Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2010   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Exorcism: Top 5 Draft busts in Texans history

Dear St. Campbell,

Please guide these sons of Texas steadily in their draft pursuits (and please guide those that are part of this organization who are not card carrying Texans as well) as we are at the precipice of playoff bliss.

It's been a long time since a Houston professional football team tasted the playoffs, and it has been long time for us fans that became Texans fans as we followed other teams, consequently, Texans fans are thirsty for success and ready to be drunk with euphoria from a playoff run. Although many of my fellow fans wear beer goggles when showing their support of the team, they are not drunk, but rather to quote Dr. Klahn "these are lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care!" I, too, feel like a lost drunken man who doesn't know where they are, but does care - this is the epitome of the Texans fan experience.

If Earl Campbell is the light, then Charlie Casserly is Bud Adams the Dark. This used to be Casserly's time, this used to be where, unbeknown to us, that the delta between our team's talent and the others incrementally became a canyon and that the visible connect between NFL football and Texans football painfully unfolded every Sunday as a result.

As we have exorcised demons out of Matt Schaub, Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye we now ask that you guide the Texans front office as you guided many Houston teams of the past, and further bury the evil that looked over the draft room in years past.

This is just a list, a reminder of where we were, and where we are not going any longer.

1. David Carr (2002) 1st

2. Tony Hollings (2003) 2nd

3. Jason Babin (2004) 1st

4. Travis Johnson (2005) 1st

5. Charles Hill (2002) 3rd

Taxi squad:

1. Tony Boselli (Expansion)

2. Bennie Joppru (2003) 2nd

3. Ryan Young (Expansion)

4. Antwaun Molden (2008)
Old 04-19-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101624 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Exorcism: Top 5 Draft busts in Texans history

Old 04-19-2010   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Charles Hill (how bad must you be not to make the 2002 53 man roster?)
2. Tony Hollings (remember that one good run in the preseason?)
3. Bennie Joppru (sports hernia is a euphemism for suck!)
4. David Carr (at least he played and we won that first game. also, he built this message board)
5. Dave Ragone (ummm, yeah)
5b. Seth Wand (sadly, he was one of my favorite players at one point)
5c. Verand Morency (remember all those nice runs in the 2006 preseason?)
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well the good thing, only one of those picks has come under the present regime...omg, I said regime.... nevermind
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a good trend here. Only one player post 2005.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #6
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

May we look not to the dark and depressing past, but to the promising and bright future that awaits us as a team. We have come so far, in just a few short years, and there's so much room for growth ahead of us.
Old 04-19-2010   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I think I saw him in all of two practices. But I swear, Joppru looked pretty good before the injury. I'm just saying.
Old 04-19-2010   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in tune with the Expansion draft, but forget who was in that pool of players that were draftable. It would be interesting to see who we passed on. Having our top two picks Boselli and Young playing a combined 9 games is just mind blowing to me.
Old 04-19-2010   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was in tune with the Expansion draft, but forget who was in that pool of players that were draftable. It would be interesting to see who we passed on. Having our top two picks Boselli and Young playing a combined 9 games is just mind blowing to me.
Willie Roaf!
Old 04-19-2010   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think I saw him in all of two practices. But I swear, Joppru looked pretty good before the injury. I'm just saying.
Molden looked good for most of his rookie season!
Old 04-19-2010   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Jason Witten was drafted in the next round of that draft...
Old 04-19-2010   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The main thing I think about in this regard is who wasn't available, and that was Willie Roaf of the Saints. He couldn't pass the physical to be included on their unprotected list.

So we get Boselli - who we all know about, and Roaf recovers sufficiently to be a stud on the O-line for the Chiefs for a few years.
Old 04-19-2010   #13
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
1. Charles Hill (how bad must you be not to make the 2002 53 man roster?)
2. Tony Hollings (remember that one good run in the preseason?)
4. David Carr (at least he played and we won that first game. also, he built this message board)
5. Dave Ragone (ummm, yeah)
5b. Seth Wand (sadly, he was one of my favorite players at one point)
5c. Verand Morency (remember all those nice runs in the 2006 preseason?)
HEY NOW. Dave Ragone is a former MVP...

of NFL Europe.
Old 04-19-2010   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Willie Roaf!
As pointed out, Roaf wasn't allowed in the expansion draft after he failed an NFL physical and Boselli somehow passed.

Quote:
Molden looked good for most of his rookie season!
I can't count Molden as a bad pick yet. Dude was a special teams stud and looked pretty good at CB prior to breaking his ankle. We'll have to see.
Old 04-20-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Top 5 draft busts? Most of the Asserly era. Minus AJ.
Old 04-20-2010   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should add Charles Spencer to the injured list
Old 04-20-2010   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 04-20-2010   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 04-20-2010   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Old 04-20-2010   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read