Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-22-2014   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Fantasy Football Steel Blue League

Ok, I was gonna retire this league after a decade or more...but I guess I just couldn't do it. I'm gonna need a couple of more players however. Please PM me or contact me here if you are interested.

It's a ten team league with large rosters, IDP, team DEF, multiple offensive position league that rewards big plays on defense (a bonus for 10+ tackles but no points for tackles otherwise). I don't like rewarding tackles for IDP because it's too easy. If you played last season I'm going to tweak the scoring system a bit based on scoring data from last year. Passes defended will get a major bump.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Steel Blue League

I still need one or 3 players (gotta have an even number). Draft is Sunday evening. ArlingtonTexan, Lucky, Khari among others, and I'd like to have a few guys from the forum. You don't need to be a long-timer to play although most of us have been here since the beginning.

Old 08-28-2014   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to play, but need to figure out how to rearrange my schedule for Sunday if chosen. What is the approximate draft time?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Have I played in this before ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I would like to play, but need to figure out how to rearrange my schedule for Sunday if chosen. What is the approximate draft time?

right now, Your draft is on Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:00pm CDT.
Old 08-28-2014   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
right now, Your draft is on Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:00pm CDT.
Ok I should be able to make if work with my cell if still out.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Ok, I was gonna retire this league after a decade or more...but I guess I just couldn't do it. I'm gonna need a couple of more players however. Please PM me or contact me here if you are interested.

It's a ten team league with large rosters, IDP, team DEF, multiple offensive position league that rewards big plays on defense (a bonus for 10+ tackles but no points for tackles otherwise). I don't like rewarding tackles for IDP because it's too easy. If you played last season I'm going to tweak the scoring system a bit based on scoring data from last year. Passes defended will get a major bump.
how does one sign up to participate in this FF activity??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2014   #8
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still looking for a fantasy football league - do you still have a spot open?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Im sending an email to all of you guys. I've been busy this weekend but I hope it isn't too late for some of you.

Old 08-31-2014   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, just sent out the emails, hope you guys can get in and enjoy the season. Live Draft tonight. I'll be adjusting some scoring values this morning....I've been busy with life-stuff.

Old 08-31-2014   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, I'm getting too close to the deadline. First in gets the spot.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/946075

League name: Steel Blue

League Password: doctordoom52

Old 08-31-2014   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ok, I'm getting too close to the deadline. First in gets the spot.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/946075

League name: Steel Blue

League Password: doctordoom52
I'm in.
Windu's Wild Dawgs
I was #9 of 10 so there's one more spot.
Thanks!
Old 08-31-2014   #13
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Is the league full at 10 or am I missing, where I have to sign up?
Old 08-31-2014   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Is the league full at 10 or am I missing, where I have to sign up?
I sent you a link. Just log into NFL.com and go to fantasy

Old 08-31-2014   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I sent you a link. Just log into NFL.com and go to fantasy
Is this an auto draft or what?
Old 08-31-2014   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Is this an auto draft or what?
Live draft tonight at 9PM.

Draft Information
Draft Type: Live
Edit Draft Type
Draft Date: Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 9:00pm CDT
Edit Draft Date and Time
Draft Order: The draft order will be randomized before the draft.
Note that the League Manager can alter the draft order prior to your draft time.
Edit Draft Order

Old 08-31-2014   #17
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

I guess I am blind or something... where is the join button? I can see the league when I click your link, but nowhere to join. And when I browse the leagues I can't find the Steel Blue league...
Old 08-31-2014   #18
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin
Old 08-31-2014   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I guess I am blind or something... where is the join button? I can see the league when I click your link, but nowhere to join. And when I browse the leagues I can't find the Steel Blue league...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
I'm always lost without Khari's help. I could have made it easier by finding that link.

It's a league where you get points in all kinds of places so make sure you think about your player hierarchy.

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2014   #20
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Ah, finally, thanks. I actually was there before, but I couldn't find the league ID (it's not Steel Blue)... but after looking for it some, I finally found it. Looking forward to competing against you guys!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read