Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sharper to Seattle????

S

shicks3781

Someone on another message board said, "I was listening to sporting news radio.Driving home for work last night when a caller came on from Houston claiming to have a inside source with the Texans and said that Sharper might be traded to the Seahawks." I was just wondering if any of you Texans fans had hear anything about this?

I heard the call last night. Could have been anyone. Seattle has invited Hartwell to talk about a contract though, so they could very well be talking to Sharper.

First ive heard of it. Most of the rumors here have the Texans trading Sharper +13 to Cleveland for #3

I wouldn't put much stock in that Browns rumor. The fans may want it but there is no way the Browns are seriously considering that.

Vinny said:
I heard the call last night. Could have been anyone. Seattle has invited Hartwell to talk about a contract though, so they could very well be talking to Sharper.
my source at the local dairy queen told me that burger king spits in their burgers...

would you believe me?

unidentified sources over the radio from callers are crapshoots

texansfan88 said:
my source at the local dairy queen told me that burger king spits in their burgers...

would you believe me?

unidentified sources over the radio from callers are crapshoots
If you read that little part that says, "could have been anyone", it gives a small clue that I really think that it very well could have been anyone. That includes someone who knows Jamie, to well...anyone, including the Dairy Queen guy.

Vinny said:
I wouldn't put much stock in that Browns rumor. The fans may want it but there is no way the Browns are seriously considering that.

If i were the Browns GM no way i touch this deal either ..... just a rumor

corrosion said:
If i were the Browns GM no way i touch this deal either ..... just a rumor
Is it really a "rumor"? Or just some madeup trade by a poster on dawgtalk? Does anyone have a link? The trade seems absurd for the Browns & absurd for Sharper (thought he wanted to go to a winner). Do the Texans really want to pay anyone in this draft #3 money?

Lucky said:
Do the Texans really want to pay anyone in this draft #3 money?

Knowing Casserly, No Way!! We're too busy giving the money to injury-prone "old guys".

I know this is a bit off subject but, why does Houston do this? It's not just the Texans, but the Rockets and Astros do the same thing. Why do we always pick up guys on the down side of their careers? We never go after the "big fish". Last year was the first time I saw it when we signed Clemens(he is still at the top of his game) and when we tried to throw Beltran some cash but went for the bigger pay day, but that's a whole other story. It's like we're too scared to take a chance, so we opt for the "middle of the road" kinda guy that isn't gonna cost us much but won't get us to the title. I'm tired of our teams seen as great contenders but not enough to make it.

Dionysus22 said:
Knowing Casserly, No Way!! We're too busy giving the money to injury-prone "old guys".

I know this is a bit off subject but, why does Houston do this? It's not just the Texans, but the Rockets and Astros do the same thing. Why do we always pick up guys on the down side of their careers? We never go after the "big fish". Last year was the first time I saw it when we signed Clemens(he is still at the top of his game) and when we tried to throw Beltran some cash but went for the bigger pay day, but that's a whole other story. It's like we're too scared to take a chance, so we opt for the "middle of the road" kinda guy that isn't gonna cost us much but won't get us to the title. I'm tired of our teams seen as great contenders but not enough to make it.

Yao Ming, Tracy Mcgrady, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettite, Jeff Kent....need I go on?

shicks3781 said:
Someone on another message board said, "I was listening to sporting news radio.Driving home for work last night when a caller came on from Houston claiming to have a inside source with the Texans and said that Sharper might be traded to the Seahawks." I was just wondering if any of you Texans fans had hear anything about this?

I read on another message board (espn) from a non Texan fan who owns a restaurant where Sharper was dining at.....who apparently overheard suppossedly imminent trade talk with Seattle???

Who knows. All just rumors at this point.

Dionysus22 said:
Yes, has any produced a Title?

Your logic is flawed....you actually think Yao/T-Mac aren't big time players? If u think T-mac isn't, then hey, go find a new team or something.

You want the the Texans to OVERSPEND for some FA that, with one injury, makes us look like fools...yeah ok, u stay in whereever that little world is...

For a town that's only won two porfessional titles the answer is no, but it ahsn't been from a lack of trying. I'll add to the list Barkley, Drexler, Pippen, Ryan, Randy Johnson, and there are more. To say thats as a whoel that this town dosn't watn to win is whole off base and a bit unimaginitive.

Lets not get off the subject fellas :rolleyes:

Allright so assuming there is some validity to this rumor about Sharper and the Seahawks, Do they have any FA's we'd be interested in? Draft picks?

ThaShark316 said:
Your logic is flawed....you actually think Yao/T-Mac aren't big time players? If u think T-mac isn't, then hey, go find a new team or something.

You want the the Texans to OVERSPEND for some FA that, with one injury, makes us look like fools...yeah ok, u stay in whereever that little world is...

