Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No playoffs

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Im a little scared with are upcoming sechudle its super tough what if we dont make the playoffs this season in fact what if we only get like 2 to 4 wins

im thinking we are going to get at least 3 prime time games that might shell shock us and we are playing teams we have never beaten before in our history

CHargers Jets Ravens

and since we are also playing the AFC west our travel will be insane going from east coast to west coast since houston lies in the middle of the country

whats yall think if we go 4-12 then what do we implode :gun:

LOL 4-12..............nah be realistic.

Possibly 8-8 again.

I see us kicking ass this year to be honest. They know what has to be done. Matt and AJ and crew are clicking Slaton and ???? will be our two punch. B-Cush and all the other will hopefully we getting a strong team mate on the D. 11-5 is my prediction.

"The Season of No Excuses!":fans:

Atleast we get the satisfaction of knowing if we do get our ass kicked that it was by the best. But on the other hand if we do kick ass we know it was against legit competition.

Im a little scared with are upcoming sechudle its super tough what if we dont make the playoffs this season in fact what if we only get like 2 to 4 wins

im thinking we are going to get at least 3 prime time games that might shell shock us and we are playing teams we have never beaten before in our history

CHargers Jets Ravens

and since we are also playing the AFC west our travel will be insane going from east coast to west coast since houston lies in the middle of the country

whats yall think if we go 4-12 then what do we implode :gun:

Sure..you can look at it that way. Personally, I love our schedule...the tougher the better...when we kick ass this year or get our ass kicked, then it happened with a good percentage of 09 post season teams...travel time is just what all teams go through..Patriots, Saints, Colts...They're all winners...and they do it one game at a time...have a little faith:pop:

I am a bit nervous with how tuff our schedule is this year.
I honestly think we might go 9-7 this year again. Now if
We can learn to play for 4 quarters then we will be fine.
We have proven we can play with the best in da league
But just gotta finish

We don't have any excuses in losing to our divisional teams again this year. We should go at least 5-1 in division. And i'm sure we could squeeze 5 wins from the out of division schedule.

I bet that's what the other teams thought too when they saw that they had to play us this year. No longer are we inked in for a loss automatically. With the exception of one time in 09', we fought our ass off in every game. I think that built a lot of character and bonding with our guys and will give them something to build off of this year.
Atleast that's what I'm hoping for anyways. It's way too early in the year to be negative. Plus, a lot of teams don't reflect their previous year's record. It happens time and time again......so you really don't know how this season will play out and that's what makes it so exciting. Way too many variables that come in to play before, during, and after the season, that change everything.

:fans:

Well if we cant win against the good teams then we don't need to be in the playoffs anyway. I think we are going to kick some ass, and if we dont at least we are going tailgate hard and be drunk enough to not feel the losses!

Finally, a thread we can all hate.

LOL, that's funny.

I'm not making any predictions until after the draft, then I'll make some predictions which I'll amend after traning camp. Then I'll change the changes I made to my predictions one more time after pre-season.

And after all the changes I make to my predictions I'll still be wrong. :lol:

LOL, that's funny.

I'm not making any predictions until after the draft, then I'll make some predictions which I'll amend after traning camp. Then I'll change the changes I made to my predictions one more time after pre-season.

The next time you're right will the first time. :tease:

HA! Last year I predicted a 9-7 or 10-6 season (as did a ton of other folks here..LOL) so I got it right last year. :)
Going 11-5 last year would have been very possible with that huge gift of a schedule Kubiak got, but somehow he managed to fritter it away to finish 9-7. Suffice it to say this years schedule will be substantially more challenging, so you figure it out for yourself what that will do to our 2010 record ?

Going 11-5 last year would have been very possible with that huge gift of a schedule Kubiak got, but somehow he managed to fritter it away to finish 9-7. Suffice it to say this years schedule will be substantially more challenging, so you figure it out for yourself what that will do to our 2010 record ?

The way I see it is we do have a harder schedule, but we'll have a better team, so things should even out. I'm thinking wild card this year, but I want to see how the Texans manage the draft first.

If we cant beat these teams in the regular season, why even show up if we get into the playoffs?

This will be a good measuring stick to see if we can hack it against the elite if we make it into the post season.

7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right but it could be worse

personally, i feel we took a step back this offseason and didn't improve the team enough. we stood pat with a team that went 9-7 while other teams took steps to improve their team through trades and free agency.

don't get me wrong, the offseason could have been worse, but I don't think the team improved and our lack of activity in free agency left us relying on only the draft to fill holes or make improvements.

