Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans flag

playa465

Veteran
How many of you would be interested in one of these:

It's 51" x 24", made of nylon type material and would cost $37 shipped. I will put this on the 2 major boards, 20 available. If interested it would be via paypal only.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
How many of you would be interested in one of these:

It's 51" x 24", made of nylon type material and would cost $37 shipped. I will put this on the 2 major boards, 20 available. If interested it would be via paypal only.
Be careful and expect a letter from the Texans telling you to stop. That's what happened last time someone made flags like these.

ensign_lee

Rookie
ME! I WANT ONE! MAYBE 2!

(grumble grumble, lost the ones the texans gave me, grumble grumble).

Just send me the paypal address and you'll have your money.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Do you know why? This looks like a great flag and I've got one coming to me soon.
I'm not an IP attorney - but it's either a copyright violation or a trademark infringement.

The NFL is very picky about unauthorized people making $ using things like NFL logos. Licensing is how they make a good amount of change I would imagine.

playa465

Veteran
I'm not an IP attorney - but it's either a copyright violation or a trademark infringement.

The NFL is very picky about unauthorized people making $ using things like NFL logos. Licensing is how they make a good amount of change I would imagine.
As I posted on another site, I asked about this item a while ago. I spoke with 2 different lawyers of both copyright and trademark backgrounds and a customs agent. As long as this is not being presented as the original or claiming it as a licensed NFL product its ok.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
As I posted on another site, I asked about this item a while ago. I spoke with 2 different lawyers of both copyright and trademark backgrounds and a customs agent. As long as this is not being presented as the original or claiming it as a licensed NFL product its ok.
I'm just relaying what happened to the last person who made flags just like this, I'm sure many fans will be happy getting them from you as they are VERY hard to come by.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Me too Joe, and I didn't try to sell my extra one. I GAVE it away to a diehard TEXAN fan!! I guess I'm pretty dumb. Never crossed my mind to try to make money off it.
Don't you remember when they hit Ebay for a ridiculously high price? :-P

The flags are why some seats are in my name and some are in my wife's. Sadly since we've gotten some extra binders and 2 aprons, lol.

disaacks3

Staff member
The "advice" you were given doesn't jive with the NFL trademark agreement stipulations.
Link
If you were making these for your own personal use, it's one thing, SELLING them to the public is another. Don't get me wrong, I'd personally LOVE one, but the legalities of it (as this isn't a protected parody) seem fairly straightforward.

playa465

Veteran
The "advice" you were given doesn't jive with the NFL trademark agreement stipulations.
Link
If you were making these for your own personal use, it's one thing, SELLING them to the public is another. Don't get me wrong, I'd personally LOVE one, but the legalities of it (as this isn't a protected parody) seem fairly straightforward.
No problem...the link you list refers to the website (ex: getting an image of nfl.com and using it)...I trust the individuals who I consulted...Thanks...also there are only 2 left

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
The NFL is very protective of their logos especially if they suspect that you are making money off of their property. A few years ago I received a cease and desist letter from an NFL attorney because I had the Texans logo displayed on this site. That's one reason why we came up with our own Texans mascot as seen above opposed to using the Texans logo. Their main issue with me was I was linking to a NFL store that was not the official Texans store. The truth of the matter is it is up to the team. If they don't like something they contact the NFL and then sic the NFL on that person. Some teams like the Panthers for example won't let anyone use anything related to the Panthers on a website, etc. The Texans tend to be OK with us using pictures of players, etc as long as we are not making money which I never have with this site. Selling merchandise, especially not licensed by the NFL will definitely stir them up. I won't be surprised if I receive a cease and desist letter about this because you are using this site to promote your product. BTW, they do monitor this site. I know that for a fact.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I was in the Texans store at Reliant on draft day, and they sell the flags in the store. No, I didn't notice the price, because I have one.
No they do not. They always have them on the walls in the store and concessions stands but it's never for sale. They're merely display pieces. I ask every time I walk in there. I've been looking for one for a long time.

Maybe they finally got the message and now are selling them in 2010?

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
They did used to carry 'I'm a Texan' flags - folded up in tiny plastic containers hanging on the pillar with dog leashes and key chains but that was a few years ago.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Flag received. Thanks for the surprise in the box! Wow!

33 dollars for you to ship??? Not gonna let you eat all of that.

BullBlitz

Section 331
I have 4 of the originals. Two were from my season ticket packages and two from corporate seats. I'm not going to fly them from a flagpole, so I've never found a use for them.

What would you use these for?