Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-22-2010   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock

The king of mock drafts puts out his . And with the 20th selection in the 2010 draft, the Houston Texans select:

Quote:
20. HOUSTON TEXANS

C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson
The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.
Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S
Don't like the pick? Don't fret, as Gosselin hasn't gotten a Texans 1st round pick sice '06. S, don't rush out and order that Spiller jersey just yet.
Old 04-22-2010   #2
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock

Has some interesting IMO reaches.

While I like what Spiller would bring to the table, I think Thomas would be a better pick. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see Bulaga falling to 17. I also don't think Miami will take Demaryius Thomas at 12. I could see Seattle taking Mathews over Spiller if they wanted an every down back. Looks like Gosselin is as much in the dark this year as we are. Maybe teams are using him as a smokescreen this year because of his reputation.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas

The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas

I wouldn't get too angry about Spiller. But I will be shocked if he gets past Seattle at 14.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

No Sergio Kindle?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i like spiller alot but id be crushed if we passed on thomas
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2010   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.
I know he is good, but I am a bit surprised with RG's choice. With Thomas, Spiller, and McCourtey on the board I rank them: Thomas, McCourtey, and Spiller. Spiller is a nice player to have, but he is a part time player. Both Thomas and McCourtry can play every snap on the D side and McCourtey can even help in the special teams game.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we do not take Spiller.
Old 04-22-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I hope we do not take Spiller.
+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???
Should the whispers I hear be true on his character, I am not surprised.
Old 04-22-2010   #12
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope we dont get spiller, I like him but I dont want a running back in the first round. I really want a CB or if we get a saftey I would be very happy with Thomas.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #13
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathews is a textbook ZBS runner and with Gibbs in Seattle, it makes sense for them to take him.

And if we get Spiller tonite, I'll be the happiest man in Hutto, TX.

monkey
Old 04-22-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Spiller starts to slide down towards us some team will trade up to get him.....

There is no way Spiller slides to 20.

If he did I would be doing the happy dance
Old 04-22-2010   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Should the whispers I hear be true on his character, I am not surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.
Ah I didnt hear that. I dont get much longhorn news in SA like I did in ATX.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Ah I didnt hear that. I dont get much longhorn news in SA like I did in ATX.
My whispers are coming from a professional trade. This is the first I have heard of the knee issue as well. Put the two together and it rationalizes a potential fall.
Old 04-22-2010   #18
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got Clausen slipping about that far too on my mock.

I find it weird that Gosselin says that Bryant won't slide to the Cowboys yet he has them drafting him.... weird.
Old 04-22-2010   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yes he says Jones will trade up for Bryant.

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yes he says Jones will trade up for Bryant.

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there
I wouldn't.

monkey

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read