Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-21-2010   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hottoddie's Final Mock

I'm not giving any reasons why I think the Texan's draft will go this way, because I'm too tired & just want to get my final picks on record. Our 1st pick could come after a trade down or not. Anyway, here ya' go.

1) Devin McCourty (CB)
2) Jonathan Dwyer (RB)
3) Myron Lewis (FS) - Will take Burnett if he should drop this far.
4) Arthur Jones (DT)
5) Shawn Lauvao (OG)
6a) Jamar Wall (CB/Return Man)
6b) David Gettis (WR)
7) Joique Bell (RB) - If he keeps running slow 40's, he could drop this low.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hottoddie's Final Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I'm not giving any reasons why I think the Texan's draft will go this way, because I'm too tired & just want to get my final picks on record. Our 1st pick could come after a trade down or not. Anyway, here ya' go.

1) Devin McCourty (CB)
2) Jonathan Dwyer (RB)
3) Myron Lewis (FS) - Will take Burnett if he should drop this far.
4) Arthur Jones (DT)
5) Shawn Lauvao (OG)
6a) Jamar Wall (CB/Return Man)
6b) David Gettis (WR)
7) Joique Bell (RB) - If he keeps running slow 40's, he could drop this low.
Another person coming around to McCourtry in the first!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Another person coming around to McCourtry in the first!
The kid hits like a ton of bricks. I like him. He reminds me of a young Dunta & that's not half bad.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 04-21-2010   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just me but I'm not sold on Dwyer .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Not just you.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well, I'm sold on him, lock, stock & barrel. Heck, the Texans might shock all of us & take Hardesty in the 2nd.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 04-21-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Well, I'm sold on him, lock, stock & barrel. Heck, the Texans might shock all of us & take Hardesty in the 2nd.
I think it's a lock that they take a DB in round 1 or 2 . I also see a RB taken in the first three rounds so you may be on to something .

I think it's a deep draft for DB's and RB's which is good for the Texans . I don't see a can't miss stud at CB or RB but there's not much drop off from 1 - 7 .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2010   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope , not just you. I dont like him in the second at all .... Much prefer Tate and to some extent Gerhart over Dwyer.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's a lock that they take a DB in round 1 or 2 . I also see a RB taken in the first three rounds so you may be on to something .

I think it's a deep draft for DB's and RB's which is good for the Texans . I don't see a can't miss stud at CB or RB but there's not much drop off from 1 - 7 .
I've come to the same conclusion. Class is deep at both positions but there's no clear cut stud for either position.

I think it's very possible we look for CB in 1-2 and look at another vet CB later. Would really love to get a legit FS prospect.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's two of us. If we were an expansion club scrambling for players because of multiple holes that'd be one thing. But busting out a two on a guy who you have no idea what you're getting until summer camp, that's quite another thing.

I personally think it's foolish.

Quote:
Hits like a ton
I thought that was front sevens job. I thought we were looking for corners who could lock up with the the Reggie Waynes of the football world. And since you so gung ho for the McCourty pick....be bold and post exactly which game you feel he'll be locked and loaded to start for the Texans ? Game one ? Before the bye ? After the Bye ? Inquiring minds wish to know ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read