Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-04-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jags Moving Reggie Nelson?

Jaguars | Interested in moving Reggie Nelson?
Comment (0)
Tue, 04 May 2010 09:14:38 -0400

The Jacksonville Jaguars have discussed the possibility of trading FS Reggie Nelson, reports Josina Anderson, of FOX 31 Denver, via Twitter, according to sources.

This player was a highly touted coming out of college. He was a first round pick back in 08? I'm curious how many people here would still want him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #2
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jags Moving Reggie Nelson?

No thanks. He is hot garbage.
Old 05-04-2010   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

His stat page looks exactly like he came from the Texans.

5 INTs his rookie year, 2 his sophomore, none last year.
Old 05-04-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
His stat page looks exactly like he came from the Texans.

5 INTs his rookie year, 2 his sophomore, none last year.
Wow. Ouch! True though.

So given our current safety depth, noone thinks he could do well?
Old 05-04-2010   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Wow. Ouch! True though.

So given our current safety depth, noone thinks he could do well?
Depens on his contract status and what would have to be given to trade for Nelson.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Did he ever handle any return duties?
Old 05-04-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what he is worth, but as a fa I would give him a little cash and let him go through a camp. I don't know exactly what his deal is. What are his short co9mmings? Im kinda scared of a guy who gets worse the more tape you have to look at.
Old 05-04-2010   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Likely he can be had for a relatively cheap price. Probably a 4th or 5th.

I'd pull the trigger, guy has first round talent. We'd use one or both of those picks on a TE anyway.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 05-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say a 6th or 7th would be worth it to get him, but after this last draft and seeing what the Texans got with those picks, I would say no.
Old 05-04-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with Nelson is that he has the measurables, he just doesn't have the smarts. I'll take my chances with Barber over I trade anything for Nelson.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

trust david gibbs on this one
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
The problem with Nelson is that he has the measurables, he just doesn't have the smarts. I'll take my chances with Barber over I trade anything for Nelson.
That means he isn't coming here. We put IQ above alot of things.
Old 05-04-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
trust david gibbs on this one
Yeah he has done good by us before.

Bernard Pollard
Brice Mccain
Glover Quin
and what the heck...Jacque Reeves has been a bit more decent too.
Old 05-04-2010   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we could sign him as a free agent, make him spill the beans about their defensive schemes and tendencies, and then cut him before the season...that'd be fine by me.

But to trade for the guy? Pass.

One of two things are going on here:

1. Jags know how bad he is, and they want to get rid of him. But why trade for the guy when you could easily draft a guy with that lost draft pick?

2. The Jags DON'T know how to groom/manage their players. In this scenario, Reggie Nelson isn't as good as he ought to be...because of the Jags.

I am having a hard time understanding how someone like Reggie Nelson can do very well his first season, slide a bit in his second year, and then bottom out in the third year. Maybe after a year of playing against him, opposing teams found a way to beat him and Nelson hasn't adjusted to it.
Old 05-04-2010   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

How's the Jags D been the last 3 years? Top 10'ish to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Nelson sucks ass.....he's to the safety position what Jason David is to the CB position.

PASS!!!
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Yeah he has done good by us before.

Bernard Pollard
Brice Mccain
Glover Quin
and what the heck...Jacque Reeves has been a bit more decent too.
Decent list. But, Quinn and McCain will be second year guys, I'd like to have a bit more time to see if Gibbs is capable of developing guys into pro bowl caliber players before handing him the keys to Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If we could sign him as a free agent, make him spill the beans about their defensive schemes and tendencies, and then cut him before the season...that'd be fine by me.

But to trade for the guy? Pass.

One of two things are going on here:

1. Jags know how bad he is, and they want to get rid of him. But why trade for the guy when you could easily draft a guy with that lost draft pick?

2. The Jags DON'T know how to groom/manage their players. In this scenario, Reggie Nelson isn't as good as he ought to be...because of the Jags.

I am having a hard time understanding how someone like Reggie Nelson can do very well his first season, slide a bit in his second year, and then bottom out in the third year. Maybe after a year of playing against him, opposing teams found a way to beat him and Nelson hasn't adjusted to it.
Not making excuses necessarily, but I will point out he's gone through several changes at D coordinator. Mike Smith went on to the HC gig in ATL and as well all know Gregg Williams went on to New Orleans.

I would also point out Since Mike Smith has left they haven't really done a great job developing their defensive draft picks. Which just might be the case with Nelson.

IMO the difference between pulling the trigger on trading the guy for a 4th, 5th or 6th and taking a flyer on another Troy Smith, Brandon Harrison, D. Barber type player in the same rounds is Nelson is going to be more gifted athletically then those guys and comes from a championship program and better or worse is going to be more experienced.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Decent list. But, Quinn and McCain will be second year guys, I'd like to have a bit more time to see if Gibbs is capable of developing guys into pro bowl caliber players before handing him the keys to Houston.
Agreed. Gibbs is highly thought of, for me it's wait and see on some development. So far so good but we saw what happened to Freddy B after his good freshman season.
Quote:
Not making excuses necessarily, but I will point out he's gone through several changes at D coordinator. Mike Smith went on to the HC gig in ATL and as well all know Gregg Williams went on to New Orleans.

I would also point out Since Mike Smith has left they haven't really done a great job developing their defensive draft picks. Which just might be the case with Nelson.
Really good point to bring up. Different guys running the show, could be this had an effect on Nelson.
Quote:
IMO the difference between pulling the trigger on trading the guy for a 4th, 5th or 6th and taking a flyer on another Troy Smith, Brandon Harrison, D. Barber type player in the same rounds is Nelson is going to be more gifted athletically then those guys and comes from a championship program and better or worse is going to be more experienced.
With all that said, the rookie draft pick still might have more potential or be a better football player than Nelson.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that would be the intelligent thing to do I suppose but this is all conjecture anyway, as such I've seen enough magic since David Gibbs came on board to go ahead let him test drive & see how he handles the road.

Quote:
isn't Gregg looking into moving Jenkins to safety or leave him @ CB?

Quote:

I agree with this, bottom line here is the Texans Bush/Gibbs have enough projects to develop, it would be a positive move for Nelson more than anything but I doubt Jag's help a divsional rival continue to re-tool.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Gibbs is highly thought of, for me it's wait and see on some development. So far so good but we saw what happened to Freddy B after his good freshman season.

Really good point to bring up. Different guys running the show, could be this had an effect on Nelson.

With all that said, the rookie draft pick still might have more potential or be a better football player than Nelson.
Fred Bennett doesn't have the hips to be a viable starting NFL corner.....that's the part of his game that got exposed. If you turn him around he's done.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read