Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2005   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Bradford had one drop last season.....

righttttttttt.....(heavy on the "dr evil" acccent)

you cant possibly be arguing bradford has good hands.
Old 03-11-2005   #22
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

-- Bradford to Visit Giants --
Fri Mar 11, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Star Ledger reports free-agent WR Corey Bradford (Texans) is scheduled to visit the Giants this weekend.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #23
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you cant possibly be arguing bradford has good hands.
Read up near the top of this post, Infantrycak and Fiddy posted that Bradford had 1 drop last season and 3 drops the season before that, that is 4 drops in the last 2 seasons...
Old 03-11-2005   #24
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

provide a link on the number of drops or dont....but who determines what is a drop? some judge makes a ruling somewhere from across the field and decides what was catchable and what isnt? youve gotta be kidding me. perhaps if bradford ran better routes he'd be in a postion to have more drops. perhaps if he got enough seperation to keep a cb from knocking down a pass he'd have more drops. perhaps. but dont tell me bradford has good hands. recite whatever stat you like ,but you and i both know thats a load of ****.

furthermore.....dave ragone is a great quarterback because he didnt throw a single interception last year...and i'd like to brag just a bit because....i can say the same. yup! you guessed it...i didnt throw one. and for the record....i didnt have a drop either.

Old 03-11-2005   #25
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Read up near the top of this post, Infantrycak and Fiddy posted that Bradford had 1 drop last season and 3 drops the season before that, that is 4 drops in the last 2 seasons...
And, never fumbled.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #26
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I told you where I got the info on the drops. Like I said earlier, I wasn't defending Bradford, I am just saying most of the people here are trying to make it out like Bradford is such a horrible WR, but the fact is the ball did not get thrown his way much at all last season for 2 reasons, AJ and Carr not having enough time.
Old 03-11-2005   #27
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I am just saying most of the people here are trying to make it out like Bradford is such a horrible WR, but the fact is the ball did not get thrown his way much at all last season for 2 reasons, AJ and Carr not having enough time.
ahhhhh but there are more reasons. you dont get open, you dont get the ball thrown your way...and that has 2 very diffrent results wich can be skewed however you like.

result 1 : very few drops.

result 2 : very few catches, very few yards, very few touchdowns, very little chance of signing a contract like the one he was on.

bradford was overpaid and under productive. for having only "1 drop" last season and such great hands you'd think all 32 teams would be in a hurry to get him. but theyre not. i wonder why.
Old 03-11-2005   #28
texan279
Hall of Fame

Well he has visited with 3 teams in the last 2 days and like I posted earlier in this post, Carr looked to Aj first, then Domanick and by the time he got through looking for Domanick he was out of time/sacked. And you think Bradford was overpaid last season, you do realize that Gary Walker made $7.7 million last season, which is more than 3 times more than what Bradofrd made at $2.2 million and what did Walker do last season, he had 18 tackles and 0.5 sacks...

Last edited by texan279; 03-11-2005 at 05:19 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
provide a link on the number of drops or dont....but who determines what is a drop?
The stats come from the Stats, Inc. web-site. They have an explanation for the review process. Whatever the review process is is almost irrelevant so long as it is consistantly applied to all WR's. Using their standards the last two years Bradford has had a very low drop rate--4 drops on 116 targets or about 3%. Most of the "top" WR's in the NFL have drop rates of 7-9% of targets. People see what they want to see. Bradford dropped some critical passes in 2002 so he became known as having miserable hands. The past two years should have earned his way out of that description--still doesn't make him a great WR--just a WR with other primary failings.

AJ by the way also went from a little higher than average to significantly lower than average drop rate from 2003 to 2004.

Here is the Link to Stats, Inc. They also have stats on sacks given up, penalties by OLmen and a breakdown for QB incompletions by things such as bad throw, batted down, pass defended, etc.
Old 03-11-2005   #30
powda
Hall of Fame

279 i dont mean to rag on ya...and i do think under diffrent circumstances bradford couldve put up better numbers then he did. but when i think of recievers around the league who have good hands....bradford isnt remotely close. ive watched him long enough....and im not impressed.

in addition to being unproductive hes also taken playing time and oppurtunities away from players like gaffney and armstrong. when you consider what his cap numbers were bradford's had a very negative impact on this team after the first season (when out of desperation we had no choice).

i have no sympathy for him and im glad to see him go.

and bringing up walker isnt relevant. i think hes over paid and underperforming as well. there are ample post previous to this one wich record me with the same sentiment.

Last edited by powda; 03-11-2005 at 05:25 PM.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

I think if he was only here here "out of desperation because we had no choice" in the first season, why was he not unloaded after the 2002 season? And I know you don't mean to rag on me, we are discussing a topic which is what the MB is for.
Old 03-11-2005   #32
powda
Hall of Fame

"out of desperation" was we had no alternative. i think that was the only year he did any real good for our team. since then as i said hes had a negative impact on our team in a number of ways. he wasnt dumped because of depth and the hope that he might actually earn some of his check. he didnt earn it and now its time to "re-up" his contract. i find it amazing that a texan fan defend him from another texans fan. (if a cowboys fan told me he sucked i'd probably do my best to prove him wrong ).

like i said im glad hes done here. i think the three teams u mention waited till now to invite bradford for a couple of reasons...

1. they were after other recievers who have signed with other teams.

2. maybe it took bradford this long to realize his value and stop asking for so much money.

---------------------------
intresting site cak nodoubt. but many of those arent exactly offical stats ,and i guarantee when the negotiating starts teams will not be going by that drop stat. (by the way what i saw showed him having 3 drops this season at the bottom of the page.)
Old 03-11-2005   #33
texan279
Hall of Fame

Like I said when I started posting in this thread, I AM NOT defending Bradford, I just do not think we can blame him 100% for his lack of production.
Old 03-11-2005   #34
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I AM NOT defending Bradford, I just do not think we can blame him 100% for his lack of production.
i'll agree to that. compromise reached.
Old 03-11-2005   #35
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i'll agree to that. compromise reached
Sounds good to me...
Old 03-11-2005   #36
powda
Hall of Fame

how bout 98% ?
Old 03-11-2005   #37
Anishin
Rookie

I really like what Mike Williams can do, but I'll be happy with Gaffney and Armstrong if he's not there. Once the O line gets a little better I think we'll really see the affects AJ has, Jabar and Derrick always seeing single coverage will have a big payoff.

I know just cause somebody was good in college doesn't mean they will even make it in the pros. Being here in Cali I got to see Williams play a bit, he was so difficult to cover he reminds me of Herman Moore(in his prime, I got no idea WTF went wrong with him). He catches the ball away from his body almost every single time too.
Anishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #38
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Saw Bradford at the airport this evening coming back from somewhere (?) -
The kids heard him make the comment he probably would not be a Texan much longer.
Should be on the news tonight.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #39
sboydr
Rookie

Starling will see alot of playing time this year. I think he will prove himself and take that #2 or #3 spot. He has absolutely blazing speed and good hands but I think was just a little overwhelmed in his rookie season. Now with a year under his belt I predict that he will surprise some people.
sboydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Starling is a real sleeper as our outside speed guy in the next two years. Gaffney and Armstrong are ideal in the slot and Starling has ideal tools to strech the field on the outside opposite of AJ.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read