Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2010   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WTF picks !!!

-why did we get two tight ends when we got two te last year????

- LB ok yeah not a strong need

- a guard or depth in guard is like 7 players our depth in tackles is like 3 players yeah we should have went tackle ESP when our divison beefed up it's de and dt

we needed IMO a FS a Fb and maybe another QB prospect
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: WTF picks !!!

Today was an epic fail
how many TEs do they need?
Isn't that 5 or 6 in 3 years

but at least we got a bunch of eagle scouts
I guess I am not smart enough to comprehend their way of thinking

if they have troubles in their interior line or at FS
Rick and Gary need to go away forever
embarassing 3rd day
Old 04-24-2010   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
Bingo.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

one TE is going to be a WR per kubiak
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Dickerson is going to play WR not TE. With his size speed combination he looks like a serious weapon out of the slot.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
Do you ever not *****? You are such a complainer.

I feel better knowing SH is not happy.

EXCELLENT DRAFT SMITHIAK!!!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2010   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The best teams are built by drafting BPA's more often than need players. Andre Johnson is a good example of that.

Evaluating the draft as soon as it's over is almost an exercise in futility (if not for truly entertaining WTF picks like Oakland does most years). Our frame of reference comes from sports media, and we mistake them for gurus who speak universal truth, when in reality they don't intimately understand the needs or philosophies of scouts and GM's of each team, or when those teams can risk taking a BPA.

Until game day, there's little room for criticism of any of these picks. And if you don't believe me, I'll have Connor Barwin come over there and break your ribs.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #9
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
-why did we get two tight ends when we got two te last year????

- LB ok yeah not a strong need

- a guard or depth in guard is like 7 players our depth in tackles is like 3 players yeah we should have went tackle ESP when our divison beefed up it's de and dt

we needed IMO a FS a Fb and maybe another QB prospect
I've said it before and I will say it again that I want Jarrett Brown from WVU as a QB
Old 04-24-2010   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
2 lol's in 5 posts. good stuff guys!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked our picks across the board. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius and got some good feedback, sounds like our 2nd CB is really a pro FS and one of our TE's is a WR. I question a 5-5 returner though. He's gonna get hurt out there with the big boys.
Old 04-24-2010   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I liked our picks across the board. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius and got some good feedback, sounds like our 2nd CB is really a pro FS and one of our TE's is a WR. I question a 5-5 returner though. He's gonna get hurt out there with the big boys.
Yes, no, and maybe.

Yes: Dickerson is a receiver

No: Kubiak said the 2nd corner is going to be a corner, not a safety. They seem very confident in Wilson and Barber.

Maybe: Holliday does not have a history of injuries at all. Some people are just tough, it happens.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 233844 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
How about 3-4 HEALTHY ones

GP summed it up best
Quote:
OD - coming off major surgery
Dreesen - coming of shoulder surgery
Hill - coming of major injury, basically a rookie
Casey - filled in averagely last year, not spectacular

Thats not a strength for our team
I see the Graham pick as insurance in case one or more of the three guys coming off surgery don't come back at 100%.
Since Kubiak said he'd be a WR, I see Dickerson as a big red zone target.

so there's method to the madness if, as a wise man said earlier today, you slow down and think about it
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #14
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I was kind of pissed after the draft, especially with the TE selection. But after I thought about it, I was pissed off after last year's draft too. I mean, who in the hell were Glover Quin and Brice McCain? Turns out, Smithiak knows a lot more about what they are doing than any of us realize.
Old 04-24-2010   #15
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
For the most part I agree with you. After the 2nd round this whole draft was a WTF!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

ill tell ya one wtf pick i was hoping for.

I was kinda hoping we would end up having Clauson, Tebow, or McCoy fall to us in the second or third.. and grabbing one of them.

I know it seems totally idiotic but I think we could use a real rookie backup QB that we could begin grooming to take over for Schaub some day. And if that QB happens to develop quick and gets a little playtime and wows the league.. we could be looking at a nice trade down the road.

I dont want to see us in another he who shall not be named situation where we have to throw a rookie to the wolves and hope it all turns out alright.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #17
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
ill tell ya one wtf pick i was hoping for.

I was kinda hoping we would end up having Clauson, Tebow, or McCoy fall to us in the second or third.. and grabbing one of them.

I know it seems totally idiotic but I think we could use a real rookie backup QB that we could begin grooming to take over for Schaub some day. And if that QB happens to develop quick and gets a little playtime and wows the league.. we could be looking at a nice trade down the road.

I dont want to see us in another he who shall not be named situation where we have to throw a rookie to the wolves and hope it all turns out alright.
I'm not convinced that Schaub is old enough for us to worry about that--yet--but otherwise, I agree. One season's warning, maybe two, before he retires would be a nice thing for him to give us.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about your hatred for all things Texans. While I don't like the two TE selections, the rest of the draft was good..
Old 04-24-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Do you ever not *****? You are such a complainer.

I feel better knowing SH is not happy.

EXCELLENT DRAFT SMITHIAK!!!
Nice!!!

Yeah, SH reminds me of that whiney snotty kid in elementary school...
Old 04-24-2010   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about your hatred for all things Texans. While I don't like the two TE selections, the rest of the draft was good..
Dickerson had a 7.7 grade , everbody around him was a 2.0 or 3.1 .

He can be another big WR in the mold the Saints guy that was drafted in the 7th . Anyways the dude is big and fast so he'll create matchup nightmares ... like AJ . If he's coachable , he'll bump JJ and Walter cause he's the best of both .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read