Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2010   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will Ben Tate's Number still be #44?

I know its Vonta's number, but I just thought i would throw it out there. Maybe they can work a deal out for it. What do you guys think?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Ben Tate's Number still be #44?

Doubt it. Most guys transition into a # in the 20s.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

No. he is going with 43. He announced it on his twitter page. Its his background.

http://twitter.com/BenTateRB
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He wanted 44 obviously. But like you said it was taken.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #5
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Doubt it. Most guys transition into a # in the 20s.
I am giving you Rep, but only because of your avatar picture. I have no clue who that it is, but i want to find out.
Old 04-27-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been trying to figure out who Ben Tate reminds me of and it wasn't until you flashed his college #44 that I realized it.

A much faster Lorenzo White.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've been trying to figure out who Ben Tate reminds me of and it wasn't until you flashed his college #44 that I realized it.

A much faster Lorenzo White.
I read a scout describe him as Matt Forte with much more speed.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2010   #8
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
I am giving you Rep, but only because of your avatar picture. I have no clue who that it is, but i want to find out.
It's Keeley Hazell
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard he stole Steve Slaton's lunch a little earlier, and he's coming back for his number in the parking lot.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #10
No More 8-8's
Veteran

To me #43 sounds like a FB number, now #44 on the other hand rings of a badass. Maybe due to Vonta probably.

I for one, am hoping that he makes a nice contribution in the Leach family nestegg and acquires his number.
Old 04-27-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
To me #43 sounds like a FB number, now #44 on the other hand rings of a badass. Maybe due to Vonta probably.

I for one, am hoping that he makes a nice contribution in the Leach family nestegg and acquires his number.
Would have been sweet, if he picked 34.

Now that's a running back.
Old 04-27-2010   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

But think about it, 43 is the reverse of 34. And the Texans have not had good luck with that number so why not try 43.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #13
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dominique Barber wears #34.

I couldn't care less what number a player wears, as long as they produce on the football field.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #14
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

22.would be an awesome #....half of 44
Old 04-27-2010   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
But think about it, 43 is the reverse of 34. And the Texans have not had good luck with that number so why not try 43.
And anyone who compares himself or gets compared to THE MAN that wore #34 usually disappoints. Now with that number we can secretly know what's going on with those digits and he can share the success Earl did (please dear God).

Quote:
I couldn't care less what number a player wears, as long as they produce on the football field.
Appearantly you aren't too familiar with the HOFers that wore that number in Houston.
Old 04-27-2010   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:

No that was a horse, tank, cheetah, brick wall, and anyother unstoppable and immovable object all roled into a Texas legend.
Old 04-27-2010   #17
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

On his facebook fanpage I suggested he do that. But I told him he'd have to pay Dominique Barber for it lol.
Old 04-27-2010   #18
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Appearantly you aren't too familiar with the HOFers that wore that number in Houston.
Nice assumption there... Do you really think that Earl Campbell would have been garbage if he didn't wear #34?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Nice assumption there... Do you really think that Earl Campbell would have been garbage if he didn't wear #34?
didn't Earl wear #20 in college..??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #20
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I say the player makes the number. I remember back in 06 watching this rookie with the strange number 59 thinking "he's gotta change it". 4 years later, its one of the most popular numbers on the team.

Who knows, Tate could make that a great number.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read