Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2010   #1
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How to survive draft day as a Texans fan.

1.) Understand what the current Texans FO and coaches want from each position.
Generally speaking they...
a. Like leaders and captains

b. Like versatility

c. Like big conference guys early .

d. Like quickness over speed .

e. prefer athletes over size on all levels of both sides of the ball

f. like guys who have played a lot/experience.

2.) Understand what value the Texans FO and coaches attach to each position.

3.) Understand that the Texans have one of the largest, if not the largest Scouting team in the NFL. i.e. they know more about these players than you know about your children (especially your teenagers).

4.) Relax, it only counts once they get on the field and we actually see how they fit on this team and into our gameplans.

5.) Remember, most draft picks are journeyman at best, busts are common place, and this FO has got a fairly solid record over the past few years.

6.) Don't expect the media to show any coverage of the Texans or their picks.

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 04-24-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added others good ideas.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to survive draft day as a Texans fan.

What do you mean?! I've watched a ton of youtube videos on these guys and read a bunch of draft websites! You're telling me I'm not a draft genius? Bah!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That's key, and was the impetus behind my other thread. I don't think the fan base has any real sense of what they want from each position because they have kind of gone about things in avery haphazard way. And where they have been consistent, it hasn't produced on the field. I mean, you can keep drafting 3 techs all day for the DL, but if we keep having one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL, at some point, I'm thinking maybe they're going about it all wrong, especially when there are 31 other teams to look at to see how else it can be done.
Old 04-24-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, your post is on the money too.

The team has gotten better and better each year, not sure I'm writing off the blue print yet.
Old 04-24-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

6. Just be prepared that they will draft a TE regardless of other more important needs.
Old 04-24-2010   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Just drink a lot .... and post in the drunk thread.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those things that reveal itself in time . I do think the Texans use a certain criteria for their guys .

1. Like leaders and captains

2. Like versatility

3. Like big conference guys early .

4. Like quickness over speed .

5. Like TE's and CBS .
Old 04-24-2010   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This is one of those things that reveal itself in time . I do think the Texans use a certain criteria for their guys .

2. Like versatility

5. Like TE's and CBS .
I would add they prefer athletes over size on all levels of both sides of the ball
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:

2. Like versatility

5. Like TE's and CBS .
I would add they like guys who have played a lot/experience.
Old 04-24-2010   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I would add prefer athletes over size on all levels of both sides of the ball
True.
Old 04-24-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How the hell can we get decent TV coverage? Every time we have a pick the bastards go to commercial. I have seen absolutely ZERO coverage of teh Texans.
Old 04-24-2010   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
How the hell can we get decent TV coverage? Every time we have a pick the bastards go to commercial. I have seen absolutely ZERO coverage of teh Texans.
Yep ... I've noticed that to .
Old 04-24-2010   #13
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep ... I've noticed that to .
Same here, its a conspiracy i tell ya c-o-n spiracy!
Old 04-24-2010   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I have switche to ESPiN for now to see how they do.......can't believe I even changed the channel.
Old 04-24-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have switche to ESPiN for now to see how they do.......can't believe I even changed the channel.
You won't be pleased, they do it too.

TV people hate the Texans. I guess that is what we get for being youngest in the family.
Old 04-24-2010   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We've graduated from picking people they blast off on to picking people they just don't care about or think will perform well enough to talk about. It's a step forward.
Old 04-24-2010   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Generally speaking they...
a. Like leaders and captains

b. Like versatility

c. Like big conference guys early .

d. Like quickness over speed .

e. prefer athletes over size on all levels of both sides of the ball

f. like guys who have played a lot/experience.

2.) Understand what value the Texans FO and coaches attach to each position.

3.) Understand that the Texans have one of the largest, if not the largest Scouting team in the NFL. i.e. they know more about these players than you know about your children (especially your teenagers).

4.) Relax, it only counts once they get on the field and we actually see how they fit on this team and into our gameplans.

5.) Remember, most draft picks are journeyman at best, busts are common place, and this FO has got a fairly solid record over the past few years.

6.) Don't expect the media to show any coverage of the Texans or their picks.

#7. Always remember that a #6 TE is more important than starting Offensive Linemen which will now be a need in next years draft as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
It's going to be hard for them when the Texans are in the Super Bowl and they refuse to show any plays that involve them.
Old 04-24-2010   #19
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
#7. Always remember that a #6 TE is more important than starting Offensive Linemen which will now be a need in next years draft as well.
Shelley Smith can start this year.

OL is sorted.

Brown, S. Smith, Caldwell, Briesel, Winston

Myers, Butler, W. Smith, Studdard in reserve.

I can live with that.
Old 04-24-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I survie by drinking a lot. So kiss my ass.

I like this draft. A coupe of misses, some hits, it's averages out to be just fine by me. but then Im drunk. LOL

I dam sure like the quick dude from the 6th round who'll make athoudand touchdomws for us this year.

Pardon the spelling. It's difficult tospell when you are on your 3rd 6th pack. LOL

edit. there are far to many sticky treadys. this shouild be illegal

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read