Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010   #1001
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substance

If Houston has to stand alone, we will support our own. So let it be.

Cush might be telling stories. But he's digging his own hole if thats the case. I'll support his reasoning until proven otherwise.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010   #1002
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substance

Just read this in a PFT article:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-gets-exposed/

From Dr. Gary Wadler, who chairs the committe that the determines the banned substances for the World Anti-Doping Agency:

Quote:
"If he had a tumor that produced hCG, he wouldn't be playing football," Wadler said. "He would be under treatment for a malignant tumor."

Wadler also pointed out that, if Cushing had a tumor, he would have tested positive for hCG consistently. Instead, Cushing only tested positive for hCG once.

"Malignant testicular tumors producing hCG are rather lethal," Dr. Wadler said. "It is a fairly aggressive tumor and you're not playing in the NFL with one."

And that's the truest statement made today as to Cushing: "You're not playing in the NFL with one."
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010   #1003
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I will be leading my section in that ovation.

At that point he will have done his time, and then he is one of ours until he loses the edge - whether that be in two years or ten.
No doubt KT!!
Old 05-14-2010   #1004
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This, coupled with the principle of Occam's razor, makes it a case of using logic over emotion-based reaction.

Cushing is our guy. I'll support him as a Texans fan. But I'm not going to wear blinders because I'm a Texans fan. It is what it is at the end of the day, regardless of personal opinions about the subject of drug testing or PEDs.
See, this is what gets me.

As Ive reflected more on this, I realize that I dont really care that much if he used a PED like hcg prior to entering the NFL. I know he was already "part of the NFL" tehcnically, but hear me out.

What really gets me is his story.

I want to believe him because he sounds so sincere. But what he's saying just seems to ridiculous. If its true, then I really feel for the guy. If its not, then he's lost my respsect.

Its one thing to screw up. Its another thing to invent an absurd story to cover your tracks. Its why I forgave Arod, but not Bonds. Owning up to a mistake makes it much, much better than taking your fans for morons.

LIke I said, I want to believe him. And part of me does. He sounded sincere. Ill support him until there is evidence otherwise. But if it turns out that he was lying, thats where I gotta draw the line
Old 05-14-2010   #1005
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

What I want to know is how this guy is beating the hCG tests?

So the test is bogus, IMO.

WOO-HOO!!! I just got my 1,000th rep point from Thunderkyss.

Glad it was someone I go way back with, back to the days of arguing over David Carr!
Old 05-14-2010   #1006
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, first four games Cushing and the rookie LB switch numbers.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

And we thought it was a wasted draft pick.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010   #1007
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is really all such a shame for this to happen now. I heard Cushing has basketball size tumors in his nuts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2010   #1008
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What I want to know is how this guy is beating the hCG tests?

So the test is bogus, IMO.

WOO-HOO!!! I just got my 1,000th rep point from Thunderkyss.

Glad it was someone I go way back with, back to the days of arguing over David Carr!
I call him Beaker. To me, he looks like Beaker from Sesame Street.

Old 05-14-2010   #1009
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I expect a standing O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
A really enthusiastic standing O at that.
Hopefully a really enthusiastic standing 4-O!!
Old 05-14-2010   #1010
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
See, this is what gets me.

As Ive reflected more on this, I realize that I dont really care that much if he used a PED like hcg prior to entering the NFL. I know he was already "part of the NFL" tehcnically, but hear me out.
& I think that is where a lot of guys who are pissed are coming from. They care. & that's fine. They just need to understand, not everyone sees it the same way.

Also, just to help you out. hCG is not a PED, it is not a masking agent. It's a substance associated with steroid use. This is not definite proof that he uses/used steroids at any time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What really gets me is his story.

Its one thing to screw up. Its another thing to invent an absurd story to cover your tracks. Its why I forgave Arod, but not Bonds.

LIke I said, I want to believe him. And part of me does. He sounded sincere. Ill support him until there is evidence otherwise.
This is where you lose me. There is no more compelling evidence that proves Bonds used steroids, than there is that Cush juices. In both cases, it is speculation. It's a stronger case that Cushing is using. But you haven't forgiven Bonds.
Old 05-14-2010   #1011
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& I think that is where a lot of guys who are pissed are coming from. They care. & that's fine. They just need to understand, not everyone sees it the same way.

Also, just to help you out. hCG is not a PED, it is not a masking agent. It's a substance associated with steroid use. This is not definite proof that he uses/used steroids at any time.

