Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The king of mock drafts puts out his
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...aft/stories/042210dnspogoosemock.3cacf47.html. And with the 20th selection in the 2010 draft, the Houston Texans select:

20. HOUSTON TEXANS

C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson
circlelogo-hou.gif
The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.
Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S
Don't like the pick? Don't fret, as Gosselin hasn't gotten a Texans 1st round pick sice '06. S, don't rush out and order that Spiller jersey just yet.

Has some interesting IMO reaches.

While I like what Spiller would bring to the table, I think Thomas would be a better pick. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I don't see Bulaga falling to 17. I also don't think Miami will take Demaryius Thomas at 12. I could see Seattle taking Mathews over Spiller if they wanted an every down back. Looks like Gosselin is as much in the dark this year as we are. Maybe teams are using him as a smokescreen this year because of his reputation.

The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042210dnspogoosemock.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042210dnspogoosemock.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.

I know he is good, but I am a bit surprised with RG's choice. With Thomas, Spiller, and McCourtey on the board I rank them: Thomas, McCourtey, and Spiller. Spiller is a nice player to have, but he is a part time player. Both Thomas and McCourtry can play every snap on the D side and McCourtey can even help in the special teams game.

I really hope we dont get spiller, I like him but I dont want a running back in the first round. I really want a CB or if we get a saftey I would be very happy with Thomas.

+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???

Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.

Mathews is a textbook ZBS runner and with Gibbs in Seattle, it makes sense for them to take him.

And if we get Spiller tonite, I'll be the happiest man in Hutto, TX.

If Spiller starts to slide down towards us some team will trade up to get him.....

There is no way Spiller slides to 20.

If he did I would be doing the happy dance :splits:

Should the whispers I hear be true on his character, I am not surprised.

Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.

Ah I didnt hear that. I dont get much longhorn news in SA like I did in ATX.

I've got Clausen slipping about that far too on my mock.

I find it weird that Gosselin says that Bryant won't slide to the Cowboys yet he has them drafting him.... weird.

yes he says Jones will trade up for Bryant.

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there

I wouldn't.

I don't see Bulaga falling to 17. I also don't think Miami will take Demaryius Thomas at 12. I could see Seattle taking Mathews over Spiller if they wanted an every down back. Looks like Gosselin is as much in the dark this year as we are. Maybe teams are using him as a smokescreen this year because of his reputation.

Despite his thesis to the contrary, there is a reason Erick Winston is on the right side instead of the left. Bulaga is being picked to death right now because of his arm length. Still say K.C. should take the guy and work out later who plays where. If he falls to thirteen the 49ers are smilin'' all the way to the bank.

Then his mock makes no sense, if he really thinks that the Cowboys trade up, then include trades in his mock. Don't put a player you don't think will be there in a spot he won't be there for. And if you aren't going to do include trades but believe he will be gone before that spot, then have the team take him who would take him before the Cowboys at 27.

Then his mock makes no sense, if he really thinks that the Cowboys trade up, then include trades in his mock. Don't put a player you don't think will be there in a spot he won't be there for. And if you aren't going to do include trades but believe he will be gone before that spot, then have the team take him who would take him before the Cowboys at 27.

i think his ultimate belief with mocks is to project which player is going to what team. i don't think the spot matters that much to him.

Despite his thesis to the contrary, there is a reason Erick Winston is on the right side instead of the left. Bulaga is being picked to death right now because of his arm length. Still say K.C. should take the guy and work out later who plays where. If he falls to thirteen the 49ers are smilin'' all the way to the bank.

his arms are longer than both jake long & joe thomas

Back