Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2007 NFL banned substance list

short version(just lists the stuff)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14066951/N...ted-Substances

long version (whole rules and manual)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14066744/N...ned-Substances
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #2
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2007 NFL banned substance list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
short version(just lists the stuff)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14066951/N...ted-Substances

long version (whole rules and manual)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14066744/N...ned-Substances
This is straight out of the NFL Steroids Policy. In addition, the policy has some interesting information about testing procedures, and penalties. CnD posted a link to the entire policy in the "Brian Cushing's a stupid irresponsible A-hole/ No he's not - you are!" thread.

Here's a link to his post, and thus a link to his link...Steroid Policy Link post
Old 05-08-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
This is straight out of the NFL Steroids Policy. In addition, the policy has some interesting information about testing procedures, and penalties. CnD posted a link to the entire policy in the "Brian Cushing's a stupid irresponsible A-hole/ No he's not - you are!" thread.

Here's a link to his post, and thus a link to his link...Steroid Policy Link post
I got to spread rep.. thanks! I missed CnD's link
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The things that are extremely easy to run afoul of are the ephedrines and the pseudoephedrines. A lot of allergy medications that are decongestants contain pseudoephedrine.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The things that are extremely easy to run afoul of are the ephedrines and the pseudoephedrines. A lot of allergy medications that are decongestants contain pseudoephedrine.
and a bunch of OTC that do not list them as active ingredients...
Old 05-08-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
and a bunch of OTC that do not list them as active ingredients...
Exactly. When I was competing, I just stopped taking EVERYTHING about two weeks out from a meet hoping that would be enough time for everything to flush out of my system. I heard (from a non-reliable source) that ephedrine/pseudo-ephedrine stay in the system about a week or so but I never knew if that was true or not.

In '99, I tried prohormones for about a month. I didn't see any gains from them. But then I found out that I'd just screwed myself on a steroid test for at least 6 months. I had to beg a meet director to clear me to compete.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read