Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010   #1
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame
 
Jackie Chiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 31
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper Grade

For those that care he has us as the 8th best draft:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5118576

Summary: Pick a position group and the Texans took a stab at finding a good player there. They got a solid corner to replace Dunta Robinson with Kareem Jackson at No. 19. A predictable, solid pick. Ben Tate looks even better as a value at No. 58 considering Minnesota traded up to get Toby Gerhart at No. 51, and given the struggles to hang onto the ball by Houston rushers last year, he figures to get a great look. Then there's players with promise all over. Darryl Sharpton could get a look on the inside of the 3-4 at linebacker, and Trindon Holliday could be the next Dante Hall. Even Dorin Dickerson way down at No. 227 has promise at tight end if he can add strength. Nothing amazing, but plenty of promise.
Draft grade: B
__________________
"If the bra don't fit, you must acquit"
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 23,423
Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
For those that care he has us as the 8th best draft:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5118576

Summary: Pick a position group and the Texans took a stab at finding a good player there. They got a solid corner to replace Dunta Robinson with Kareem Jackson at No. 19. A predictable, solid pick. Ben Tate looks even better as a value at No. 58 considering Minnesota traded up to get Toby Gerhart at No. 51, and given the struggles to hang onto the ball by Houston rushers last year, he figures to get a great look. Then there's players with promise all over. Darryl Sharpton could get a look on the inside of the 3-4 at linebacker, and Trindon Holliday could be the next Dante Hall. Even Dorin Dickerson way down at No. 227 has promise at tight end if he can add strength. Nothing amazing, but plenty of promise.
Draft grade: B
Amazing that he doesn't know we run a 4-3

And no mention of Mitchell? Didn't hear Kubiak's post-draft presser?

I'm actually surprised he has us so high. Not the norm for him. We didn't take any of his projected picks
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor
 
kiwitexansfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 37
Posts: 9,425
Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Honestly, couldn't care less about what Kiper says.

What is he talking about Sharpton as a 3-4 backer for anyway?
__________________
Season Prediction: WAS - W, @ OAK - W, @ NYG - W, BUF - W, @ DAL - W, IND - L, @ PIT - L, @ TEN - W, PHI - L, @ CLE - W, CIN - L, TEN - W, @ JAX - W, @ IND - L, BAL - L, JAX - W = 10-6
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame
 
Jackie Chiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 31
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Amazing that he doesn't know we run a 4-3

And no mention of Mitchell? Didn't hear Kubiak's post-draft presser?

I'm actually surprised he has us so high. Not the norm for him. We didn't take any of his projected picks
Also said Jackson was the 19th overall selection. No idea why he is talking 3-4. He actually had us as one of the top 5 drafts last year so he has been kind recently.

Insert obligatory these grades are meaningless rant here.
__________________
"If the bra don't fit, you must acquit"
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 23,423
Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Insert obligatory these grades are meaningless rant here.
Hell no! Kiper is the draft god!
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame
 
painekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: On the West Belt
Age: 52
Posts: 2,061
Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Honestly, couldn't care less about what Kiper says.

What is he talking about Sharpton as a 3-4 backer for anyway?
It's his jab, Sharpton is to slow to be a 4-3 WILL, he ran a low 4.8. ( that is more the sheet of a 3-4 LMB). In his scouting report he can not cover because they receiver just run away from him. He is a ST only at the NFL level. He will be the worse of the Texans picks and IMO he does not make the team out of training camp.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame
 
Jackie Chiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston
Age: 31
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
It's his jab, Sharpton is to slow to be a 4-3 WILL, he ran a low 4.8. ( that is more the sheet of a 3-4 LMB). In his scouting report he can not cover because they receiver just run away from him. He is a ST only at the NFL level. He will be the worse of the Texans picks and IMO he does not make the team out of training camp.
Everything I've read had him in the low 4.7s which isn't top notch by any means but its just as good if not a bit faster than Diles coming out. LB is more about instincts anyway and they obviously like Sharpton's. Anything is possible but I would bet my bottom dollar he makes the team.
__________________
"If the bra don't fit, you must acquit"
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 23,423
Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Everything I've read had him in the low 4.7s which isn't top notch by any means but its just as good if not a bit faster than Diles coming out. LB is more about instincts anyway and they obviously like Sharpton's. Anything is possible but I would bet my bottom dollar he makes the team.
Agree. I think he is an immediate upgrade over Thompson, who has not contributed the last two years
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #9
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast
 
