Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-07-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young and the Disappearing Sausage Trick

According to the Fox pregame show.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 08-28-2008 at 12:00 AM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Vince Young Wins The Games.

I just hope we smack them up a few weeks from now and bring him back to earth.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone should tell them Peyton was the guy who won the Super Bowl. Or that Tom Brady has 3 rings. I'm a Longhorn (class of '12) but yeah, I don't like VY...
Old 10-07-2007   #4
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Or they could point to his 0 touchdowns and 3 INTs today. Had Leftwich not melted down at the goal line, they might've lost to ATL too.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

my first thought was **** off, no way.....more VY man love...deary me glad I dont get the Fox show
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

LMAO...he would be in my top 5, but nah Manning, Brady, and Favre would DEFINITELY all be ahead of him in my books.....but yeah VY had a bad day today....he'll be alright though...
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

He has had 2 OK games this year. The first was against Indy and the other was against NO. In his other 2 games he has played terrible, but despite that the Titans are 3-1. Right now I'd say he is more lucky, than good.
Old 10-07-2007   #8
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

he was more than okay against N.O. imo (pretty damn good actually)....he's had one bad game....I put him in the top 5, because I can't think of 5 QBs I'd take over him when you look at all of what he can do
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

funny.,
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Vince won me my fantasy game today!

(He was on my opponents' team of course )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
he was more than okay against N.O. imo (pretty damn good actually)....he's had one bad game....I put him in the top 5, because I can't think of 5 QBs I'd take over him when you look at all of what he can do
I can, in no particular order:

Maning
Brady
Favre
Palmer
Romo

All 5 QB's I would take over VY.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I can, in no particular order:

Maning
Brady
Favre
Palmer
Romo

All 5 QB's I would take over VY.
That was to easy.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Over VY, I'd take....

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Brees
Schaub
Jason Campbell
Romo
Old 10-07-2007   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
He was 14-22 for 164 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT against N.O.

That isn't a very good game, if you think that is then you are setting the bar very low.

As for the bad games here you go:

11-18 for 78 yards and 0 TDs with 1 INT against Jacksonville

20-33 for 153 yards and 0 TDs with 3 INT against Atlanta

As for his Rushing stats they are as follows:

11 rushes for 22 yards and 1 TD against Jacksonville

8 rushes for 27 yards and 0 TDs against Atlanta
Old 10-07-2007   #15
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #16
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters
He may improve, but I agree that 3-1 is all that matters. I just think he is very lucky to be 3-1. With as poorly as he has played the Titans could have easily been 1-3 right now.
Old 10-07-2007   #17
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
He may improve, but I agree that 3-1 is all that matters. I just think he is very lucky to be 3-1. With as poorly as he has played the Titans could have easily been 1-3 right now.
They almost melted down today like a typical Bud Adams ran franchise.

With the Falcons marching in to take control of the game Harrington throws it behind his receiver and it basically falls into the hands of Fuller who ran it back for a TD. Then they needed to punt the ball away with 2 minutes left and the kicker gets "sacked". Then the Falcons get a 1st and goal right away and can't cash in. They should have lost the game today, the Falcons gave this one away.

3-1 is all that matters, thats true.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007   #18
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Eh... he'll improve.

3-1 is all that matters
Sounds awfully similar to what they were saying in Chicago not all that long ago.
Old 10-07-2007   #19
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha i guess you're right. We'll see if we end up the same.
Old 10-07-2007   #20
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I agree, but they could also be 4-0. VY gets too much credit when we win and too much when we lose (this game is an obvious exception). The beauty of the game today was we had a defense to bail out our young QB when he made mistakes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read