Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010   #181
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This makes me happy!

Well maybe.... you devious son of a *****!!
An 8 X 10 autographed photo of David Carr?
Old 05-07-2010   #182
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
They took a risk and it blew up in our face
I will give them credit for taking a risk

however this is just another notch in smithiak's book of epic fails

so much for building through the draft
complacent penny pinching clueless front office and coaching staff
oh my goodness
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #183
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Sharpton and Adibi should be a spirited competition for WILL in TC.

We're very fortunate to have such a versatile team player in Diles who will move over to SAM and be solid until Cushing comes back. If the WILL can be solid too then that will go a long way in helping us.

One thing is for sure, Ben Tate is gonna need to grow up awfully quick now. With Cushing out the first 4 games we need a serious running game and we need a back that can get us the tough yards and convert redzone opportunities into TDs.
Old 05-07-2010   #184
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
A tough blow to begin the season.

Is it a 1 fail and you get 4 or does this mean he has failed a previous test?
I believe for performance enhancing drugs, it's one failed test=4 game suspension. A player has to flunk 3 recreational drug tests before earning a suspension.
Old 05-07-2010   #185
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just lost my ****ing buzz, and I'm someone that wasn't really sold on Cushing until after the season...

Work your typical anti Smith and Kubiak rhertoric. The old posters know what you're about, so please show the new posters you're agenda so that they can follow along.... That'd be good.
Old 05-07-2010   #186
JMacaroni
On the bubble

Rep Power: 280 JMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I don't know what's worse. The news about Cushing's failed test and suspension. Or Texans fans' reaction to the news. I'll say this: If Cushing were a Titan and been busted, he would have been bashed here unmercifully. And deservedly so. But because he's a Texan, we make excuse after excuse. Sad.
Actually it's going back and forth, but yeah it's the way it goes. Steroids or not, I'd rather him play here than the Titans.
JMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #187
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2010   #188
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

As there may be questions as to the exact policy and its wording, I present the official NFLPA link for The Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances 2009
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #189
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Well guys, think of it like this, he is going to be really p#@$%d off when he comes back from his suspension. Would hate to be the team going against you guys in Week 5, thankfully the Raiders go against you guys on Week 4 .
i dont recall cush ever not being pissed off...this effin sucks...i heard the news via twitter while i was eating and txted my cowboy fans telling the parade will be tommorow at 6pm starting at jerryworld

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #190
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I don't know what's worse. The news about Cushing's failed test and suspension. Or Texans fans' reaction to the news. I'll say this: If Cushing were a Titan and been busted, he would have been bashed here unmercifully. And deservedly so. But because he's a Texan, we make excuse after excuse. Sad.
Really? Do you want to buy my altered Brian Cushing jersey (no it's not really for sale)? My point? Eff Brian Cushing and his 'roided ass. Personally? I don't get the big deal about banning steroids and all that but he just cost us 4 games. That's the bottom line and I'm ticked off as a paying season ticket holder.
Old 05-07-2010   #191
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Here is my question. The guy had training camp injury issues. Then he plays a season with no rookie wall and no injuries. Was it the roids and will his body now start having breakdowns?
yes and yes. Steroids make the body heal allot faster than normal, as you probably have heard over and over during the baseball seasons. Had Cushing not taken them, my "educated guess" would be he would have been out longer with nagging injuries. It was well documented and he has said so himself that he has always played with injuries. Now we may know how he played through them all these years....

Maybe the Texans were knew this was coming, thus the Sharpton pick in the draft.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #192
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Frog.... did Joppru have issues in college?

how about Frank gore? two blown knees in college..Nfl?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #193
JMacaroni
On the bubble

Rep Power: 280 JMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Cushing suspended 4 games for steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I just lost my ****ing buzz, and I'm someone that wasn't really sold on Cushing until after the season...

Work your typical anti Smith and Kubiak rhertoric. The old posters know what you're about, so please show the new posters you're agenda so that they can follow along.... That'd be good.
Exactly. Just work on your buzz a little harder to stay a step ahead.

Last edited by JMacaroni; 05-07-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: eh?
JMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #194
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to start blaming the Texans for terror attacks, the stock market, the border problem, and my hamburger being cold.
Old 05-07-2010   #195
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
An 8 X 10 autographed photo of David Carr?
Old 05-07-2010   #196
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
did Joppru have issues in college?
no. Joppru was medically sound coming out of Michigan. Wasn't until he was on the Texans he caught the injury bug. that maybe because he was a backup for 3 years before lighting it up his Senior year...

had he played sooner, he may have become injury prone at Michigan...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #197
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
TB said he wants to tape to his toliet seat so you have to talk to him about it.
Old 05-07-2010   #198
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

We didn't bring him in to be a choirboy. We brought him in to be a beast. He's just going to have to workout clean from now on.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #199
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we know why Sharpton was drafted.

Playoff-No excuses
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #200
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacaroni View Post
Exactly. Just work on your buzz a little harder to stay a step ahead.
Apparenlty I have to... Everytime SH and the rest of the "pink soapers" come out, I have to drink twice as much...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read