Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2010   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft question

I'm watching ESPN, and I noticed the entire Tebow household had Bronco hats once he was selected. My question is, where do these hats come from and how does everyone in the house get one? Do they have a stash of hats from all 32 teams hidden somewhere?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft question

I have always wondered that as well. My best guess is that Tebow had an idea of the teams that were interested in him, and the NFL provides the hats for 'em.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'm watching ESPN, and I noticed the entire Tebow household had Bronco hats once he was selected. My question is, where do these hats come from and how does everyone in the house get one? Do they have a stash of hats from all 32 teams hidden somewhere?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking he and his agent had a list of Teams that were pretty high on drafting him and some that they heard from on the other end of the spectrum. I wouldn't put it past them/espn/nfl/whoever to have some boxes of Bronco, Patriot, Bills, etc hats in boxes available depending on who took him.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they probably had hats from all 32 teams.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there were 2-3 teams who sent him hats in case they took him on day 1.

Broncos
Bills
Jags
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #6
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet they had all the possibilities ready - they can probably return all the others, so it's not as though it even costs much.

I always thought it was interesting how they print up "Super Bowl Champion" hats/shirts for both teams (and do the same for many other championships/events). I understand they usually donate the other ones to 3rd world countries. That's nice, but then I also have images in my head of some country where everyone is convinced that the Patriots went 19-0.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I bet they had all the possibilities ready - they can probably return all the others, so it's not as though it even costs much.

I always thought it was interesting how they print up "Super Bowl Champion" hats/shirts for both teams (and do the same for many other championships/events). I understand they usually donate the other ones to 3rd world countries. That's nice, but then I also have images in my head of some country where everyone is convinced that the Patriots went 19-0.
My favorite was seeing a random guy in Egypt with a Chicago Bears Super Bowl Champion shirt. I bet that thing would sell for some money on ebay as a gag gift to Bears fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read