I never said T-mac wasn't a great player. I love T-mac, and Yao I'm afraid isn't really living up to the hype. One guy can't do it alone. And who said anything about overspending? You should read carefully instead of seeing only what you want to see. So you're saying the Eagles are fools? Are the Heat fools? Are the Yankees fools? They knew what it took and they got their man. Owens led the Eagles to the Bowl. The Heat can't be stopped with Shaq. and now the Yankees are on their way back to the series. They are so overloaded with fire power it's ridiculous.

Dionysus22 said:
I never said T-mac wasn't a great player. I love T-mac, and Yao I'm afraid isn't really living up to the hype. One guy can't do it alone. And who said anything about overspending? You should read carefully instead of seeing only what you want to see. So you're saying the Eagles are fools? Are the Heat fools? Are the Yankees fools? They knew what it took and they got their man. Owens led the Eagles to the Bowl. The Heat can't be stopped with Shaq. and now the Yankees are on their way back to the series. They are so overloaded with fire power it's ridiculous.

You are all over the place with your argument. Astros were 1 game away, Rox are a new team that will take time to put the other pieces together, and we all know the Texans are on the 5 year plan.

BACK to the Sharper trade..... what in the world could Seattle be offering if these rumors ARE true?

Heat and Eagles made a trade for their big-time players.... :whistle:

Back to live action....I dunno what SEA would give us, prolly just draft picks.. :thumbup

Dionysus22 said:
Owens led the Eagles to the Bowl.

OK, even knowing this is off-topic, have to say something. How in Hades did Owens lead the Eagles to the Bowl? The Eagles got one step shy the past three years without TO--this year they got through that last step without TO playing. That is just player hype talking--they got a superstar it must be the reason they got to the SB.

Rumors will fly everywhere.

I had a Bengals fan tell me the other day that Marvin Lewis was talking on the radio in Cincinatti, and he had mentioned Jamie Sharper in possibly a swap for Peter Warrick.

How believable that is...probably not. But it is interesting to hear all the different scenario's.

TEXANS84 said:
Rumors will fly everywhere.

I had a Bengals fan tell me the other day that Marvin Lewis was talking on the radio in Cincinatti, and he had mentioned Jamie Sharper in possibly a swap for Peter Warrick.

God, lets hope not. :wacko: :woot :wacko:

It's not believable because you cannot speculate about players who are under contract with other teams openly. Its against the rules.

Vinny said:
It's not believable because you cannot speculate about players who are under contract with other teams openly. Its against the rules.

True...but, just as I posted that...and then clicked over to HPF.com...I see this:
As word spreads around the league that linebacker Jamie Sharper is available via trade, one newspaper believes he might be working on fashioning some stripes into his fall wardrobe.

The Cincinnati Enquirer received word from an unspecified source that Sharper is talking to the Bengals about a possible trade. If the Texans were to consummate a deal with the Bengals, it would reunite Sharper with Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis, Sharper's defensive coordinator when he played with the Ravens.

Sharper, 30, is capable of playing a variety of positions in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 defensive scheme. It maximizes the number of teams he could potentially play for outside of Houston if he is traded. Other speculated destinations for Sharper include Seattle, Kansas City, Cleveland, and Baltimore.

Sure, but Marvin Lewis isn't going to be on the radio talking about him. Thats just made up.

I don't think Sharper has much interest in remaining here and if he does he
may be a negative influence on the younger players. Absorbing his cap damage and salvaging in trade (doubt that we do better than a 3rd rounder)
for him whatever we can and moving on is the best path.
I still look to the future with this team and won't be upset if we don't make the playoffs this year . I just want them to play hard for 4 quarters in all 16 games like in 2003 and not quit early in the second half like they did this year a couple of times.

infantrycak said:
OK, even knowing this is off-topic, have to say something. How in Hades did Owens lead the Eagles to the Bowl? The Eagles got one step shy the past three years without TO--this year they got through that last step without TO playing. That is just player hype talking--they got a superstar it must be the reason they got to the SB.

Thank you. I was going to say the same thing.

Dionysus22 said:
Yes, has any produced a Title?

hmmm last time i checked in order to get a title you have to win the thing as a TEAM. i guess t-mac could play the rest of the season 1-5 man and try to win a title that way !

Walter Jones? :rolleyes: yeah then I woke up :wacko:

Seatle is interesting, they have been shopping for a MLB for some time in the past couple of years with no success. If we do trade Shaper player for player to Seattle, it will have to be for somebody on the offensive side of the ball. What about Koren Robinson? Seatle wants him gone, he is a young player with great talent but he gets to big of a head and needs to grow up. I certainly don't want to see him as a Texan, but that is about the only guy I can think of off the top of my head.

You can't be serious about K-Drop?! That's what they call this guy in Seattle. Koren Robinson is more interested in smoking dope than he is in catching a damned football. If the trade were to happen with Seattle, I would rather take a draft pick over this guy anyday. Not very impressive numbers if you ask me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5456

absolutely right...no recievers from seattle are worth trading sharper for...with the trade with sharper i only see us piling up draft picks not personal

Back