Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What scenario do you want?
Texans re-sign Tony Banks 34 40.00%
Texans make Dave Ragone and BJ Symons #2 and #3 42 49.41%
Texans pursue a veteran QB to mentor Carr 6 7.06%
Draft another quarterback early (2nd-3rd round) 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Tony Banks

So what is everyone's feelings about Tony?

Do you want to see him come back again and backup David? Or do you feel that we should see what the Ragone/B.J. duo can do in the #2/#3 positions. Or do you feel that the Texans should pursue a veteran FA QB?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Banks will be back. I haven't seen where he's even visited another team. I think Ragone & Symons will get the opportunity to compete for the backup spot. And I think Carr is past the point of needing a mentor. I also think the Texans will draft another QB at some point (just not on the 1st day). Should be some heated competition for the QB spots in training camp. Can't wait.
Old 03-08-2005   #3
Rosusu
All Pro

I rather have Ragone and BJ as our backups, cheaper and younger. Ragone may be trade bait if he does well in NFLE or he shows what he can do if he gets a chance to play this year.
Old 03-08-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i'm pretty sure banks will be back next season, noone is gonna want him as a starter, and work is better than no work at all, plus he always did a good job filling in for carr when he had to !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Banks doesn't have much of a shot to become a starter with guys like Warner and Fiedler out there. They're not top-flight, but they're a heck of a lot better than him as far as veteran FA choices go.

He'll be back. But if not (and if we can't steal a better quality backup), it's dangerous. Ragone has yet to show any talent in a real game situation, so it's risky to just assume that he's got NFL skills EVEN if he has a good season in Europe. Counting Symons as an option is like counting on Joppru--it ain't happened yet...but it might.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #6
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I don't think you are giving Tony Banks enough credit. He can still start in this league, that is what makes him such a great back up. You don't need young unproven guys at back up QB.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah i agree, young back ups will do us no good if they come in and cant help us win games and are unproven ! kinda like ragone in 2003
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2005   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm thinking Banks will be back with the Texans next season. He wants a starting job, but he's not going to get one this season. Brad Johnson is still out looking for work so is Jeff Garcia and Brees might be traded, and now that Arizona signed Warner there aren't many openings left.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting to see the poll results so far...I thought more people would like to see Tony back in Steel Blue.
Old 03-09-2005   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anyones unhappy with what Banks has done here and I don't think anyone wants to see him go simply to be rid of him ala Matt Stevens. I just think that we always kind of knew that at some point Banks would either move on for a chance to start or the Texans would groom some youngsters who would displace him.

And I tend to agree with O/T about Banks being able to start in this league. I don't think he's going to light the NFL on fire or anything but if Jay Fiedler can keep a starting job as long as he did then somewhere someone would be better of giving Tony Banks a shot than starting whatever they've got.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #11
Anishin
Rookie

I do like Tony, but his fumbling make me nervous. I really do believe Ragone has quite a bit of talent, I'm hoping he will get the #2 spot, and we'll keep him for years to come.
Anishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

Can you believe Banks feels he can start in this league still?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #13
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. As long as Kyle Boller and some of those retreads in Chicago and Arizona can continue to get starting jobs (even for a few weeks!), Tony Banks will continue to believe he can start. It's a little silly, but I can see him thinking that way.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well emmitt still believed he could be a starter in this league until he JUST retired !!!
Old 03-17-2005   #15
Jakebrake
Rookie

in case you havent figured it out, banks isnt getting resigned. As I so accurately predicted
Jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005   #16
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

I think the Texans can live without Banks.
Old 03-17-2005   #17
Rosusu
All Pro

I think the fact that we have 2 other able backups makes Banks easier to let go. He cost more than the other guys and we want to see what they can do.
Old 03-17-2005   #18
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
I think the fact that we have 2 other able backups makes Banks easier to let go. He cost more than the other guys and we want to see what they can do.
Yes we do. Ragone and Symons should get their chances.
Old 03-17-2005   #19
TEXANS84

HPF's boards are reporting per am790 that Banks has re-signed.
Old 03-17-2005   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebrake
in case you havent figured it out, banks isnt getting resigned. As I so accurately predicted

I stand in awe of your prognasticating abilities.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read