Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010   #1061
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substance

Cush, get your credit card out and act now!!

Old 05-18-2010   #1062
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Mm tasty man-milk.
Old 05-18-2010   #1063
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mm tasty man-milk.

dude.....
Old 05-18-2010   #1064
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Wrong

Speculation
Really going all out heh?

Your post is full of fail
Maybe I should have put a big IF in front of the whole post.

I don't believe any of that is true. I was responding to someone saying Joey Defranco's gym won't be negatively affected if it is later proven that Cushing took steroids.

I was just putting the pieces together, that Defranco must know something we don't (like Brian Cushing as a person) to stand so emphatically behind him in this situation. Otherwise, it could be the end of his enterprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
Quote:
It would make more sense for Defranco to distance himself if there is any chance Cushing is on the Juice.

I'm saying this, because I believe Defranco's relationship with Cushing is more than just professional, and that he would have a clue. If he is as tight as he says he is, then he knows.

If it turns out that Brian is on Steroids, with that statement Defranco just put out, his gym, career, life is over.
Completely disagree. His gym is going to be just fine. The results speak for themselves across many many athletes.

His dvd 'Strong' is just AWESOME.
Follow me here. The results speak for themselves. Athletes are proof of those results. Brian Cushing is one of those athletes. Brian Cushing got popped for steroids. Brian's results are because of steroids. All of Defranco's clients must be on steroids.

Defranco has just made it clear that Brian is more than just a client. They are family. It makes it more difficult to distance himself if more evidence proves Brian is guilty.

At the very least, he should have kept his mouth shut... he would still be able to deny it later... like the MMA guys did.

The only way DeFranco should have said what he said, is if he is as close to Brian as he leads us to believe, and he knows for a fact that Brian does not use steroids.
Old 05-18-2010   #1065
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mm tasty man-milk.
Man, you are lucky I am in a good mood. Because that is neg-rep worthy.

On the other hand...

rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #1066
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe I should have put a big IF in front of the whole post.

I don't believe any of that is true. I was responding to someone saying Joey Defranco's gym won't be negatively affected if it is later proven that Cushing took steroids.

I was just putting the pieces together, that Defranco must know something we don't (like Brian Cushing as a person) to stand so emphatically behind him in this situation. Otherwise, it could be the end of his enterprise.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I thought you were starting to lose it
Old 05-20-2010   #1067
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I placed a Thread in the Other Sports Talk section. But I felt that this would still be of interest for those following the Cushing case. At least in the case of cyclist Landis, after all this time, we find that things are not always what a "player" would want to make us believe.

Even back in 2006, the experts couldn't explain his "screwy" high testosterone to low epitestosterone positive test........at which time he denied any drug use or manipulation vehemently saying that these results were a result of natural hormonal thyroid abnormalities which he was treated for and cortisone shots he received for an arthritic hip (anticipating surgery). Now there IS an explanation.

Landis admits drug use, claims Armstrong used

Quote:
Floyd Landis, the only cyclist to lose his Tour de France title due to doping violations, admitted to ESPN.com and The Wall Street Journal that he used performance enhancing drugs throughout his career.

He also claims several other cyclists — including former teammate and seven-time Tour De France champion Lance Armstrong — used performance enhancing drugs and that team managers, owners all knew of the drug use.

Armstrong did not respond to messages seeking comment from the Journal. He has been accused of doping several times during his career, which has always denied. Armstrong also has never been sanctioned.
Landis says he doesn't have documentation for many of his claims.

Landis sent at least three e-mails to cycling and anti-doping officials, ESPN and the Journal reported, detailing his drug use and accusations, particularly with American riders. He claims that he and other American riders learned how to conduct blood transfusions, take the synthetic blood booster Erythropoietin, or EPO, and use steroids.

One e-mail, dated April 30 and addressed to Stephen Johnson, the president of USA Cycling, alleges that Armstrong's longtime coach, Johan Bruyneel, introduced Landis to blood doping and human growth hormone in 2002 and 2003, according to the Journal. Armstrong then helped Landis understand how the drugs worked.

"He and I had lengthy discussions about it on our training rides during which time he also explained to me the evolution of EPO testing and how transfusions were now necessary due to the inconvenience of the new test," he wrote in an e-mail published by the Journal.

You may want to reveiw the 2006 HAPPENINGS surrounding this event when the accusations were fresh and Landis' explanations puzzling.

If the MODS wish that I delete this post in this thread, please let me know.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2010   #1068
arigold
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 arigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden coverarigold could be on the next Madden cover

what is the record on here for pages?
arigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010   #1069
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arigold View Post
Mario had a thread dedicated to him in the 2007 pre-season when he logged a 0's game. I believe it went to like 50 or 60 pages.
Old 05-21-2010   #1070
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Bill Romanowski calls Brian Cushing a liar

In an appearance earlier today on Sirius XM's Mad Dog Radio, Romanowski discussed the recent four-game suspension imposed on Texans linebacker Brian Cushing, who tested positive for hCG last September.

"[H]ere's the deal," Romanowski said, "The only way you can get that substance that he took, hCG, in your body is to inject it, okay? So let's get that clear. So his sob story on TV was, I'm just going to say, was a total lie, okay?

"Do you think when he was getting injected in his ass that he didn't know what was going on? Well, bullcrap. Let's get real. Be honest about it, Brian. I'm sorry you got caught but be honest about it. What that substance is is a substance from pregnant women's urine and what it does is when you have taken a cycle of steroids it turns your system back on from being shut down. It is very, very common in bodybuilding. That is a bodybuilding supplement, or a bodybuilding drug, where when these bodybuilders go on massive doses of steroids for months at a time, they will take that drug to turn their normal system back on and get it working again."
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #1071
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arigold View Post
Quote:
Mario had a thread dedicated to him in the 2007 pre-season when he logged a 0's game. I believe it went to like 50 or 60 pages.
Are we talking football related threads or just in general?

The babe of the day thread easily eclipses this...Also the random thought of the day thread is enourmous as well...I'm sure there are others
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #1072
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

The babe of the day thread easily eclipses this...Also the random thought of the day thread is enourmous as well...I'm sure there are others
Last one to post win thread..
Old 05-21-2010   #1073
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I would think that off-topic threads shouldn't count cause some of those guys have been going on for awhile now.

Still though, this is the first Texan busted for substances and suspended from the NFL right?+
Old 05-21-2010   #1074
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe he's innocent, boom 10 more pages
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read