Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-07-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Mini Camp & OTAs

FYI:

Minicamp: June 14-16 OTAs: May 17-20, May 24-27, June 1-3, June 8-10

Looking forward to reading how some players look after coming back from the off-season.
Old 05-08-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mini Camp & OTAs

Speaking of which, when are the rookies (drafted) going to be signed? Its been what, 2 weeks? The lower round guys should be getting close eh?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Speaking of which, when are the rookies (drafted) going to be signed? Its been what, 2 weeks? The lower round guys should be getting close eh?
Good question. I think first rounders are usually just before training camp. I would say about 2-3 weeks before that the lower round picks sign. Remember Harrison did not graduate from Stanford until June, so he was signed after that. Probably july?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Good question. I think first rounders are usually just before training camp. I would say about 2-3 weeks before that the lower round picks sign. Remember Harrison did not graduate from Stanford until June, so he was signed after that. Probably july?
I believe you are speaking some serious truth there. I just want to get everyone in camp this year. Rough opening schedule, and losing Cushing does not help. Everyone needs to be on the sam page and ready from the get-go.
Old 05-08-2010   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe you are speaking some serious truth there. I just want to get everyone in camp this year. Rough opening schedule, and losing Cushing does not help. Everyone needs to be on the sam page and ready from the get-go.
I do not anticipate a problem getting everyone in on time. Jackson will get slotted in between #19 and #21. He will sign right around the time everyone else does, between 3 days and 3 hours before training camp!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe a couple, but usually most of the draft picks are signed somewhere between the 4th of July and training camp
Old 05-09-2010   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rookie Signing Dates

2009 Season
July 31 First Practice Day
Aug 1 (1) Brian Cushing
July 31 (2) Connor Barwin
July 24 (3) Antoine Caldwell
July 24 (5) James Casey
July 17 (4a) Glover Quinn
June 17, (4b) Anthony Hill
June 11, (7) Troy Nolan
June 8 (6) Brice McCain

2008 Season
July 25 First Practice Day
July 25 (1)Duane Brown
July 21 (3)Antwaun Molden
July 21 (3)Steve Slaton
July 21 (5)Frank Okam
July 16 (4)Xavier Adibi
June 26 (7)Alex Brink
June 19 (6)Dominique Barber

2007 Season
July 27 First Practice Day
July 27 (1)Amobi Okoye
July 26 (4)Fred Bennett
July 26 (5)Brandon Frye
July 24 (3)Jacoby Jones
July 23 (5)Brandon Harrison
July 23 (6)Kasey Studdard
July 19 (7)Zac Diles

2006 Season
July 28 First Practice Day
July 23 (3)Charles Spencer
July 23 (3)Eric Winston
July 13 (6)Wali Lundy
July 13 (7)David Anderson
July 12 (4)Owen Daniels
July 07 (2)DeMeco Ryans
April 28 (1)Mario Williams
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do we always have one of the latest Mini-Camps/OTAs? I hate the waiting game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #9
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Why do we always have one of the latest Mini-Camps/OTAs? I hate the waiting game.
Kubiak had throat surgery and had to wait for the throat to heal enough for him to return to work. When I had the same surgery it was some time before I was 100%.

Also some of the younger players have been going to school, this gives them a chance to finish finals.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Kubiak had throat surgery and had to wait for the throat to heal enough for him to return to work. When I had the same surgery it was some time before I was 100%.

Also some of the younger players have been going to school, this gives them a chance to finish finals.
Didn't think about the finals part. That is very true, but it's not just this year that the Texans have late OTAs/Mini-camp (in regards to Kubiak's throat surgery).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Minicamp starts Monday!
Old 05-15-2010   #12
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Minicamp starts Monday!
Sweet. Maybe it'll give us something to talk about other than Cushing's issues.....
Old 05-15-2010   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

My bad, OTAs start Monday. I misread the first post.
Old 05-15-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

My best friend finishes his tour and leaves Afghanistan on Monday too! It's going to be a great day!
Old 05-15-2010   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Sweet. Maybe it'll give us something to talk about other than Cushing's issues.....
Like who's going to replace Cushing for the opening 4 games...

I'm interested to see who's running 1st team on the o-line and what position Wade Smith is playing. Not that it couldn't change before camp. Just would like to see what the coaches are thinking right now. Also wondering if Jacoby Jones will get a shot at dislodging Walter as a starter in 2 WR sets.
Old 05-15-2010   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Just like every year, the stuff I look forward to the most in OTAs and mini-camp are the rookies, both drafted and undrafted. I love seeing (well, hearing) about how our brand new players are adjusting to the NFL.

By the way, I just want to take this time to thank all of you who go to the OTAs and camps in advance. For those of us that cant go, it is unbelievably awesome to hear about what is going on- who looks good, who doesnt, who might surprise, etc. You guys are awesome.
Old 05-15-2010   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just like every year, the stuff I look forward to the most in OTAs and mini-camp are the rookies, both drafted and undrafted. I love seeing (well, hearing) about how our brand new players are adjusting to the NFL.

By the way, I just want to take this time to thank all of you who go to the OTAs and camps in advance. For those of us that cant go, it is unbelievably awesome to hear about what is going on- who looks good, who doesnt, who might surprise, etc. You guys are awesome.
How do you get to go? I thought you could only go during training camp to watch practice.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good shout out! I'd like to echo these sentiments...
Old 05-15-2010   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
How do you get to go? I thought you could only go during training camp to watch practice.
No clue. But it seems like every year people get information for those of us who are outside the Texans area, and I wanted to let them know that we appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2010   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No clue. But it seems like every year people get information for those of us who are outside the Texans area, and I wanted to let them know that we appreciate it.
I'm hopeful that more of the fan site bloggers get media credentials, now that Tony Wylie is out of the picture. I would like to read more unfiltered information than we currently receive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read