Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-27-2010   #1
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What might have been...

CJ Spiller video

Ryan Mathews

Toby Gerhart
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #2
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What might have been...

Jahvid Best

IMO, he's the best RB to come out of this draft...and I believe the best to come out in quite some time. Dare I say, Barry Sanders 2.0 ?! No bias whatsoever btw...

Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Reggie Bust Bush supposed to be the next coming of Barry Sanders?
Old 04-27-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, two guys we would have had to trade the farm for, and a 2nd round RB who slaughtered the devestating Pac 10 defenses. Add to it Jahvid Best is just like the RB's we have, and I think we got the best guy we could.
Old 04-27-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

.....and thank God it didn't.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #6
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Jahvid Best

IMO, he's the best RB to come out of this draft...and I believe the best to come out in quite some time. Dare I say, Barry Sanders 2.0 ?! No bias whatsoever btw...

for some reason, when i think of jahvid best i think of LT. Dont ask me y
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #7
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I had best rated equal to spiller and above matthews. I think people are going to be surprised how quick he is inside the hole and how he will outrun angles. Not quite chris johnson, but very close.
Old 04-27-2010   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

2009 Houston Texans - Brian Cushing: Defensive Rookie of the Year
2010 Houston Texans - Ben Tate: Offensive Rookie of the Year

i was hoping for ben tate in the second round, so i might be slightly biased.
Old 04-27-2010   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I see of Tate the more and more I like him. I do like him better than Gerhardt. Both have similar styles, but I didn't Tate being caught from behind as often as Toby did. I think they'll both be good. It is irrelevant what I think of Spiller, Mathews and Best since they were not there in the 2nd RD.
Old 04-27-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Just be glad we didnt draft Tyson Alualu in round 1.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #11
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I wanted Mathews with our 1st and a CB in the 2nd but the Chargers made sure that didn't happen so we went CB then RB. I'm happy with that.

There is no "what might have been" with the NFL Draft, there's only "what is". You cannot change what happened so worrying about it is fruitless.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
.....and thank God it didn't.
No kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Well I wanted Mathews with our 1st and a CB in the 2nd but the Chargers made sure that didn't happen so we went CB then RB. I'm happy with that.

There is no "what might have been" with the NFL Draft, there's only "what is". You cannot change what happened so worrying about it is fruitless.
You'll thank them for it later.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
So, two guys we would have had to trade the farm for, and a 2nd round RB who slaughtered the devestating Pac 10 defenses. Add to it Jahvid Best is just like the RB's we have, and I think we got the best guy we could.
2nd round RB . If it wasn't for him being injured, he would have been a top 10 pick, ahead of Spiller. For those of you who haven't see it, here is the vid of him being injured. Would he have fallen to the Lions in the 2nd round, maybe, but you never can be sure (IE Chargers trading up to grab Mathews).

I think the Pac 10 is a little underrated. It has produced a lot of great players in recent years. Two names that come to mind are Aaron Rodgers and DeSean Jackson. They were playing against devastating Pac 10 defenses, and look how they turned out.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just giving equal time to the other three guys, and Best should have been on the list, so four guys.

I like the Tate pick when you add the trade down into it. And he is already the best RB we have had on our roster since day one of the franchise.

But Tate will be judges by these 4 other backs for the rest of his career. If Toby proves to be better than Tate, and the other two picks, then we will look stupid for the trade down.

Now I hope Tate is the ROY, but my money is on Mathews in the Chargers offense, Mathews is going to get every chance to carry the rock 25 times a game. Tate is going to be asked to split time with Slaton and maybe Foster, so he will be getting less carries, closer to the 15 to 20 range, but I have been wrong so many times I could be again.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

So why did Jonathan Dwyer fall to round 6? He was picked by the Steelers right after the Texans pick, and I thought he would have been a good value in the 6th. I could have sworn he was rated a 2nd-3rd round prospect going into the draft.
Old 04-27-2010   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2nd round RB . If it wasn't for him being injured, he would have been a top 10 pick, ahead of Spiller
Um. That is a HUGE question mark with him. Prior to this season he was nicked. This year he had 2 serious concussions. Add in a back injury as well.

Now, factor in the fact he plays Running back. He has already had 2 concussions. We know that after one concussion the likihood of getting another increases with each one. Ask Troy Aikman or Steve Young how concussions come in bunches. I would not want him on my team based on that medical history. Tate is a FAR better choice than a running back with two concussions this past season.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So why did Jonathan Dwyer fall to round 6? He was picked by the Steelers right after the Texans pick, and I thought he would have been a good value in the 6th. I could have sworn he was rated a 2nd-3rd round prospect going into the draft.
Yeah Iwish we had taken him too.
Old 04-27-2010   #18
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Both have similar styles, but I didn't see Tate being caught from behind as often as Toby did.
Cannot stress this hard enough! I like Toby Gerhart, but I'm glad we got this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBkonPBFGY
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2nd round RB . If it wasn't for him being injured, he would have been a top 10 pick, ahead of Spiller. For those of you who haven't see it, here is the vid of him being injured. Would he have fallen to the Lions in the 2nd round, maybe, but you never can be sure (IE Chargers trading up to grab Mathews).

I think the Pac 10 is a little underrated. It has produced a lot of great players in recent years. Two names that come to mind are Aaron Rodgers and DeSean Jackson. They were playing against devastating Pac 10 defenses, and look how they turned out.
I was talking about Gerhart. Best would be nice, but he is similar to guys we have. I think the Pac 10 is rated right about where it should be. They are just a little soft on D.
Old 04-27-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What might have been?

Who knows? No one knows. Except the time traveling man, and he's the same one that told you guys Reggie Bush is Da Man three years ago. That's the problem with time traveling, you essentially enter a parallel universe so you don't come back to the same one where Reggie Bush went for 2500 yards his first season and Mario and Sausage Boy never amounted to anything.

So don't tell me what these players are going to do, because you either don't know, or you've been time traveling. Either way, your data is suspect.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read