak of and no running game, this kid took a beating. By the time he left here, David was shell shocked. Some time on the bench behind Eli Manning may have been just what David needed to become a quality QB. Good luck.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Well im bored has most texans fans are prob the same way they have this strange urge to follow our first QB ever career LOL
I will never be that bored .... You almost triggered my neg rep reflex posting HWWNBM around here.

Every time someone speaks of HWWNBM I remember that damn comercial ....

Hell , I think they shoulda used the image of HHWNBM lining up behind the guard or better yet the OL with no QB.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Hell , I think they shoulda used the image of HHWNBM lining up behind the guard or better yet the OL with no QB.
I remember that commercial. I can't find it online, but it was pretty funny.

Remember the HEB one? "David doesn't like sacks"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VrkU37obI

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2010   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

dude is levitating a ball in the first pic, that's a special skill

also they need to sign JaMarcus Russell immediately and have three #1 overall busts in camp
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he chose number 5 as that is the number of times per game on average that he curls into the fetal position and takes a sack....

Ahhhh, fond memories.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #10
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised he hasn't gone into modeling yet.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't gone into modeling yet.
being a third stringer on an NFL team and never seeing the field pays a lot more
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #12
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Remember this guy
Nope, never heard of him.
Old 05-10-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I was one of the biggest DC naysayer on this board, but I also have to admit, the Texans did nothing to help this David out.
I hate when I hear people say this, because it's one of the biggest myths out there regarding David "Hair" Carr.

The Texans did plenty to help him out. They just did a very lousy job of it. People completely forget that in the expansion draft we grabbed the best LT in the entire league in Tony Boselli, but he never suited up ever. That was their fault for not researching his injury enough, but they did go after a LT to protect David. They also signed guys like Todd Wade to big contracts thinking he would be a good player for a long time. Our scouts were terrible obviously, but the Texans management did do a few things to try to protect David.

Quote:
With no o-line to speak of and no running game, this kid took a beating. By the time he left here, David was shell shocked. Some time on the bench behind Eli Manning may have been just what David needed to become a quality QB. Good luck.
He did have a good running game when DD was here, so that's not true at all. He had one of the best WR's to ever play the game as well in Andre Johnson. It's been noted several times and even by David Carr himself that he didn't put in the proper work in the film room to make himself successful. He never spent the long hours like young QB's are supposed to in order to read defenses easier.

Sure we did a lousy job of helping Carr, but Carr did just as lousy of a job helping himself in the process.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He did have a good running game when DD was here, so that's not true at all. He had one of the best WR's to ever play the game as well in Andre Johnson. It's been noted several times and even by David Carr himself that he didn't put in the proper work in the film room to make himself successful. He never spent the long hours like young QB's are supposed to in order to read defenses easier.

Sure we did a lousy job of helping Carr, but Carr did just as lousy of a job helping himself in the process.
Yep. I don't think that David was put in that bad of a spot and if he was half a QB we could've done better than 7-9.

Good luck David Carr although I've heard that you have looked like shit so far in SF.
Old 05-11-2010   #15
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't disagree with any of your points. I just look at it differently. Essentially, Capers and Casserly tried and failed. I choose to not look at the trying and focus on the end result ~ the failing. The bottom line is that they did not help him and that's why, in the end, they were fired.

As Master Yoda says "Do or do not, There is no try." [Yoda Smilie]
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of your points. I just look at it differently. Essentially, Capers and Casserly tried and failed. I choose to not look at the trying and focus on the end result ~ the failing. The bottom line is that they did not help him and that's why, in the end, they were fired.

As Master Yoda says "Do or do not, There is no try."
Fixed it for ya

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read