Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-21-2010   #1
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r
Default Marion Barber in a Texans Uniform?

Interesting to think about! A 5th for Marion the Barbarian?!? HM

I think so...Imagine how hard that dude will run on sept 26th at noon (can't freakin' wait for that game!)

Opinions?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Quote:
MARION BARBER, COWBOYS, RUNNING BACK

Why he might be traded: The Cowboys have two other good running backs in Felix Jones and Tashard Choice. Barber's 2010 compensation of close to $8 million could be prohibitive, however, for some teams.
Where he might be traded: Houston, Cleveland, Seattle.
Likelihood of trade taking place and possible value: 5%, 5th Round.
Old 04-21-2010   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Marion Barber in a Texans Uniform?

I was thinking a 6th.
Old 04-21-2010   #3
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected

"Likelihood of trade taking place and possible value: 5%, 5th Round." eff barber aka the dolphin

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been a productive back and he runs hard - something this team could really use - the one downside is the salary but with this being an uncapped year it means much less than it would in past years. I'd give a 5th for him without thinking twice. Then again its easy tor me to spend Bob's money.

It would sure clear up the draft needs if they could get a solid NFL back .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #5
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected

moats runs just as hard..minus the dolphin kicks after hitting the ground

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #6
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want any ex-cowboy on my team!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I don't want any ex-cowboy on my team!
Jacques Reeves is a Texan still right? Or did I miss something?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2010   #8
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Jacques Reeves is a Texan still right? Or did I miss something?
Yea he is, I know, and thats why we need a CB!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

8 million next year for Barber?? Waste of money even in an uncapped year. Could have had LT or TJ for 5 million over 2 years. The Cowboys will cut him if that money isn't guaranteed or if they can trade him, they have two good RBs on the roster already. If he does get cut, I hope the Texans go after him for depth, but not thinking he will start.
Old 04-21-2010   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Yea he is, I know, and thats why we need a CB!
Ok..just checking. I'm not gonna rag on him. That's a really hard position to master.
Old 04-21-2010   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He's been a productive back and he runs hard - something this team could really use - the one downside is the salary but with this being an uncapped year it means much less than it would in past years. I'd give a 5th for him without thinking twice. Then again its easy tor me to spend Bob's money.

It would sure clear up the draft needs if they could get a solid NFL back .....
He's had some nagging injuries. Toe I think. Maybe leg. All I am sure a product of his running style. He's just a bull. He's almost always going to get caught from behind in the open field but he will roll over guys to get in that open field.

I have to admit I am a bit shocked he's even in the trade talk arena..I was somebody that said he was not a player they would consider trading. I was wrong it seems!

A 5th seems like a bargain to me for him.
Old 04-21-2010   #12
Big Poundcake
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Big Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden coverBig Poundcake could be on the next Madden cover

Sure, I'd take him for a late round pick.
Big Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

it would be like old times for Pollard and Barber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason I would want Barber is not for his running style. Yes he does run over people but sometimes he misses yards because he looks for someone to hit and as a result will run horizontally. Don't get me wrong he would be a good back but the reason I'd take him is for his pass blocking ablility.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a huge fan of Marion Barber.

1. Injuries

2. Dances around too much

3. Can't beat out the other two guys on that roster (wow)

4. He gonna cost some money. We gonna lose a draft pick.

He might be a poor man's Ricky Williams, at best.
Old 04-22-2010   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC Barber ran in a ZBS scheme at Minnesota FWIW
Old 04-22-2010   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We just need a guy that can gain 1 yard at the end zone. Marion Barber fits the bill.

The important question......what would we have to give up for him?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #18
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

If they let him go, I'd be very happy to have him here.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
IIRC Barber ran in a ZBS scheme at Minnesota FWIW
He did. Along with Maroney. I think I'd rather have Maroney, but I'd give up a ~6th for Barber.

It'd be cool for the two brothers to play together as well.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreadx View Post
moats runs just as hard..minus the dolphin kicks after hitting the ground
hilarity!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read