12-4, regardless of who's on the schedule or what order the games come in.

Seriously, it's Gary Kubiak's 5th damn year. When is it going to be ok to be optimistic about our chances around here? If the man (make that "men" not forgetting about Rick Smith) isn't not done making this team good by now they aren't going to get there folks.

The only concession I'll make to the 2010 season is injury. The injury bug can destroy any teams season and I accept that. This year though teams like the Chargers, Ravens, and Jets need to see what it's like to get beat by the Texans for a change.

Last year we went 9-7 and were competitive pretty much all the games except the Jets blow out on week 1 when we didnt come prepared, and lost some crucial games by missed field goals and not being able to score a rushing td and a stupid halfback pass. Kubiak knows he better get to the playoffs or else he will be out of here if the Texans have a season anything less than 8-8. Yes we play tough teams but we won 4 in a row to close the season last year and I think our guys are ready to show and prove they are a playoff team. Playing some of these teams at home is to our advantage and im sure we can pull off wins, the wins that matter and will be crucial will be against our division.

Im thinking 10-6 making the wildcard. To be the BEST you have to beat the BEST!!

:texflag:

If we cant beat these teams in the regular season, why even show up if we get into the playoffs?

This will be a good measuring stick to see if we can hack it against the elite if we make it into the post season.

12-4, regardless of who's on the schedule or what order the games come in.

Seriously, it's Gary Kubiak's 5th damn year. When is it going to be alright to be optimistic about our chances around here? If the man (make that "men" not forgetting about Rick Smith) isn't not done making this team good by now they aren't going to get there folks.

The only concession I'll make to the 2010 season is injury. The injury bug can destroy any teams season and I accept that. This year though teams like the Chargers, Ravens, and Jets need to see what it's like to get beat by the Texans for a change.

I am with the both of you.

7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right but it could be worse

personally, i feel we took a step back this offseason and didn't improve the team enough. we stood pat with a team that went 9-7 while other teams took steps to improve their team through trades and free agency.

don't get me wrong, the offseason could have been worse, but I don't think the team improved and our lack of activity in free agency left us relying on only the draft to fill holes or make improvements.

Who is the bigger loss? Dunta Robinson or OD? Simply by getting Open Daniels back makes us a better team than we were at the end of last season imo. Not to mention others getting healthy,etc. And D-Rob will be replaced in two days, along with a RB, and possibly interior O and D line help. No way we get worse this off season.... just because we lost D-Rob. No way.

LOL, that's funny.

And that's why we all love you :)

Just seeing our 100% participation at OTs, I see our team being focused. The good news is that this team knows they can win. They now know that they need two 1 yard plays, two FGs and no fumbles to get to where they want to go. If we can stay healthy, I love our chances.

I like to save the doom-and-gloom talk for the regular season. The off-season is all about optimism and a clean slate. I have to think this way because all of my favorite pro teams are terrible.

Not setting myself up. We've got a brutal schedule to deal with next year. I'm actually with SH in the line is about 8-8 or 9-7.

We can't afford to gamble with any of the top three picks. We've got to address the running game with a RB and hopefully interior line help. Also have to hit on either a CB or FS prospect.

This time last season, many of us thought that schedule was very tough. I remember posting that I thought team could be better and have a worse W/L record. Let's play 'em as we get them. That "one game at a time thinggy."

I can see us being better but not making the playoffs again. I just don't see it being as bad as a losing record. We blew quite a few games last year and still ended up with a winning record so I see 9-7 again or 8-8 at worst.

I can see us being better but not making the playoffs again. I just don't see it being as bad as a losing record. We blew quite a few games last year and still ended up with a winning record so I see 9-7 again or 8-8 at worst.
We did 9-7 without starters Briesel, Pitts, OD and Slaton for a few games and with Mario and Schaub dinged up.

Nothing like being an improved 9-7 team! Same record, still missing the playoffs but, hey they're better than last year!

We did 9-7 without starters Briesel, Pitts, OD and Slaton for a few games and with Mario and Schaub dinged up.

We also had the "luxury" of playing against the NFC West. One team has the top pick in the draft and the other the 6th. They notched two only two wins against a team with a winning record.

We finished 9-7 on a season that had a weak schedule and next year we're facing the toughest schedule.

:rant::pissed::strangle:Hey Norg?

