Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-19-2010   #1
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade up to 9?

Surely someone other than myself heard the talk on 790 this morning that the Texans were rumored to be trading our 2nd round pick and #20 to Buffalo for #9 and we would take CJ Spiller?
Old 04-19-2010   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade up to 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Surely someone other than myself heard the talk on 790 this morning that the Texans were rumored to be trading our 2nd round pick and #20 to Buffalo for #9 and we would take CJ Spiller?
I'm cool with that.

1. Spiller
3. Wright
4. McFadden

I can see it working
Old 04-19-2010   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rumored by who?

Or was it just idle speculation?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Rumored by who?

It's kind of all idle speculation at this point...I didn't hear the broadcast or see any rumors online about it...but I wouldn't be opposed.
Old 04-19-2010   #5
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Rumored by who?

Matt & Adam maybe? I wasn't listening but willing to bet it's just idle speculation by whomever.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

No chance - no pun intended.
Old 04-19-2010   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

UGGH! I really don't want that to happen. If we traded up, I'd want to do it for:

Eric Berry, Haden, or possibly Earl Thomas. Giving up that much for a RB who offers the same skill set as Steve Slaton doesn't make much sense to me... particularly when the 2nd and 3rd rounds are littered with bigger, complimentary. Plus, that makes this Friday much less entertaining!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2010   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
UGGH! I really don't want that to happen. If we traded up, I'd want to do it for:

Eric Berry, Haden, or possibly Earl Thomas. Giving up that much for a RB who offers the same skill set as Steve Slaton doesn't make much sense to me... particularly when the 2nd and 3rd rounds are littered with bigger, complimentary. Plus, that makes this Friday much less entertaining!
I also think that there is a decent chance that Spiller could fall to us at 20 anyway. I really can't imagine Smithiak pulling this trade.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't see it happening.

If I thought the Texans were just one positional player away from being dominant sure. I don't think we are.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #10
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think I would like it either, and it certainly doesn't fall in line with the Texans' way of thinking. If we were to trade up I would like to see one of the top corners or safeties taken. Also, I hate to give up that 2nd round pick. I have been all over the 790 website and their Facebook page, and I haven't found out anything, but I certainly heard it and it sounded more than speculation. Surely to goodness I'm not the only one on here that heard it. It was around 8:45 this morning.
Old 04-19-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't think I would like it either, and it certainly doesn't fall in line with the Texans' way of thinking. If we were to trade up I would like to see one of the top corners or safeties taken. Also, I hate to give up that 2nd round pick. I have been all over the 790 website and their Facebook page, and I haven't found out anything, but I certainly heard it and it sounded more than speculation. Surely to goodness I'm not the only one on here that heard it. It was around 8:45 this morning.
Could John McClain have possibly been speaking? Disguising his voice even. Sounds like a standard McClain whopper.
Old 04-19-2010   #12
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see that happening! Bad deal IMO!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see Spiller being drafted by the Texans, since all that does is give us a fresher better model of Slaton. Of course we don't know if Slaton comes back healthy or not, but Spiller is another small quick guy, not a pound up the middle of the line guy. We need a heavy pounder before we need another small quick guy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't see Spiller being drafted by the Texans, since all that does is give us a fresher better model of Slaton. Of course we don't know if Slaton comes back healthy or not, but Spiller is another small quick guy, not a pound up the middle of the line guy. We need a heavy pounder before we need another small quick guy.
Considering that Slaton was really nice before the neck thing/fumbleitis set in, why wouldn't we want a fresher, better model?
Old 04-19-2010   #15
TheBigpaki
Veteran

Rep Power: 760 TheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping the Smithiak goes defense 1st round, and for running back pick up Gerhart in the 4rd or maybe even reach for him in the 3rd. I want a powerback that can get those couple of yards when it counts!
TheBigpaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

unless there's some crazy bona-fide player sitting there, trading up 11 spots into the top 10 seems nuts. not even sure the last time that's happened
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
unless there's some crazy bona-fide player sitting there, trading up 11 spots into the top 10 seems nuts. not even sure the last time that's happened
2008, Jags and Derrick Harvey. Didn't work out but they moved from 26 to 8 I believe. IIRC it only cost them a 2.
Old 04-19-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Don't see it happening.

If I thought the Texans were just one positional player away from being dominant sure. I don't think we are.
I think we are closer than alot of people on this board think. I've seen alot of people talk about all of our gapping holes, and I don't see them. RB, CB, DT, G/C. Those are the do or die needs, and only RB and CB are huge holes.
Old 04-19-2010   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
2008, Jags and Derrick Harvey. Didn't work out but they moved from 26 to 8 I believe. IIRC it only cost them a 2.
and top 10 money. Dont forget about that.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Does not add up well for the Bills according to the value chart

#9- 1350
#20-850 + #51- 390 = 1240

-110 too much for Bills to give up.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read