Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-27-2010   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute | Apologizes after

Guess this answers why one team passed on Dez... would've been kinda awkward

Quote:
New Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant tells Yahoo! Sports that an NFL executive asked him during a predraft visit if his mother was a prostitute.

“They asked me if my mom’s a prostitute,” Bryant told Michael Silver. Bryant's advisor David Wells, who attended the meeting.

Said Bryant: “No, my mom is not a prostitute. I got mad – really mad – but I didn’t show it. I got a lot of questions like that: Does she still do drugs? I sat and answered all of them.”

Yahoo!, citing an anonymous source, reported that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland asked the question.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...P.29cb3cb.html

Quote:
Yes, Jeff Ireland asked the question. And he is sorry he did.

The Dolphins general manager has called receiver Dez Bryant in the last hour and apologized for asking the player if his mother was ever a prostitute. The question came during a pre-draft interview at the Dolphins training facility earlier this month.

Bryant has apparently accepted the apology.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions.

"Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him.

"I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#ixzz0mLXef8i5
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute | Apologizes after

There is absolutely no excuse for asking that question. If it was just to see his response, he should have been apoligized to immediately and told the reason for the question. If it was a serious question, then Ireland is just a scumbag.
Old 04-27-2010   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute | Apologizes after

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
There is absolutely no excuse for asking that question.
If the Dolphins really needed to know this, they should have hired an investigator. Ridiculously poor judgment.
Old 04-27-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

You know how Roger Goodell is on a crusade to "protect the shield"? (which I agree with) Well this should also fall under "protecting the league's image". Some of these interview questions are starting to get ridiculous and are becoming bad press. Goodell needs to get control of this. I don't care what job you're interviews for, the "is your mom a hooker" question should never be asked. If I was a top prospect and that dumbass asked me that question, I can assure you....I would've gone undrafted.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #5
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

So this buffoon only says he's sorry after its brought out that it was him? I hope the Dolphins tank bad this year!
Old 04-27-2010   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions,"
WOW! What role was Dez' mom being recruited? If the answer was yes and Dez had always been a good child and young man, then his mother's behavior could have been the deciding factor in his draft status? But, hey guy, thanks!
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's totally legit to ask if his mom's a prostitute. That kind of information is helpful in determining if you can be a top flight WR in the NFL.
Old 04-27-2010   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It's totally legit to ask if his mom's a prostitute. That kind of information is helpful in determining if you can be a top flight WR in the NFL.
How?
Old 04-27-2010   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
How?
Either Nitro was trying to make a joke about wide receivers...or he is being sarcastic...or both. If so, touché good sir...touché.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Either Nitro was trying to make a joke about wide receivers...or he is being sarcastic...or both. If so, touché good sir...touché.
I usually pick up on such, but it's late, I'm tired and not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Old 04-27-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Prostitutes are fairly acrobatic. It'd make sense if that was passed along to her children.

TexanBill? Can you confirm to their acrobatic ability?

Starstruck, I'm just yukkin' around with heavy sarcasm tonight. I'm even pissing the wife off.

Kulluminati, must spread yadada... I'll get you again as soon as I can!
Old 04-27-2010   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Prostitutes are fairly acrobatic. It'd make sense if that was passed along to her children.

TexanBill? Can you confirm to their acrobatic ability?

Starstruck, I'm just yukkin' around with heavy sarcasm tonight. I'm even pissing the wife off.

Kulluminati, must spread yadada... I'll get you again as soon as I can!
Gotcha! I will get Kull repped for you.
Old 04-28-2010   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah i don't really care what he asked him or any other prospect
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Hey Dolphins, have fun playing against Dez Bryant.

He's going to make sure you pay for it.

And Goodell needs to screen all questions that will be asked of recruits, record those sessions, and review the tape to make sure those guys are not being treated with such blatant disrespect. Yeah, I know that's an extreme request that I have--I understand it would take a lot of work--but do it anyways.

"Is your mother a prostitute?" And the guy sits there and TAKES the question? Wow. I don't think I could have continued. I honestly don't think I could have.
Old 04-28-2010   #15
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

It think the point of the question is being missed.

