Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-24-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First Round Ratings (for ESPN) Up 23% Over 2009's Ratings

Moving the draft to primetime was a success, at least for ESPN's ratings.

Quote:
NEW YORK -- The ratings for ESPN's first NFL draft in prime time were up 23 percent from last year.

The cable network says it had a 5.3 rating and 7.2 million viewers for the first round of the draft held Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall. It's the most-viewed first round in the network's 31-year history.

Coverage of last year's draft started at 4 p.m. ET on a Saturday and had a 4.3 rating.

ESPN says the draft ranked as the fifth most-watched cable program of the year. The highest-rated markets were Jacksonville, Fla., (10.9) and New Orleans (10.8).
Old 04-27-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Round Ratings (for ESPN) Up 23% Over 2009's Ratings

I think they went up because it was new. Otherwise, my wife was really pissed I stayed in front of the TV for hours 3 days in a row. She's cool though. She knew it was going to be like that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually liked it this way. I felt it gave teams more time to prepare for the 2nd round, which is very important
Old 04-27-2010   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I actually liked it this way. I felt it gave teams more time to prepare for the 2nd round, which is very important
It certainly seemed like there were more trades this year than in previous years. Especially trades involving players which made it a bit more interesting than usual. I honestly thought I'd hate the format, but it turns out that I really liked it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Hate the new format from a party perspective, rather party all day Saturday and then lay on the couch and recover and watch day 2.

I think it works out better for the teams and for the league making $$$ though. A weekend :30 spot on TV is nothing compared to Thursday night primetime, and you can bet with the ratings increasing the advertising dollars are just going to keep going up and up.

Anybody catch Goodell saying they may move day 3 around to different cities every year? What do you think about that idea?
Old 04-27-2010   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I thought I would hate the new format I really liked it. I worked all day on Thursday and I got home in time for the beginning. Since I was at work I did not think about the draft until my drive home. At the end of the first round(which was at a good pace) I was hungry and ready for more. Friday i worked but took off around 3 ish and was home in plenty of time for round 2.Again, working all day kept me from longing for the draft all day. At the end of round 3 I was ready for round 4. On Saturday it started at a good time(not too early and not too late). Plus it gave me all of Sunday to catchup on other chores. So, all in all I loved the new format!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

lol at jacksonville having the best market for the ratings this year. So alot of people were saying "WTF" during their picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read