Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-22-2010   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I am the one that wanted a RB in draft last year

Decided I would watch highlights of Ryan Matthews. NOT IMPRESSED In THE LEAST. Doesn't look much better than Chris Brown last year. Upright runner, no moves, no power, Gawd I hope I don't hear his name this year. SICK WE DID NOT PU Thomas Jones or Chester Taylor. Just my opinion.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am the one that wanted a RB in draft last year

Something tells me we aren't going to be done with RBs in this draft.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Decided I would watch highlights of Ryan Matthews. NOT IMPRESSED In THE LEAST. Doesn't look much better than Chris Brown last year. Upright runner, no moves, no power, Gawd I hope I don't hear his name this year. SICK WE DID NOT PU Thomas Jones or Chester Taylor. Just my opinion.
So what RB did you want ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a majority of us wanted a RB somewhere in the draft last year. So, if you get a ribbon, I want one too.
Old 04-22-2010   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So what RB did you want ?
Shonn Greene in the second.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Shonn Greene in the second.
Owen Daniels said yesterday that the player who impressesed him the most in workouts so far is Connor Barwin . What if Barwin becomes a 15 sacks guy ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...gs/TSX/2009_RB

Round Dan
Old 04-22-2010   #7
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year Green in 2nd. Green in 2nd last year we maybe make playoffs. Barwin last year not a factor. Thomas Jones in FA I would feel a whole lot better than I do now, not that Jones is long term, but for this year we would be stronger at the position. With no moves in FA we now are forced to do something early when maybe a better player would be chosen if our need at RB was not so great. Then again maybe we do nothing AGAIN and pick up another FA or late round draft choice. Jones did not get STUPID money like we paid A Green, but I think Texans scared away from Jones because of move they made with Green. Spillar looks like game breaker but long gone before we draft. Gerhart look interesting. You hardly ever hear them talking about motors on RBs, but it sure seems Gerhart has a high motor while Matthews has a slow motor. Just my opinion.
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Owen Daniels said yesterday that the player who impressesed him the most in workouts so far is Connor Barwin . What if Barwin becomes a 15 sacks guy ?

How many times have we heard that about players who disappoint? Barwin was awesome in preseason last year
Old 04-22-2010   #9
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think a majority of us wanted a RB somewhere in the draft last year. So, if you get a ribbon, I want one too.
Will ribbons be handed out next year at this time for those of us who want a CB in this draft?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Will ribbons be handed out next year at this time for those of us who want a CB in this draft?
Possibly, if so, I get one again too
Old 04-22-2010   #11
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Possibly, if so, I get one again too
There could be a major ribbon shortage in the Houston area.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
There could be a major ribbon shortage in the Houston area.
Very true!
Old 04-22-2010   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Based on where we are with Spillar gone I don't want a RB in the first. Gerhart in the 2nd would be nice, but maybe a pipe dream.
Old 04-22-2010   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Question was which RB I liked and when. I was looking for Shonn Greene in the second or Max Unger.

Impressing in workouts is easy. It's what he does on the field that is going to matter. I don't see Barwin as being a 15 sack guy, but if he does turn into one I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-22-2010   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't look much better than Chris Brown? You decided that by just watching a couple highlights? The guy averaged 6.6 yrds a run when opposing defenses were putting eight man fronts. Chris Brown is as slow as molasses. Mathews runs a 4.45 40. The only similarity is that they run upright and that's it.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we don't get three very good prospects first thru 3rd rounds, I'm going to be...
Old 04-22-2010   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
How many times have we heard that about players who disappoint? Barwin was awesome in preseason last year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Question was which RB I liked and when. I was looking for Shonn Greene in the second or Max Unger.

Impressing in workouts is easy. It's what he does on the field that is going to matter. I don't see Barwin as being a 15 sack guy, but if he does turn into one I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I think Barwin will do well because he's got a lot of talent and a motor like Cushing .

RB is one of the easiest places for a rookie to have success while DE is one of the hardest so I think we'll find out if Barwin is the real deal this season .

I would also wager Shonn Greene wouldn't get 300 yards behind our OL . The Jets had the best run blocking OL in the league .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 04-22-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2010   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Quote:
I think Barwin will do well because he's got a lot of talent and a motor like Cushing .

RB is one of the easiest places for a rookie to have success while DE is one of the hardest so I think we'll find out if Barwin is the real deal this season .

I would also wager Shonn Greene wouldn't get 300 yards behind our OL . The Jets had the best run blocking OL in the league .
I like Barwin's motor. The guy is really raw as a football player, but has a ton of athleticism.

I keep hearing how great he is in workouts. Awesome. Hopefully part of his training with boxing and MMA stuff he learns how to use his hands and body leverage in pass rushing. I think he can turn into an effective part time pass rusher. It's just going to come down to the number of snaps he gets this season.

Barwin's a classic early Kubiak pick. Total boom or bust. At least Jones is showing signs finally.

For my money if Arian Foster could look decent the last couple of games behind the line I think Shonn Greene would've been at least equally effective if not more so.
Old 04-23-2010   #19
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem with Sour grapes in April, if he gives the Charges any kind of a running game in September, he'll be worth the picks they sacrificed. At this point I'm hoping they do take Gerhart next. After the Jackson pick, the sooner they bottom out the sooner we can deconstruct the team and start over. Yes Dorthy we are the Oilers Part II. They were due a bad draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read