Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-05-2010   #41
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

But none of that has anything to do with him having a fancy car fetish. Don't get a bad feeling about a kid just because he was just handed millions and he bought a nice car. I guess he could have bought a hyperbaric chamber like Cushing, but then he'd be a freak like people called Brian right?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
But none of that has anything to do with him having a fancy car fetish. Don't get a bad feeling about a kid just because he was just handed millions and he bought a nice car. I guess he could have bought a hyperbaric chamber like Cushing, but then he'd be a freak like people called Brian right?
AGAIN.....it wasn't just the car. It was the story on how he had to be pushed to be the kind of player he is.......he wasn't "self motivated", when you hand those type of players LARGE contracts sometimes bad things happen. It's hard to motivate a millionaire how already has everything. Players that aren't "self motivated" tend to not do so well in this league.

P.S.

Making a hyperbaric chamber your first major purchase to heal up/recover quicker when you're a rookie = complete badassness.....don't forget it And Cushing IS A FREAK.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #43
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Then there's Ben Tate, who was crushed when he thought the Texans had already picked someone else. And then broke down in tears when Coach Kubiak called him and told him he'd been selected. He wants to do everything he can to make the Texans a winner. I'm a legit Tate fan now and will be cheering my ARSE off for this guy to succeed.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=897632350468
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010   #44
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Then there's Ben Tate, who was crushed when he thought the Texans had already picked someone else. And then broke down in tears when Coach Kubiak called him and told him he'd been selected. He wants to do everything he can to make the Texans a winner. I'm a legit Tate fan now and will be cheering my ARSE off for this guy to succeed.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=897632350468
It seems to me that Tate is truly grateful to have this chance in the nfl, feels blessed to have made it and is hungry to succeed, work as hard as he can, and do well for himself, his teammates, his fans and I get the sense he feels like he has to prove himself and that Kubiak won't regret it. That's the kind of player I love.

[/runonsentence]
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
It seems to me that Tate is truly grateful to have this chance in the nfl, feels blessed to have made it and is hungry to succeed, work as hard as he can, and do well for himself, his teammates, his fans and I get the sense he feels like he has to prove himself and that Kubiak won't regret it. That's the kind of player I love.

[/runonsentence]
Great players in any sport are seldom motivated by money. They are usually rewarded by it. Great players are motivated from within. They find ways to maintain their own motivation.

Another sport, I know, but Mickey Mantle was such a player. He said that there were always new reasons he would find to "better" himself.
Quote:
During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball.-----Mickey Mantle
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010   #46
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL Live Video

If you listen to Trey Wingo we have Ryan Mathews. Since when did we draft Ryan Mathews to help our running game? Marcellus Wiley's expression is exactly my reaction. Big brain fart, Trey Wingo.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
NFL Live Video

If you listen to Trey Wingo we have Ryan Mathews. Since when did we draft Ryan Mathews to help our running game? Marcellus Wiley's expression is exactly my reaction. Big brain fart, Trey Wingo.
Did he call us the Oilers, too? I think Mayock did on draft day.

How about our GM, Mr. Richard Smith? Did he mention him?

Oh, but they know the name of Brian Cushing don't they? Jerks.

Wingo is Top 3 in my book of azzhats. Salisbury and Paul Maguire round out the Top 3. Deion Sanders is honorable mention, first alternate.

Here's the lineup for Hall of Fame Azzhat NFL Analysts:

Maguire, one of the biggest Oilers hater analysts evah:

Wingo, The DingoBat:

And Salisbury SteakFace:

Deion doesn't get his photo posted because he has the distinction of having played for the Cowboys.
Old 05-23-2010   #48
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thought little dickie justice age 12 was one of the worst "analysts" I've ever read.

Skip Bayless is the worst I've seen on TV.
Old 05-23-2010   #49
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I honestly can't believe how some fans get so upset over things like this.
Say bad things about my city or team and I will get upset, I take pride in things I do and where I am from.

I am not talking about just this particular incident, just in general.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #50
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Could have been a number of things - the SD connection being one of them, or he could have even been talking about being scared of dropping all the way down to #20, and that's very well how it could have turned out if SD hadn't traded up for him. (or it could have been that there was some reason he didn't want to play for the Texans).

Whatever the reason, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
This was my take on it!

Not a big deal at all. He was probably discussing nerves on a draft day where a yound kid was looking to get picked by a team that said they wanted him.
Old 05-24-2010   #51
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Great players in any sport are seldom motivated by money. They are usually rewarded by it. Great players are motivated from within. They find ways to maintain their own motivation.
That's not sports; that's life.
Old 05-24-2010   #52
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Matthews? Someone should send this to the Texans seccondary so they know to light this muff-hugga up like a Christmas tree whenever a molecule of his sweat touches a ball when they play.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not getting upset that a teenager had to be motivated to play football or gets into minor crap especially if daddy is not around. $100,000 for a car? Better than a hooker and drugs but not as fine as an American Offshore racing boat. Yes, I still miss 1 BAD BOY. Nothing Ryans does interests me until he walks on to the field against Texans. I am much for concerned about stupid stuff our guys might do.
Old 11-02-2010   #54
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

just a friendly before the game coming up
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #55
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares hes been playing hot and cold today

What worries me this games is Gates and SPoiles
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #56
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess who is also Back

Kris Brown and Travis Jackson

I hope KB is the kicker in a clutch KICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #57
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Guess who is also Back

Kris Brown and Travis Jackson

I hope KB is the kicker in a clutch KICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis....Jackson?
Old 11-02-2010   #58
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

How has Ryan been doing any ways? Seems he hasn't been making a lot of noise in the NFL. RBs usually don't take long at all to know what they are going to be. Seems like IMO he woulda been a disappointment here.

Glad the Arian thing is working out. Made me completely forget about this guy.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #59
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Ryan Matthews? Someone should send this to the Texans seccondary so they know to light this muff-hugga up like a Christmas tree whenever a molecule of his sweat touches a ball when they play.
Seriously? The Secondary lighting someone up?

Did you mean 'ole as he runs past them, or wave as they forget to cover him for yet another first down?

This is our secondary getting prepared for Sunday....

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
How has Ryan doing any ways? Seems he hasn't been making a lot of noise in the NFL. RBs usually don't take long at all to know what they are going to be. Seems like IMO he woulda been a disappointment here.

Glad the Arian thing is working out. Made me completely forget about this guy.
Tolbert is the best back on that team....I watched that game Sunday and he was running over Titan defenders. Somebody just needs to give him a shot, it looks like SD might've found another Michael Turner in their backfield.....dude just needs a shot as a starter.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read