Let me ask you a question, would you give 15 million dollars to a player who is A: emotionally compromised and B: mentally unable to control his actions on and off the field? IMO that was the sole purpose of the question so the Miami Dolphins do not have to deal with a Rapist-berger, Holmes, Burress, Pac Man Jones or any other player off field incident. If Bryant could answer that question, with control and positive, he passed the test. If not, if he exploded or went off, you think players on the field and reporter off the field won't ask similar questions to get a rise out of him? Say TMZ or somebody ask Bryant that same question and he goes off on the reporter and gets suspended 6 games or even for the year. who pays the 15 million back? Nobody, it's money down the drain.

Another team asked Tebow "Is God going to get in your way of being an NFL QB?"

Team asked Gerhart if he felt "entitled" because he was a "white" RB

You people need to understand, this isn't a everyday corporation. In corporate America, that question would get HR fired, but in a business where giving a player 15-25 million guaranteed is a common occurrence, that player better answer every freaking offensive and personal question I ask before I invest that kind of money in him. Like I said, he goes off his rocker off the field, I loose 15 Million on a head case...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

Let me ask you a question, would you give 15 million dollars to a player who is A: emotionally compromised and B: mentally unable to control his actions on and off the field? IMO that was the sole purpose of the question so the Miami Dolphins do not have to deal with a Rapist-berger, Holmes, Burress, Pac Man Jones or any other player off field incident. If Bryant could answer that question, with control and positive, he passed the test. If not, if he exploded or went off, you think players on the field and reporter off the field won't ask similar questions to get a rise out of him? Say TMZ or somebody ask Bryant that same question and he goes off on the reporter and gets suspended 6 games or even for the year. who pays the 15 million back? Nobody, it's money down the drain.

You people need to understand, this isn't a everyday corporation. In corporate America, that question would get HR fired, but in a business where giving a player 15-25 million guaranteed is a common occurrence, that player better answer every freaking offensive and personal question I ask before I invest that kind of money in him. Like I said, he goes off his rocker off the field, I loose 15 Million on a head case...
The problem with this is every reporter and person out there knew his familys background. You also can hire investigators to learn more info if you needed to. The question was just gratuitous. The kids was suspended for hanging with Deion and has been late sometimes. He hasn't been a criminal or done drugs or drinking. It was a b.s. question. There is a reason there is an apology now. If he wanted to ask a question then he should have just asked if his family situation will in anyway compromise his future in the league by making him act out.
Old 04-28-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That is why I posted above
Quote:
If it was just to see his response, he should have been apoligized to immediately and told the reason for the question.
If it was to see if you could get a rise outta him, there should have been an apology before the session ended.
Old 04-28-2010   #18
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That is why I posted above

If it was to see if you could get a rise outta him, there should have been an apology before the session ended.
There probably wasn't one because a player usually doesn't rat out the GM who asked the questions. There are a ton of offensive questions asked to players. Haven't heard the GM that asked Tebow or Gerhart the offensive questions come out and apologize, and you won't because that is all part of the process...

Old 04-28-2010   #19
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The problem with this is every reporter and person out there knew his familys background. You also can hire investigators to learn more info if you needed to. The question was just gratuitous. The kids was suspended for hanging with Deion and has been late sometimes. He hasn't been a criminal or done drugs or drinking. It was a b.s. question. There is a reason there is an apology now. If he wanted to ask a question then he should have just asked if his family situation will in anyway compromise his future in the league by making him act out.
Then you wouldn't get a true response. You would get the usual BS answer, "Um no sir not all." It wasn't a BS question, it was to see how he handled the question and the ONLY reason there was an apology issued is because someone opened their mouth to the press. Like I said, where it the apology from the GM that asked Tebow if "God was gonna get in his way of being a NFL QB?" Is that not a BS question? Or what about Gerhart getting asked if he felt "entitled to being a RB because he is white." Is that not a BS question and racist to boot? What do those 2 question have to do with football, everything and nothing.

Gratuitous or not, I am about to had 15 million to a kid that already comes into the league with baggage, no matter the offense. I want to be dam sure the kid can handle himself mentally and emotionally...

Old 04-28-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
There probably wasn't one because a player usually doesn't rat out the GM who asked the questions. There are a ton of offensive questions asked to players. Haven't heard the GM that asked Tebow or Gerhart the offensive questions come out and apologize, and you won't because that is all part of the process...

Bryant needs to grow the hell up...
I don't think the questions asked those two compare to asking Bryant if his Mom is a whore. Not even close.

But I do agree Brany has maturity issues.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read