Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-19-2010   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl's Final Texan Mock .

1. Ryan Mathews , RB ... good size and speed ratio . The Texans need a CB but that's a deeper position .

2. Brandon Ghee , CB ... a bigger CB who can run and jump . I think part of the Texans CB problems have been the bigger WR in the division ... see Dunta covering what's his face when they came back and won 38-35 .

3. Mitch Petrus , G ... an upgrade up the gut for the Texans .

4. Mike Neal , DT ... why ... Neal had 13 sacks in college . If you can't penetrate in college , you won't have a chance in the pros .

5. Joe Webb , WR ... UAB ... why ... I want to run a wildcat sometimes and this is the guy to do it . Plus he's a great talent at 6'3 224 and runs a 4.4 with a 40 vertical . If you watched him run all over UH ... you'd know what he brings to the table .

6. Robert Johnson , S , Utah ... Ball hawking safety who has a knack for the turnover . Plus he can play blues guitar .

7 . Deji Karim , RB ... why ... he ran a 1.45 10yd split . Spiller was a 1.48 and Mathews a 1.49 . He is also 5'8 and 209 lbs so he's built like MJD and as quick .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Earl's Final Texan Mock .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
1. Ryan Mathews , RB

2. Brandon Ghee , CB

3. Mitch Petrus , G ...

4. Mike Neal , DT

5. Joe Webb , WR

6. Robert Johnson , S

7 . Deji Karim , RB

Love it...

"I'm goin' down to the cross roads...."
Old 04-19-2010   #3
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can definitely get behind this draft.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Good mock. It hits all of the spots, and it looks realistic. Like the Webb pick, too.
Old 04-19-2010   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Ryan Mathews , RB ... good size and speed ratio . The Texans need a CB but that's a deeper position .

2. Brandon Ghee , CB ... a bigger CB who can run and jump . I think part of the Texans CB problems have been the bigger WR in the division ... see Dunta covering what's his face when they came back and won 38-35 .

4. Mike Neal , DT ... why ... Neal had 13 sacks in college . If you can't penetrate in college , you won't have a chance in the pros .

5. Joe Webb , WR ... UAB ... why ... I want to run a wildcat sometimes and this is the guy to do it . Plus he's a great talent at 6'3 224 and runs a 4.4 with a 40 vertical . If you watched him run all over UH ... you'd know what he brings to the table .

6. Robert Johnson , S , Utah ... Ball hawking safety who has a knack for the turnover . Plus he can play blues guitar .

7 . Deji Karim , RB ... why ... he ran a 1.45 10yd split . Spiller was a 1.48 and Mathews a 1.49 . He is also 5'8 and 209 lbs so he's built like MJD and as quick .

This could be the worst mock I have ever seen. Yeah, that's right, I just mocked your mock draft.

Taking care of needs, and throwing in an intriguing flyer with Karim - I dig it.
Old 04-20-2010   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like the first 2 picks and the last 2 picks, but Johnson is projected to go in the 4th or 5th and Karim is projected to go in the 5th or 6th. If they fell as far as you have them, they'd be a steal!

Not sold on Petrus or Neal for the Texans and I don't know anything about Webb. Also, you forgot we have 2 picks in the 6th round.

Overall, good mock!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess I was sniffing around the right positions , just the wrong players in the wrong order .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read