Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010   #41
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

Brian Cushing has a small peepee.

*giggles*
Old 05-07-2010   #42
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

This is ****ing bullshit. Suspensions for drug use period are ****ing bullshit. When you've got people like Roethlisberger essentially raping/sexually assaulting girls and getting suspended for similar amount of times. Or other sorts of violent/legitimately criminal acts. Taking drugs doesn't harm anyone except for, occasionally, yourself.

I'm pretty surprised he was dumb enough to get caught though. Tons of players in basically every sport use steroids but most people figure out how to not fail the tests.

Lame.

wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #43
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Well guys, think of it like this, he is going to be really p#@$%d off when he comes back from his suspension. Would hate to be the team going against you guys in Week 5, thankfully the Raiders go against you guys on Week 4 .
Why would he be pissed off? He has no one to blame but himself...

I'd think he'd be more ashamed than anything
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #44
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we end up drafting the son of Brian Bosworth ?
The Boz was quite a fraud you know.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #45
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder how much of last year was him or the steroids?
Old 05-07-2010   #46
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why would he be pissed off? He has no one to blame but himself...

I'd think he'd be more ashamed than anything
Well, 4 games does sound a bit harsh when compared to Big Ben's "alleged" fondling of a drunk female. I don't exactly see him coming in Week 5 calm, and Cush doesn't really seem to look like the type who would be ashamed/embarrassed of anything. If he is, I'm sure he will be hellbent to prove he is still a good player w/o the 'roids once he comes back.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
They are talking about roids on 610 right now...Some interesting points about it helping with endurance and maintaining strength..

I think that it definitely helped his performance
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2010   #48
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

We are going to be so screwed. Looks like it will be year 17 and counting since a Houston team has been in the NFL playoffs. FML.

This guy is my favorite player (no joke) and I bought a football jersey for the first time ever with his name and number.

I thought this ****er ate nothing but specially prepared meals and had state of the art masking techniques like Lance Armstrong used. Also what was this about using MMA training techniques during the offseason. FML
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #49
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This really pisses me off. Let's hope one of the other "kids" can step up.

I'm interested to see what he took though. Maybe it's similar to starcaps?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #50
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Well the positives are that he will have a nice chip on his shoulder when he gets back to prove that he can play without the juice.

I don't know how much steroids affects a football player anyways. A baseball player is a different story.
Old 05-07-2010   #51
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Get real ! His entire rookie season is now called into question at the very least, if not entirely discredited.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #52
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I really hope that this doesn't hurt his game at all. I am worried that all those injuries would have kept him out if he weren't on the roids.

Dear god, this is not good, went from one of the brightest spots on the team to a big question mark. The next strike is missing a whole season right?
Old 05-07-2010   #53
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Now the 4th round pick makes sense I was wondering why they drafted another one.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #54
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Merriman had some steroid issues as well right, and now he has turned into a pretty mediocre football player?
Old 05-07-2010   #55
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Surprised this was kept under wraps league wide so long.

2. I'm with Obsi, what substance? Inquiring minds want to know indeed.

3. Was he re-tested at any point during the season? If so did he pass that as well?

4. This is going to cause lingering concerns for me. I just think before we got it confirmed Merriman was on the juice the guy was pretty "lights out" since then not so much. I've got to wonder how much of this contributed to to such a monster rookie campaign.

I'm left thinking at least we've got decent depth at the LBer spot. Not sure why everyone is rushing Sharpton's name out there. We've still got Adibi, Bentley, and it would be nice to see Chaun Thompson finally healthy.

Could we also rotate Diles into the SLB spot?

I say we have depth but, none of them are the thumper that Cush is.

Our defense just took a tremendous blow.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #56
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Well, 4 games does sound a bit harsh when compared to Big Ben's "alleged" fondling of a drunk female. I don't exactly see him coming in Week 5 calm, and Cush doesn't really seem to look like the type who would be ashamed/embarrassed of anything. If he is, I'm sure he will be hellbent to prove he is still a good player w/o the 'roids once he comes back.
I do agree with the last sentence.

That said, I don't see why he'd be upset about the amount of time he was susepenced for...It was never proved that Ben did anything illegal whereas it has pretty much been proven that Cushing took steroids...

I'm upset with Cushing at this point not the leauge for their sentence
Old 05-07-2010   #57
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed
This is ****ing bullshit. Suspensions for drug use period are ****ing bullshit. When you've got people like Roethlisberger essentially raping/sexually assaulting girls and getting suspended for similar amount of times. Or other sorts of violent/legitimately criminal acts. Taking drugs doesn't harm anyone except for, occasionally, yourself.

I'm pretty surprised he was dumb enough to get caught though. Tons of players in basically every sport use steroids but most people figure out how to not fail the tests.

Lame.

I completely agree with this. I am in favor of full legalization of all drugs no joke.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #58
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad I never bought his jersey.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #59
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Like we didnt see this coming who will take his place ??????
Adibi goes to Will. Diles goes to Sam
Old 05-07-2010   #60
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my question. The guy had training camp injury issues. Then he plays a season with no rookie wall and no injuries. Was it the roids and will his body now start having breakdowns?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read