Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-21-2010   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gruden with Earl Thomas

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...mp-earl-thomas

good stuff
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gruden with Earl Thomas

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88827 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Really fun to watch that. Thanks.
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff indeed. Could watch this stuff all day long.

"That guy lookin' at you; you see him Earl?" "Look at him; yeah Earl; you better get your ass goin' Earl; I'll kick your ass man; you better get off the couch man; you better start doin' some liftin'; you gotta get ready to compete, right?"

"We lose a few games, they took the tires off my car. They just kicked me out of the office man. Look at that. They threw me out of the league. They hung my tires over the goal-post and now I dont have a job."

Recommended stuff!
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Texan Front Office,

I will not get mad if you trade up to get this man.

Signed,

El Tejano

Seriously though. When making comparisons about this dude, I don't recall anyone bringing up the fact that he came from a Muskchamp (sp) coached d where persuit to the ball and turnovers are taught.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #6
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Thanks for posting.

I hope the Texans take Thomas if he is on the board when they pick.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Dear Texan Front Office,

I will not get mad if you trade up to get this man.

Signed,

El Tejano

Seriously though. When making comparisons about this dude, I don't recall anyone bringing up the fact that he came from a Muskchamp (sp) coached d where persuit to the ball and turnovers are taught.
Yes Gruden mentioned Muschamp. And I agree with you that is some impressive tape.

And Bob McNair please hire Jon Gruden if Kubiak fails.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2010   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be honest with you, Earl Thomas may be a great football player but he doesn't impress you in the same way a person like Suh does.

I don't know much about the guy but hearing him interact with Gruden didn't make me think this guy could be a leader on our team.
Old 04-22-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'll be honest with you, Earl Thomas may be a great football player but he doesn't impress you in the same way a person like Suh does.

I don't know much about the guy but hearing him interact with Gruden didn't make me think this guy could be a leader on our team.
Ryans, Williams and Cushing are our leaders.

Thomas just needs to come in, work hard, and earn the respect of his teammates.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He doesn't need to be a leader. Just come in work hard and solidify the secondary.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #11
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't mean to hijack the thread but...(posted and now copied over from HT.com board)

Gruden sits down with the Top 4 QBs(McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Clausen), C.J. Spiller and now Earl Thomas. Good mini-series imo. Could watch this all day long. Check it out if you can/want

Earl Thomas:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...mp-earl-thomas

C.J. Spiller:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=511...goryid=2459789

Sam Bradford:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXZXAPSSYg

Colt McCoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouDAeOjrcbM

Jimmy Clausen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55o5Nax6WHc

Tim Tebow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_q2Z7Zg1U
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome vid
Old 04-22-2010   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen Spiller's one.
Old 04-22-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sometimes guys just need to see how you prepare and what you do on the field with that preparation. The part where he said he noticed where the team ran a play twice and he guessed right the second time or the part where he said he practices little things like stripping the ball in practice and then it proves worthy on game day didn't impress you?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

I think he's a good player, but his personality doesn't stand out like some other prospects.
Old 04-22-2010   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't matter much as far as the Texans go. He'll be drafted before the Texans get their pick and they aren't going to trade up to get him. Hopefully he'll go to a good team that can utilize him well in their scheme. Thomas is a great play maker and difference maker.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what was he supposed to say? the first part was good but gruden just randomly ranting about stuff in the last 90 secs was a bit cringeful imo. i felt bad for earl!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I think he's a good player, but his personality doesn't stand out like some other prospects.
Wearing your personality on your sleeve is overrated.

Signed,

Andre Johnson

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read