Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-23-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McDaniels and Tebow: Can anyone sort this out for me?

Having a REALLY hard time understanding why the Broncos traded DOWN then traded UP only to get Tebow at the end of it. I know they sent some picks away, in order to trade UP to get Tebow.

But what was the net gain after the dust settles on the traded picks and the acquisition of Tebow? Did McDaniels actually LOSE picks to get Tebow, when he could have drafted him at the Bronco's original slot?

I am too tired to do the research. Anyone here able to sort this out?

It seems very stoopid of McDaniels. At first, I thought he was stockpiling draft picks since he's gonna' need all he can get his hands on. Then he trades UP just to get a guy who is iffy at BEST.

:completelybaffled:
Old 04-23-2010   #2
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McDaniels and Tebow: Can anyone sort this out for me?

McDaniels is sexually attracted to Tebow. I can't really think of any other reason why he would do that. Even Al was probably laughing his ass off.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #3
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

McDaniels has gone mad! the thin air in denver has josh all loopy!
or maybe josh plays with florida on ncaa football 10!
Old 04-23-2010   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
McDaniels is sexually attracted to Tebow. I can't really think of any other reason why he would do that. Even Al was probably laughing his ass off.
Al is only laughing his ass of becasue he figured it was Thursday...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #5
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

McDaniels is high on players with leadership and character, and Tim Tebow certainly fits that bill. Tebow gives McDaniels a dynamic player, who with intensive coaching and time, might fare better then previous Florida QBs. Bernie Kosar was criticized and he fared well in the NFL so just wait and see what happens...

Rooting for Tebow to do well but I don't agree with using a first round pick on him.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Denver traded all over the place. They ended up giving up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to move back up for Tebow, but still have three more Day 2 picks.

Waste of picks, IMO.
Old 04-23-2010   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

McDaniels thinks nothing like BB and will run the Broncos into the ground, which Bowlen will more then likely sell the team. Im not a ND fan, but I would be pissed right now to be a Bronco fan and pass on Clausen. I think that McDaniels is some how Al Davis incarnate. I also wonder with this pick how long it will take Weaver to move his franchise to LA?
Old 04-23-2010   #8
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
McDaniels thinks nothing like BB and will run the Broncos into the ground, which Bowlen will more then likely sell the team. Im not a ND fan, but I would be pissed right now to be a Bronco fan and pass on Clausen. I think that McDaniels is some how Al Davis incarnate. I also wonder with this pick how long it will take Weaver to move his franchise to LA?
Now when you say McD is an incarnation of Al Davis, do you mean Al in his golden days or the current Al we all know and love? If it's the old Al... .

And concerning the LA franchise situation, from what I've read nothing will happen until that CBA or whatever its called is taken care of, so the Jags will stay in Jacksonville for at least one more year. Would rather have the Rams move back here, and it would be amazing if the Lions somehow moved here...but I have a better chance of Al handing over the Raiders to me than that happening. Oh well, I can still dream...
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't sort anything out, but, somewhere along the line ya just gotta have faith in instincts. My instincts tell me Tim Tebow will be the next Payton Manning! A couple years of good coaching and the boy will be unstoppable. WHY? Cause he's the complete package!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Tim's got a good agent and scared the teams into thinking he was gonna be taken soon. Case closed.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The power of prayer?

In all seriousness, Tebow reminds of VY. People weren't surprised when VY went #3, ahead of Leinart, so why are people surprised that Tebow went in the 1st ahead of Clausen? He's got the "intangibles" and he's a helluva lot smarter than VY (which isn't saying much)
Old 04-23-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Que dramatic football music:

Quote:
I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.

~ Tim Tebow
Old 04-23-2010   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling Tebow is going to implode like VY did when he starts losing. Guys like him don't know how to take losses not personally.
Old 04-23-2010   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if he is going to put Denver in a triple option. He did run out fo the Wildcat a few times last year, and the WR they took out of GT fits that bill along with Tebow, just spell out some kind of funky offense coming their way.

Last edited by hookinreds; 04-23-2010 at 10:10 AM.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be watching the Broncos this year, I am extremely intrigued to see how this all goes down.
Old 04-23-2010   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Can't sort anything out, but, somewhere along the line ya just gotta have faith in instincts. My instincts tell me Tim Tebow will be the next Payton Manning! A couple years of good coaching and the boy will be unstoppable. WHY? Cause he's the complete package!! JMO!!
There won't ever be another Peyton Manning.

I do agree, I believe Tebow will be an exceptional player, and a star in this league.

But I'm puzzled with the trade for Quinn. With Tebow in the wings, McD has to make Orton the man, and Quinn the back up. & he's got to win with Orton.

So he isn't going to be developing Quinn. It just wouldn't make sense.

I can't imagine anyone would give him anything for Quinn, unless he packages him on day 2 for extra picks. Buffalo maybe?
Old 04-23-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows... Maybe Denver is going to bend Jacksonville over and trade Tebow away.
Old 04-23-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really have a problem with Tebow. He seems like a great guy and is driven to win. His goody-goodiness can become tiresome at times, but I still like him and have been following him since he was in HS. However, I think his chances of becoming a starter in the NFL's at least a season or two away. Supposedly the Bills were posturing for a trade up too, but the Broncos beat them to the punch.

I just think a lot of quality players were given up by the Broncos for a project QB. Crazy!
Old 04-23-2010   #20
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Now when you say McD is an incarnation of Al Davis, do you mean Al in his golden days or the current Al we all know and love? If it's the old Al... .
mcdaniels definitely seems like al davis in that he's going to do things his way and that way is to forcefully take the road less traveled. i'm referring to the guy that took a punter in the first round and hired john madden and gave bo jackson full time money. al got away with it and even had great success by finding obscure gems (such as the only kicker/punter in the HOF), but obviously that style doesnt work in today's information age. as a coach, mcdaniels is probably at worst "solid" ... but without someone like belichick or parcells keeping him in line, he's going to drive that team into the ground.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read