This is where you lose me. There is no more compelling evidence that proves Bonds used steroids, than there is that Cush juices. In both cases, it is speculation. It's a stronger case that Cushing is using. But you haven't forgiven Bonds.
The Book "Game of Shadows" presents more compelling evidence of Bonds use of steroids than anything that's gone down with Cush to this point.
Old 05-15-2010   #1012
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I call him Beaker. To me, he looks like Beaker from Sesame Street.

Old 05-15-2010   #1013
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7006235.html

Quote:
Meanwhile, Steinberg based a big part of his appeal on Cushing's enlarged pituitary gland and a surgical procedure he had while at USC.

Steinberg told Cushing not to tell anyone about the tests, appeal or trips to hospitals in San Diego, Denver and Houston for tests to find out why his body was naturally producing hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).

“I specifically said, ‘I don't want this to be revealed to anyone,' ” Steinberg said Friday. “Look at the firestorm that's occurred.
Quote:
“He had a pre-existing medical condition (involving an enlarged pituitary gland) that was consistent with the natural production of hCG in males,” Steinberg said. “They came out in the hearing, and they were documented.

“We learned that he had a particular medical condition that was consistent with natural production in the body of this banned substance. We felt with the low levels at which it tested was also consistent with natural production.

“We did research and found out that his was a plausible explanation. We consulted an expert who suggested further testing. We became convinced that this was a situation that was naturally produced.”
This stuff doesn't seem consistent with the whole tumor option. Why didn't Cushing mention the enlarged pituitary gland or the USC operation in the press conference? It seems like the doctors told him there were two possibilities, 1) Took hCG 2) Tumors, and since he denied (1) then he automatically took (2) seriously even if there was no further evidence simply by process of elimination.

Old 05-15-2010   #1014
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Hell how those this get so much airtime its not like Cush Killed or Raped someone.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #1015
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7006235.html

This stuff doesn't seem consistent with the whole tumor option. Why didn't Cushing mention the enlarged pituitary gland or the USC operation in the press conference? It seems like the doctors told him there were two possibilities, 1) Took hCG 2) Tumors, and since he denied (1) then he automatically took (2) seriously even if there was no further evidence simply by process of elimination.
Quote:
Steinberg told Cushing not to tell anyone about the tests, appeal or trips to hospitals in San Diego, Denver and Houston for tests to find out why his body was naturally producing hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).
maybe that is why all Brian said was "convincing evidence." He was being told not to say otherwise.

Even if he had, since the NFL denied his appeal, the doubters are going to say that it's the biggest cockameiny load of crap they heard anyway.

He's in a no win situation. The only thing he can do, is get a handle on why his body is producing elevated levels of hCG, get it under control, continue to play like he did last year, and never have an incident like this again.
Old 05-15-2010   #1016
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

I also have a question...I know hCG is used to restore testosterone production after a steroid cycle. But is it also used as a masking agent? I keep seeing the latter in news reports but I thought hCG was just for testosterone restoration.

Old 05-15-2010   #1017
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Im kinda hoping that Cushing was just roiding now...tumors, glands, endocrines...instead of being out for 4 games, if he is ill, his life could very well be on the line.
Old 05-15-2010   #1018
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Im kinda hoping that Cushing was just roiding now...tumors, glands, endocrines...instead of being out for 4 games, if he is ill, his life could very well be on the line.
I hope he's fine but I also hope there's some truth to his statements. Roiding to gain a competitive edge is cheating but pretty forgivable if had just said it. It doesn't strike at the core of his character if his statements turn out to be a ton of BS to cover his tracks.

Old 05-15-2010   #1019
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I also have a question...I know hCG is used to restore testosterone production after a steroid cycle. But is it also used as a masking agent? I keep seeing the latter in news reports but I thought hCG was just for testosterone restoration.
I just read a story in the chronicle that called hCG a masking agent. I personally would think a masking agent would be something you would take that would hide that you injected steroids.

From what I understand, that isn't the function of hCG. hCG is to reverse the damage steroids does to your body.
Old 05-15-2010   #1020
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope he's fine but I also hope there's some truth to his statements. Roiding to gain a competitive edge is cheating but pretty forgivable if had just said it. It doesn't strike at the core of his character if his statements turn out to be a ton of BS to cover his tracks.
I just finished reading a series of e-mails McClain had been receiving from a woman who has been dealing with a similar issue that Cushing is. From what she was saying, his levels could be changing due to a tumor in his brain as well thats messing up his pituitary glands. Apparently, according to this new information from his lawyer, he had surgery on that before. This probably has to be one of the scariest situations Cushing is going through IF he isn't lying and now, I hope he is cause man...if it turns out to be something else it could be bad.

Heres the link to that article I was reading

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read