Mike Kerns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: West Houston
Section: My Living Room
Age: 36
Posts: 2,645
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Is Mayock's grades out yet? He is the only one whose opinion I really take to heart.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st
 
Heath Shuler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Section: 521
Age: 46
Posts: 3,138
Rep Power: 68219 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Rick Gosselin's grade fwiw


http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3f4b050.html
Quote:


HOUSTON TEXANS GRADE: C



Jackson was the most physical cornerback in the draft, and Tate was the last of the four top-shelf running backs available. That was a definite need pick. Dickerson and Graham offer similar skills at the H-back position.
__________________
I've been obnoxious
I've been unconscious
I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #11
Pocky
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
Rep Power: 5 Pocky is a team player
Default Re: Kiper Grade

ESPN had a draft special about an hour ago; McShay, Edwards, and Kiper were analyzing each team draft and McShay were giving out draft grades.

We received the best grade in the AFCS, getting a B overall. McShay were really hyping up Mitchell and Jackson. Loves Graham as well, thought he should've went higher. Said we got great value with Dickerson in the 7th. However, he thought Tate was a slight reach with our late second pick.

Seems like the media likes our draft every year since Kubiak been on board. Thought we were gonna get roasted for this draft though. Feels good to know talented, well-known analysts giving out good grades and high remarks for our draft yet again.
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,863
Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Nolan Nawrocki:

4 projected starters: A (Outstanding)
3 projected starters: B (Good)
2 projected starters: C (Average)
1 projected starter: D (Questionable)
0 projected starters: F (Poor)

Houston Texans
GM Rick Smith filled some pressing needs with the first three picks, landing two potential starters in Kareem Jackson and Ben Tate with his first two picks, both of whom fit the Texans' schemes perfectly. The team might have reached slightly in the next two rounds, but Earl Mitchell can have an impact as a nickel rusher and Darryl Sharpton value on special teams. Rounds 4-7 brought great upside, as TE Garrett Graham should benefit learning from fellow Wisconsin grad Owen Daniels. Sherrick McManis could provide versatility as a corner/safety. Shelley Smith fits the Texans' run game very well and has swing backup potential. Trindon Holliday could provide a spark in the return game, and Dorin Dickerson, drafted as a receiver, has upside to be groomed. Smith moved down the board several times, acquiring additional picks and landed nine rookies who could fend for roster spots, including three potential starters in the first three rounds. It may not appear flashy, but it was a productive draft, valuing intelligence and character, as he drafted very safely.
Grade: B-plus
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 23,423
Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Nolan Nawrocki:

4 projected starters: A (Outstanding)
3 projected starters: B (Good)
2 projected starters: C (Average)
1 projected starter: D (Questionable)
0 projected starters: F (Poor)

Houston Texans
GM Rick Smith filled some pressing needs with the first three picks, landing two potential starters in Kareem Jackson and Ben Tate with his first two picks, both of whom fit the Texans' schemes perfectly. The team might have reached slightly in the next two rounds, but Earl Mitchell can have an impact as a nickel rusher and Darryl Sharpton value on special teams. Rounds 4-7 brought great upside, as TE Garrett Graham should benefit learning from fellow Wisconsin grad Owen Daniels. Sherrick McManis could provide versatility as a corner/safety. Shelley Smith fits the Texans' run game very well and has swing backup potential. Trindon Holliday could provide a spark in the return game, and Dorin Dickerson, drafted as a receiver, has upside to be groomed. Smith moved down the board several times, acquiring additional picks and landed nine rookies who could fend for roster spots, including three potential starters in the first three rounds. It may not appear flashy, but it was a productive draft, valuing intelligence and character, as he drafted very safely.
Grade: B-plus
Nice find! Thanks, I feel that is a pretty accurate assesment
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,863
Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

By Rob Rang
NFLDraftScout.com


Houston Texas: B-

Many forecasted that the Texans would take a cornerback in the first round to replace free-agent defection Dunta Robinson, but the team surprised by adding Alabama's Kareem Jackson over other highly touted prospects. Jackson is a good fit for Houston's scheme. He possesses similar physicality in coverage and against the run that made Robinson a franchise player. RB Ben Tate (Auburn) gives the club the big back they've been chasing. He possesses enough lateral agility and explosiveness to jump ahead of Steve Slaton as the team's primary ball carrier. Defensive tackle Earl Mitchell (Arizona) was brought in to push former first-round pick Amobi Okoye. The Texans might be worried about Owen Daniels' rehabilitation from a torn ACL, electing to invest in undersized tight ends -- and pass-catching specialists -- Garrett Graham and Dorin Dickerson after picking James Casey last year.


