Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-02-2010   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NOOB question

I'm a new texan. Just started to watch texans about two years ago. I lived in houston all my life however never really got into the nfl until my dad got me into it. Now I follow it as if it's the oxygen to my lungs. And so I think I've come to a point where I want to buy season tickets. I have no idea what the heck a PSL is or what you do with it. Can someone please inform me of this entire process of buying tickets. I searched it up on google but all I got in my head was a big "?". And lastly how much is the average price for getting two season tickets
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NOOB question

PSL's are required to 'own' seats in a large portion of the stadium. I think every seat section 400 and under (and most 500's?) are PSL seats. This means you have to purchase an imaginary thing called a PSL.

Then, each year thereafter, you have the 'right' to buy the season tickets for that seat. If you don't renew your season tickets you lose the PSL.

Some seats in the 500's and 600's are just season tickets (meaning you just renew them each year). You get those from the Texans (call the ticket office).

To get PSL's you can try the Texans, but you may have to buy them on the secondary market (here, Ebay, the Texans ticket site, etc.).

The transfer fee for a PSL is currently $250. As far as how much, depends where you want to sit
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NOOB question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
PSL's are required to 'own' seats in a large portion of the stadium. I think every seat section 400 and under (and most 500's?) are PSL seats. This means you have to purchase an imaginary thing called a PSL.

Then, each year thereafter, you have the 'right' to buy the season tickets for that seat. If you don't renew your season tickets you lose the PSL.

Some seats in the 500's and 600's are just season tickets (meaning you just renew them each year). You get those from the Texans (call the ticket office).

To get PSL's you can try the Texans, but you may have to buy them on the secondary market (here, Ebay, the Texans ticket site, etc.).

The transfer fee for a PSL is currently $250. As far as how much, depends where you want to sit

I looked up some PSL prices on ebay and saw that they are around 2-3,000. Are they all that expensive? And thanks a lot for the quick repsonse
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the very familiar posters here is selling their season tix on the tix thread, her handle is FILO Girl.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

go to the tickets forum and you can see a lot of ticket sales, depends where you want to be in the stadium as to the PSL price,
Old 05-03-2010   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NOOB question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I looked up some PSL prices on ebay and saw that they are around 2-3,000. Are they all that expensive? And thanks a lot for the quick repsonse
Despite what sports radio callers would have you believe - PSL's have never been cheap on the secondary market - not even after the 2-14 season. PSL's RARELY revert back to the Texans (that's not saying don't try them - they would be a world cheaper).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

As Yankee said...PSLs are required for the bulk of the stadium...but not all of it. I have had non-PSL seats since the very first year. I renew them with the Texans and get the same seats. Yes, I am in the 600 level but I like it there.

My tickets cost me $470 per seat this year. If the point is to get to the games, going with non PSL seats may be a viable option for you. Or...if your budget allows it, get a PSL.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read