What happened? Your dog die? Wife left ya? Kids left ya? Lost your job?
Lost your house? Having to post from library cause you lost your computer?
Its that bad?

Your a "Hall of Fame" poster.......lmao....

You sound like a "outsider"...like a poser....a rat....

What happened? Life really that bad for you? I think you need to think about what your posting because you really are not sounding like a " hall of famer" on here.....your sounding like rookie.

I think you need help. As someone said in the movies once....."what is your major malfunction?"

I am sick to death of these guys who come on here and say stupid things....and this guy is a hall of famer?....

Its that bad?

What happened? Life really that bad for you? I think you need to think about what your posting because you really are not sounding like a " hall of famer" on here.....your sounding like rookie.

I think you need help. As someone said in the movies once....."what is your major malfunction?"

I am sick to death of these guys who come on here and say stupid things....and this guy is a hall of famer?....

So I can assume that you think the Texans will go undefeated and win the Superbowl? If everybody was always cheery and optimistic then there wouldn't be very interesting conversations on this board. Maybe calm down just a touch.

Its that bad?

This post made no contribution to this thread. Quit bashing other posters and keep your comments on subject, not the poster.

Who is the bigger loss? Dunta Robinson or OD? Simply by getting Open Daniels back makes us a better team than we were at the end of last season imo. Not to mention others getting healthy,etc. And D-Rob will be replaced in two days, along with a RB, and possibly interior O and D line help. No way we get worse this off season.... just because we lost D-Rob. No way.

Losing DRob is going to hurt. I know he is the whipping boy around here and he didn't handle himself well last year and his play was not great, but there is a reason he was a UFA for all of about 24 hours this year. He is a better corner than any of this year's draft crop and it may be an inconvenient truth, but this years crop SUCKS...and he was a better corner than anyone else we had on our roster. I am hoping for the best, but I am not going to discount what Dunta has done for this team and what he brings to the table. Guy was coming off a knee injury after all. We shouldn't have expected him to be Deion Sanders last year, but it didn't matter. It became personal between him and Rick and we let him go for nothing.

I don't see how you can lose your #1 Corner and improve your team when you don't do anything of merit to help your team in Free Agency. I just don't see it. We 'stayed the course' which is another word for we 'didn't want to spend any money on adding players'....after all, McNair has called for a bailout because his team is suffering so much financially. How could he spend any money when his team is doing so poorly financially? We sat on our hands while other teams improved but don't blame Bob. He just can't afford it.

As for OD, he is coming off a knee injury and we better not be counting on him and we better not be in a rush to re-sign him. We need to take our team on him because he won't be that widely coveted and there is too much to risk by pulling another Domanick Davis with him. Let's pay him when its time and not before then. With DeMeco it was a little different because he is more valuable and didn't get injured last year. If OD was injury free last year and not coming off a major knee injury, I would be MUCH more open to giving him the money he is due...but he did get injured. Sucks to be you, OD. Even if there is a season in 2011 we could just tender him again. Our passing game was fine last year and without OD. If he is willing to sign a VERY team friendly deal around mid-season and he looks good, maybe we give him a new deal but we have much greater needs than TEs that play WR.

Our trouble was stopping the pass especially on 3rd Down, kicking field goals, stupid turnovers/stupid playcalls, and a lack of consistent play/effort from our defense. It wasn't not having OD..and I like OD, I just know that pass catching TEs are a dime a dozen, even gifted ones like OD.

Its that bad?

"Hall of Famer" doesn't mean jack, bro. Relax dude, that status reflects post count. Johnsonfan could've been a HOFer.

Nothing like being an improved 9-7 team! Same record, still missing the playoffs but, hey they're better than last year!

We also had the "luxury" of playing against the NFC West. One team has the top pick in the draft and the other the 6th. They notched two only two wins against a team with a winning record.

We finished 9-7 on a season that had a weak schedule and next year we're facing the toughest schedule.
Why was all the uproar about how strong the schedule was last year prior to game 1? I don't think a schedule should make much difference as you don't know who will be hurt or out due to a suspension (Ben R.) We really do not know how strong the opponent is until we play them. Most thought the Jets were going to be weak yet they did pretty well against teams not named Texans also. They did not beat just us.

sorry i sound so gloomy

iam exictied about this season tho win or lose

and the draft there is going to be a draft party right at Relient right i wish i could go but i have work

Why was all the uproar about how strong the schedule was last year prior to game 1? I don't think a schedule should make much difference as you don't know who will be hurt or out due to a suspension (Ben R.) We really do not know how strong the opponent is until we play them. Most thought the Jets were going to be weak yet they did pretty well against teams not named Texans also. They did not beat just us.

yeah they came right out of the gates 3-0 we went 1-2

We really do not know how strong the opponent is until we play them. Most thought the Jets were going to be weak yet they did pretty well against teams not named Texans also. They did not beat just us.

This is the 2nd time this has happened to us. We get blindsided by a crap team turned playoff team overnight.

2004 San Diego Chargers
2009 NY Jets

2010? Redskins? Raiders? Cheifs?

I don't know. I was predicting the schedule to be fairly weak prior to last year's start of the season.

We got the NFC West gift wrapped along with Buffalo, Oakland, and Cinci.

Most everyone on the board correctly predicted the Titans and Jags would regress prior to the start of the season as well.

My concern about this season's schedule is playing the AFC west and NFC East. NFC East is loaded and the AFC West is hard to figure out. San Diego lost a few pieces, but Rivers no matter what is going to make them a tough team to deal with. It's going to be interesting to see how another crazy off season for McDaniels in Denver is going to pan out. A lot of that game is going to be where they are scheduled. If Cable is finally allowed to get rid of Russell as a starter, the Raiders are going to be surprisingly competitive. Chiefs aren't likely to get better suddenly but, they added some veteran coordinators who could turn them around much quicker than I anticipate.

Than again there is our division. A few of the teams we're playing have also made some big moves as well. Baltimore made a move for Boldin, DC for McNabb and Shannhan as coach, Jets made moves to land LT, Cromartie and looks like making a move on Jason Taylor.

Look I'm not trying to be doom and gloom as much as on paper and looking at the core of players of a lot of the teams we play next year it's just not going to be a walk in the park. If we do make the playoffs with the schedule we have I'll be surprised, but .... at the same time this team would be battle tested if they do and would be playing with a ton of confidence going into them.

This is the 2nd time this has happened to us. We get blindsided by a crap team turned playoff team overnight.

2004 San Diego Chargers
2009 NY Jets

While I think there was a level of confidence going into the Jets game that ultimately turned out to be totally unwarranted (duh!), they were not exactly a crap team in 2008. They finished with the exact same 9-7 record that they ended up the regular season with last year, and until Favre's arm fell apart and they lost 4 out of their last 5, were assumed by most to be a playoff team.

I'd like to have a confidence booster team in week 1. There's not many of those that we would get this season, but the Raiders would be a good choice.

2004 San Diego Chargers
2009 NY Jets

The funniest thing and I think it was from a poster on this MB after we got our tails whupped,was the team was not ready for the 3-4 defense. Hilarious.

I don't know. I was predicting the schedule to be fairly weak prior to last year's start of the season.

We got the NFC West gift wrapped along with Buffalo, Oakland, and Cinci.

Most everyone on the board correctly predicted the Titans and Jags would regress prior to the start of the season as well.

My concern about this season's schedule is playing the AFC west and NFC East. NFC East is loaded and the AFC West is hard to figure out. San Diego lost a few pieces, but Rivers no matter what is going to make them a tough team to deal with. It's going to be interesting to see how another crazy off season for McDaniels in Denver is going to pan out. A lot of that game is going to be where they are scheduled. If Cable is finally allowed to get rid of Russell as a starter, the Raiders are going to be surprisingly competitive. Chiefs aren't likely to get better suddenly but, they added some veteran coordinators who could turn them around much quicker than I anticipate.

Than again there is our division. A few of the teams we're playing have also made some big moves as well. Baltimore made a move for Boldin, DC for McNabb and Shannhan as coach, Jets made moves to land LT, Cromartie and looks like making a move on Jason Taylor.

Look I'm not trying to be doom and gloom as much as on paper and looking at the core of players of a lot of the teams we play next year it's just not going to be a walk in the park. If we do make the playoffs with the schedule we have I'll be surprised, but .... at the same time this team would be battle tested if they do and would be playing with a ton of confidence going into them.
GS, the Bengals had gone 4-3-1 (tie was with Eagles) and won last 3 against Washington, Cleveland and KC. They had signed Cedric Benson who had two 100 yard games to end the year. Fans were up talking this team.

Bills began 5-1 and were in playoff hunt until week 15 I think. They lost to the Jets twice.
I definitely understand your concerns but just maybe.......

Back