...not sure how relevant this guy is?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,863
Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Rd 1, Pick 20 (20) Jackson, Kareem CB
Rd 2, Pick 26 (58) Tate, Ben RB
Rd 3, Pick 17 (81) Mitchell, Earl DT
Rd 4, Pick 4 (102) Sharpton, Darryl LB
Rd 4, Pick 20 (118) Graham, Garrett TE
Rd 5, Pick 13 (144) McManis, Sherrick CB
Rd 6, Pick 18 (187) Smith, Shelley OG
Rd 6, Pick 28 (197) Holliday, Trindon KR
Rd 7, Pick 20 (227) Dickerson, Dorin TE

Team Needs: RB, CB, DT, FS, OLB

GRADE: A

Analysis: With the exception of finding a safety, the Texans filled all their needs, plus got tremendous value by landing tight end Dickerson in the final round who could become a very good receiver in the future. -- Daniel Wolf/Bleacher Report

fwiw
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,863
Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicts that Texans second-round pick Ben Tate will contend for Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

On NFLN's post-draft show Sunday night, Lombardi predicted that Tate will flirt with 1,500 yards. Lombardi had more to say about Tate in his Monday morning National Football Post column, calling the former Auburn Tiger "the right back for the Texans' system" in that "He has an ability to hit the hole with a burst and is a one-cut runner." The team won't count on anything from Steve Slaton (cervical fusion), leaving Tate with big-time statistical potential.
Source: National Football Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...172345&id=5742
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,497
Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicts that Texans second-round pick Ben Tate will contend for Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

On NFLN's post-draft show Sunday night, Lombardi predicted that Tate will flirt with 1,500 yards. Lombardi had more to say about Tate in his Monday morning National Football Post column, calling the former Auburn Tiger "the right back for the Texans' system" in that "He has an ability to hit the hole with a burst and is a one-cut runner." The team won't count on anything from Steve Slaton (cervical fusion), leaving Tate with big-time statistical potential.
Source: National Football Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...172345&id=5742
I wonder how many local fantasy leagues select Tate in the early rounds this coming season?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 35,647
Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Rd 1, Pick 20 (20) Jackson, Kareem CB
Rd 2, Pick 26 (58) Tate, Ben RB
Rd 3, Pick 17 (81) Mitchell, Earl DT
Rd 4, Pick 4 (102) Sharpton, Darryl LB
Rd 4, Pick 20 (118) Graham, Garrett TE
Rd 5, Pick 13 (144) McManis, Sherrick CB
Rd 6, Pick 18 (187) Smith, Shelley OG
Rd 6, Pick 28 (197) Holliday, Trindon KR
Rd 7, Pick 20 (227) Dickerson, Dorin TE

Team Needs: RB, CB, DT, FS, OLB

GRADE: A

Analysis: With the exception of finding a safety, the Texans filled all their needs, plus got tremendous value by landing tight end Dickerson in the final round who could become a very good receiver in the future. -- Daniel Wolf/Bleacher Report

fwiw
I wonder how much this will change, if Sharpton eventually wins the WILL spot.

Don't get me wrong, I like Diles... I just think we have room for improvement, for a true WILL.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #19
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,317
Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
On NFLN's post-draft show Sunday night, Lombardi predicted that Tate will flirt with 1,500 yards.
Only 5 rookie RBs have eclipsed 1500 yards in a season. One of them, Clinton Portis, did so in a Kubiak offense. So there.
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 31
Posts: 15,776
Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Only 5 rookie RBs have eclipsed 1500 yards in a season. One of them, Clinton Portis, did so in a Kubiak offense. So there.
Portis was drafted round 2, overall pick 51.
Texans drafted tate round 2, overall pick 58.

Interestingly, Gerhart was chosen at 51.


When the Broncos selected Portis, they started a chain reaction that lead to the drafting of 2 other highly regarded RBs. Maurice Morris and Ladell bets were selected in the next few picks.

Similarly, when the Vikings selected Gerhart, it set off a chain reaction that resulted in the Texans and Browns quickly drafting the remaining highly regarded running backs: Tate and Hardesty.

Interesting.

Did we make t he right move?

Freaky
__________________
Drinking the kool aid
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger