Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2010   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Frank Bush talks about his picks.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...8&play_clip=yl

Frank Bush talks about the kids.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Frank Bush talks about his picks.

Sounds like they definitely saw something in Mcmannis that the rest of us missed.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good interview and great information. I think Drew is doing a pretty good job... but not near as good looking as Brooke was!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Sounds like they definitely saw something in Mcmannis that the rest of us missed.
The dude was a victim of the process and like Bush said they had to watch film and trust what they saw .

I think it's good gamble because if he goes to the combine and runs a 4.4 with a 40 vertical , where's he go .
Old 05-03-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush seems really excited for this year...Me Too!
Old 05-03-2010   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Ugh. Kids.

Seriously. That's one thing that maybe shouldn't, but irks me everytime I hear the coaching staff say.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When Kubiak stops being our coach, we should consider Frank Bush. Something about him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2010   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
When Kubiak stops being our coach, we should consider Frank Bush. Something about him.
I see this thread getting derailed in 5....4....3....2....
Old 05-04-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

With just a slight improvement on defense and if we have just a decent improvement in running game, if nothing else goes really wrong, we could have a very good team. I know that is a lot of ifs but success in these areas should be forthcoming next season. Regardless of my concerns about Kareem Jackson, I am glad to have the Dunta issue an object in the rear view mirror.
Old 05-04-2010   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Overview:
K Jackson-Gives guys an extra second to get after the QB (Burn on Dunta?) Mature, calm, understands football well.

E Mitchell-Hell of an athlete, plays with ears pinned back. Can't just play one position in the NFL, has to backup several positions and his versatility of being an ex TE/H back helps. Excited to have him, he's excited to be home.

D Sharpton-Toughness of a Miami LB. Hits. "Shows cover skills". Blends in with LB corps well. Smart. Helps special teams.

S McMannis-A little injured, maybe knocked him down in the draft. Saw a shutdown CB in his play. Runs with WR well. Playmaking ability. Played through injuries, tough guy.

Excited to get back to coaching the group.

I'm excited to see this D turn another corner. Hopefully without the slow start bullshit.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I dont think so. I think they are definitely rolling the dice on this one. IMO they are gambling that Mcmannis lives up to what they think his potential should be. And thats on limited game play.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I dont think so. I think they are definitely rolling the dice on this one. IMO they are gambling that Mcmannis lives up to what they think his potential should be. And thats on limited game play.
McMannis really is a hell of a player from what I've seen of him. Having watched a lot of Big ten football the last few years I've seen Northwestern play quite a few times. He always stood out to me. Very smart player and he gets every single ounce out of his athletic ability.

Is he ever going to be a star in the NFL? In my opinion, probably not. He just doesn't have elite athleticism. But I think he will be solid. Sometimes you don't have to be the greatest athlete in the world to be a good football player. If you know what your job is and you know how to get it done you can be successful.

I don't think he will ever be a starter in this league, but I think he is one of those guys that can hang around for a long time because he minimizes his mistakes.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #13
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more concerned with how Frank Bush reacts to Kareem Jackson's picks.

/amirite?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ironically, Frank Bush might be the reason Kubiak is still the coach
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was hoping that it would happen at the end of this past season, but old Gurry Kubiak found a way to rally the kids and make a decent finish.
Old 05-04-2010   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not being a Kubiak hater and I want Kubiak to be the coach here for many years because that SHOULD mean we are a playoff team/Super Bowl contender if he stays for a while.

However, just seeing Frank Bush and how he seems to want one of those hard nosed tough defenses, I think he would do real well here. He seems to have a no nonsense approach to things.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Ironically, Frank Bush might be the reason Kubiak is still the coach
Funny how many people were up in arms over Bush being promoted. Kubiak's insistence on getting Bush would get him fired but at the same time McNair was just too cheap to hire a "good" DC.
Old 05-04-2010   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Funny how many people were up in arms over Bush being promoted. Kubiak's insistence on getting Bush would get him fired but at the same time McNair was just too cheap to hire a "good" DC.
Yeah, I remember those discussions. LOL

Funny how different the future always seems to be from what we think it will be.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, I remember those discussions. LOL

Funny how different the future always seems to be from what we think it will be.
Both for the better and for the worse.

Going into the 2007 season, people were screaming that we had no depth at receiver and sure enough, AJ got hurt. What we found out was that between Walters, O.D. and Andre Davis, we had a pretty servicable receiving corp. - even above average with the return of a healthy AJ.

Going into the 2008 season (up through and including the preseason), folks were convinced that our running game was going to be abysmal because all we'd done to address is was draft a 3rd round RB. Then the 3rd round RB went out and put up over 1200 yards rushing, over 1600 yards from scrimmage and scored 10 TD's

Going into the 2009 season, we had an underqualified d-coordinator who was only promoted because he was cheap and used to coach for the Bronco's. Oh, and we'd overpaid stupid money on a FA defensive end. But on the otherhand, we had the run game taken care of.

It just goes to show you that the only lesson you can take away from all of this is that we are clearly under-manned at the Free Safety position.
Old 05-04-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Both for the better and for the worse.

Going into the 2007 season, people were screaming that we had no depth at receiver and sure enough, AJ got hurt. What we found out was that between Walters, O.D. and Andre Davis, we had a pretty servicable receiving corp. - even above average with the return of a healthy AJ.

Going into the 2008 season (up through and including the preseason), folks were convinced that our running game was going to be abysmal because all we'd done to address is was draft a 3rd round RB. Then the 3rd round RB went out and put up over 1200 yards rushing, over 1600 yards from scrimmage and scored 10 TD's

Going into the 2009 season, we had an underqualified d-coordinator who was only promoted because he was cheap and used to coach for the Bronco's. Oh, and we'd overpaid stupid money on a FA defensive end. But on the otherhand, we had the run game taken care of.

It just goes to show you that the only lesson you can take away from all of this is that we are clearly under-manned at the Free Safety position.
LOL. Rep.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read