Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010   #141
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

This is just another scam by the NFL and the rest of the league to undermine the poweres of the Texans, they know we're good so there taking our best player away on defense.

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #142
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Be like Andy P. admite it and it was over the next day just don't be like Roger.
Old 05-07-2010   #143
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I just don't see how steroids would alter an NFL player very significantly. It's not going to make Cushing miss tackles because he's too weak now, dude still trains like a beast. As stated he has the football instincts. I doubt this is going to drastically change the way Cushing plays football, if anything he's just going to be more pissed and prove to people that he still is a beast.

If he didn't think he needed them why would he take them?

I think that it may affect him mentally more than anything. Initially when Cush gets back I don't expect him to be the same player he was for the better part of last season...But I don't expect him to all of a sudden become a mediocre player
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #144
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Just a question I have. Fans today are for players being allowed to use steroids I am not saying I disagree with that. But, what would that do to records from years ago for those who did not have the chance to use them? Isn't that not fair or do we just not care because they are not around anymore? Just a thought.
I think 'we' as a society just don't care anymore if people do drugs. I'm not saying that is good or bad - it just is.

I also don't think fans even consider records from the past being broken by someone on steroids. They just want to win today.

When it comes to the Texans, I can almost understand that sentiment.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #145
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

I hope that was sarcasm
or
is there something that you haven't ever liked with Bob?

you want wins and we all do , but you criticize if they are good guys or "bad" guys.. no matter what is done.

I might have to think of you as terminatorfight .. you set your goal and you don't stop not matter what
If TerminatorFight owned the Texans we'd have already made the playoffs
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #146
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
No wonder why Cushing always came back from injury so quick. We all that he was a beast, but it seems to be the steroids that made him a beast. Doesn't take away from his football instincts (which he showed were great), but hopefully his performance doesn't drop off too much.
No, it's his heart and his work ethic that makes him a beast. Hundreds of thousands, probably millions of people worldwide use steroids, but steroids are nothing without the kind of dedication Cushing puts into his game.

Steroids are nothing more than a tool, just like weight benches and blocking dummies.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #147
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
If TerminatorFight owned the Texans we'd have already made the playoffs
(in Madden)
SnyderFight would be more like it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2010   #148
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Shawne Merriman get the same punishment? It must be something about the number 56.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #149
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like I just watched the Rosencopter game, a marathon of all colts games back to back, a entire game of the Jenkins>Myers play over and over, Jared Allens cheapie to Matt, and Kris Browns awful fieldgoals back to back to back in a constant loop.
Old 05-07-2010   #150
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

LMFAO!!! Same old shit, different stink with some posters.
Old 05-07-2010   #151
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
I think 'we' as a society just don't care anymore if people do drugs. I'm not saying that is good or bad - it just is.

I also don't think fans even consider records from the past being broken by someone on steroids. They just want to win today.

When it comes to the Texans, I can almost understand that sentiment.
i understand. Nice take on this subject.
Old 05-07-2010   #152
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw this and all I have to say is "Well, shhhheeeeeeyiiiiit."
Old 05-07-2010   #153
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I hope he goes right back to using them but doing it in a safer manner so he doesn't get caught.

I can absolutely guarantee you that a significant percentage of players at positions that require you to maintain a lot of muscle while staying pretty lean use steroids at least periodically throughout their career. LBs, DEs, and RBs are the positions that need it the most, and likely a lot of OL and DL use to maintain their huge muscle mass.
Old 05-07-2010   #154
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL
It's the second time in the last five years that the reigning defensive rookie of the year has been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs; Shawne Merriman won the award in 2005 and was suspended in 2006. Although Merriman was selected to the Pro Bowl after the 2006 season, a rule passed in response to Merriman's Pro Bowl selection prohibits players suspended during the regular season from being selected to the Pro Bowl.

So Cushing, who was selected to the Pro Bowl after 2009, won't be a Pro Bowler next season.
suck
Old 05-07-2010   #155
gary
Hall of Fame

Has he basically gone into hiding or what?
Old 05-07-2010   #156
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Hmm ..No other details about this? Why was he allowed to play last year if he violated the NFL policy?

I want to hear Cushing's explanation first
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #157
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Its just 4 games, he'll come back with a huge chip on his shoulder. This team starts slow anyways if we can be 2-2 when he gets back facing that 4 game schedule, it'll be fine.
And why is there such vicious hate for the guy all the sudden? It was probably one of many legal supplements he takes and he assumed it would pass the test just like all his other supplements. If you yourself or know any people who train hard, they take many supplements. Its Cushing's fault for not asking the trainer to check on whatever he was taking, but I don't think the guy was shooting up in an alley behind Reliant stadium in a dark alley. Its more innocent and doesn't deserve the overreaction its getting.

By the way whose upset with the Darryl Sharpton pick now? Meet your opening day starting WILL.
And if we're 0-4 because our run defense stinks? What will you think then?
Old 05-07-2010   #158
gary
Hall of Fame

I hope he has not messed up his status for the HOF if he does indeed make it that far.
Old 05-07-2010   #159
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And if we're 0-4 because our run defense stinks? What will you think then?
We're cold starters. We don't know how to start with a bang. I fully expected us to start 0-4 anyway. Losing Cushing makes no difference there.
Old 05-07-2010   #160
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Honestly except for the INT Cushing played his worst games against the Colts. He just has to cover Clark all day and that doesn't turn out very well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read