Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-16-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain 1st Mock Draft

St. Louis Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Detroit Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Washington Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Kansas City Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee

Seattle Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Cleveland Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Oakland Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Buffalo Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Jacksonville Earl Thomas, FS, Texas

Denver Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

Miami Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

San Francisco Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

Seattle C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

NY Giants Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

Tennessee Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech

San Francisco Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Pittsburgh Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

Atlanta Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

Houston Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

Cincinnati Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

New England Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Green Bay Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Philadelphia Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

Baltimore Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

Arizona Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

Dallas Taylor Mays, FS, USC

San Diego Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

NY Jets Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU

Minnesota Brian Price, DT, UCLA

Indianapolis Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana

New Orleans Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/04/c...ock_draft.html
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #2
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain 1st Mock Draft

i'm not impressed...
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pierre-Paul at 32 really?

I also find Wilson at 28 a bit of a stretch also.
Old 04-17-2010   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'd be sum pissed if wilson was available and we didnt take him. Unless Earl Thomas or Haden were somehow available.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

So we pass up Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty to take a grossly overhyped Ryan Mathews, I'd be pissed. I sure hope he's wrong.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Pierre-Paul at 32 really?

I also find Wilson at 28 a bit of a stretch also.
Aren't you the one railing against the Okoye pick in the other thread ? Now tell me what is the difference in that pick and Picking JPP before the last four or five picks in the first. You're buying potential. Seven game potential. And that always gets you into trouble with an unproven player. Beyond doubt, JJP definitely looks like Tarzan. I've been trying to tell you guys for months, this is not a great group of corners. there is value at the position, but not in the first round.
Old 04-18-2010   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
So we pass up Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty to take a grossly overhyped Ryan Mathews, I'd be pissed. I sure hope he's wrong.
What in your mind Makes Mathews grossly over hyped ? Inquiring minds wish to know.
Old 04-19-2010   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
What in your mind Makes Mathews grossly over hyped ? Inquiring minds wish to know.

He has an extensive injury history including a concussion and he played in the WAC. I'd much rather have a RB like Tate, Dwyer, or Dixon who all played in the SEC against top level competition. I think Mathews is a good RB but not a great RB and I'd be fine taking him in the 2nd round but don't think that he's worthy of a 1st round pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He has an extensive injury history including a concussion and he played in the WAC. I'd much rather have a RB like Tate, Dwyer, or Dixon who all played in the SEC against top level competition. I think Mathews is a good RB but not a great RB and I'd be fine taking him in the 2nd round but don't think that he's worthy of a 1st round pick.
While I dont agree that Mathews is grossly overhyped, I do think that the Texans will and should take a secondary player with Wilson and Mays still on the board.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
While I dont agree that Mathews is grossly overhyped, I do think that the Texans will and should take a secondary player with Wilson and Mays still on the board.
If we take Mays, I'll eat my hat. He is a guy who will be an OLB within 3 years. No thanks.
Old 04-19-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If we take Mays, I'll eat my hat. He is a guy who will be an OLB within 3 years. No thanks.
Ima invent a had made out of nacho's for people like you. :P

I never put it past a coach to think he can fix a physical freak.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

The top five picks in my John McClain Mock draft would be:

1.1 Polish Sausage
1.2 Marlboro Red
1.3 Bacon Sandwich
1.4 Wild Turkey Liquor
1.5 Tylenol
Old 04-21-2010   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
What was that guys name Detroit took about six drafts ago ? Had a brother already in the league ? Boss Bailey ...that's what Taylor Mays is to me. work out warrior with freakish numbers who doesn't have a position because he has terrible hips and poor change of direction skills. I'm with ya 100%. No offense to Mr. Cushing but, let someone else draft that.
Old 04-21-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd think a sports writer would at least give a line or two about each pick in his mock. Seems kind of lazy to me since I could do just about the same with the ESPN mock draft creator.
Old 04-21-2010   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You'd think a sports writer would at least give a line or two about each pick in his mock. Seems kind of lazy to me since I could do just about the same with the ESPN mock draft creator.
i'm guessing he's not paid by the word.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im surprised he didnt have the Texans taking VY ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am actually surprised that it didn't look like this

Quote:
1.Shutter Island
2.How to Train Your Dragon
3.Kick-Ass
4.Prophet, A
5.Date Night
6.Hot Tub Time Machine
7.Youth in Revolt
8.The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
9.The Book of Eli
10.Alice in Wonderland (2010)
11. Valentine's Day
12. Boy (2010)
13. Clash of the Titans (2010)
14. Toy Story 3
15. Crazies, The (2010)
16. The Ghost Writer
17. Green Zone
18. Wolfman, The (2010)
19. Cop Out
20. Fish Tank
21. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
22. Extraordinary Measures
23. New Low
24. Dread
25. Greenberg
26. Daybreakers
27. The Last Airbender
28. Despicable Me
29. Repo Men (2010)
30. Edge of Darkness (2010)
31. Terribly Happy
32. Nowhere Boy

http://www.filmcrave.com/list_top_movie.php?yr=2010
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
true, no reason or explanation on the pick
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read