Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-22-2010   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kareem Jackson CB Alabama - 1st round pick

Texans adresss CB first
Old 04-22-2010   #2
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson CB Alabama - 1st round pick

Who??????? Why not Kyle Wilson?
Old 04-22-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem Jackson Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths:
Good size and body frame
Three-year starter
Smooth athlete with nice change of direction
Comfortable in press and off-man
Mirrors receivers well
Above average speed
Underrated ball skills
Terrific at anticipating short routes
Smart and instinctive
Fluid hips
Very confident
Competitive and fearless
Very well coached
Displays great awareness of route recognition
Polished and does the little things
Tough in red zone

Weaknesses:
Struggles to get off blocks
Not a very physical hitter
Only two interceptions as a sophomore and junior
Somewhat inconsistent
Gets a little lazy with tackling technique
Needs to use hands better at the line of scrimmage

Summary: Jackson is a talented prospect with the tape to back him up, but he doesn't have first-round tape and is a liability against the run. Jackson has an impressive skill set overall and will be drafted anywhere from late first round to late second round.

Player Comparison: Marcus Trufant. Jackson isn't as consistent as Trufant, but he does have the skill set to be a very good corner.

LINK
Old 04-22-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88277 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pick. I guess they had him rated higher than Wilson and McCourty
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Solid enough pick. I had Wilson rated a bit higher, but Jackson over McCourty. I will take this pick. I give it a solid B.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of don't like this pick :/
Old 04-22-2010   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Believe we picked Jackson over Wilson because of the conference he played in.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2010   #8
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

as mention in the draft thread - proven player at the highest level in college, safe solid pick. i like it.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans know more than we do, they employ and pay an entire scouting department to sit around and evaluate these guys.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take you guy's word for it. I have no idea who he is (I'm not a big college ball guy, so I don't know who the prospects are). Hopefully he'll be solid contributor right off the bat and live up to being a 1st round pick.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #11
Pocky
Rookie

I don't know much about this CB, but LZ was talking him up acouple days before the draft. I'm just glad we didn't draft a P-Burnt clone in Kyle Wilson.
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #12
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackson on 610 right now.

Said he talked to the Texans at the combine but was still surprised they drafted him. looks forward to coming in and working hard and doing anything for the organization. sounded confident.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34538 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can say... A very very safe pick.. Not A lot of upside but he is pro-ready.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Our previous pick for a defensive player from Alabama turned out okay.
Old 04-22-2010   #15
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Believe we picked Jackson over Wilson because of the conference he played in.
I agree he is from the AFC South of College football..solid pick.

I wonder if we can trade up and get Wilson....hmmmmm
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #16
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
The Texans know more than we do, they employ and pay an entire scouting department to sit around and evaluate these guys.
Word. Hopefully we can strike gold by drafting another defensive player from Bama...we all remember what happened with the last one.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Our previous pick for a defensive player from Alabama turned out okay.
the offensive one hasn't been total suck either.
Old 04-22-2010   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Where can I buy my Kareem Jackson jersey! Bleeding Crimson Tide red has got to be good for spurning NFL defensive players.

Welcome to Houston, Kareem!
Old 04-22-2010   #19
Pocky
Rookie

Oh, and I love the guy's name.

I can just imagine the opening game now, "Kareeeem the Dreeeeam with another inception against Peyton Manning, sealing the gam in last two-minutes of regulation!"
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think with Jackson, Quin and Pollard we have the most physical secondary in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read