Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-17-2010   #1
TwoTrill
Rookie

Default Should we trade up for Thomas or Berry

I hope we trade or 1st for a top 10 pick because earl thomas or berry wont be there and i know we dont want Mays

Whats your thoughts
TwoTrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Should we trade up for Thomas or Berry

I just don't think it's necessary... I'd prefer a trade back, pick up additional picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds where this staff has shown they can pick them.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTrill View Post
I hope we trade or 1st for a top 10 pick because earl thomas or berry wont be there and i know we dont want Mays

Whats your thoughts
I also think both will be gone and that the Texans will just go CB with the 1st
Old 04-17-2010   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Earl can channel his inner John Elway and refuse to play for whatever organization drafts him and we can get him for Mark Hermann and Chris Hinton. I think the Broncos gave up a 1st round pick the next season as well. Still, it kind of worked out for him. I'd love to see Earl roaming in our secondary, but I don't want to mortgage too much to trade up. If he's available in those mid teen spots it might not take too much to jump a few spots up, though.
Old 04-17-2010   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

NO WAY. I am always against giving up draft picks unless your moving up for a Franchise QB.
Old 04-18-2010   #6
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I like the idea of having Earl Thomas, do I like it enough to give up our number 2, probably not. What always bothers me is you can still use that second rounder and get some crap player nobody will remember in 8 years, if you are convinced the guy is an absolute superstar, then go for it.

Yeah, I am still hooked on the lottery though, the chance that the second rounder will be great too, clouds the issue, so after much flip flopping, still no.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
NO WAY. I am always against giving up draft picks unless your moving up for a Franchise QB.
Co-sign

Mortgaging assets is only justifiable when its for a franchise QB
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2010   #8
whiskeyrbl

Doubt that would ever happen. This regime is into aquiring picks not giving them away. A move that far up would cost to much in terms of draft picks so I cannot see it happening. Plus the way it is sounding we may be able to get Haden or Wilson at 20, or even a possible trade back and aquire McCourtey and additional pick or two. Of course this is just my opinion but I have a feeling Philly or SD are gonna want to move up.
Old 04-18-2010   #9
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTrill View Post

Whats your thoughts
I would take Mays if Dan Williams and Mike Iuapti are gone. I really think we need a DT or OG more than a safety. We can get by with Eugene Wilson, Barber and unknown Troy Nolan. Troy Nolan is physical and could be a diamond in the rough. He seems to be a bit of a ball hawk.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

It depends...

Do you want to finally give this franchise a bonafide centerfielder in the back 7? A playmaker that we've never had at the safety position that can give us the big plays we need to finish off opponents like the Colts?

Or do you want to gamble that Smithiak will find that player somewhere else?
Old 04-18-2010   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way I trade up is if I can land Suh or McCoy. They are the only 2 players that would have enough of an impact on our team to justify giving up draft picks that could land us potential starting players. Berry would be nice, but not worth what we'd have to give up to move up & there's no way I'd move up to get Thomas when I can take Burnett in the 2nd round.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read