Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-16-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson Interview

Called in recently to the Mad Hatta Morning Show on 97.9

Enjoy: http://www.themhms.com/2010/04/15/an...finish-school/

For those who may have technical difficulties or are at work and cannot listen:

Host: How you feel about past season?

AJ: It was alright, went 9-7, first winning season. At same time, upset we didn't get into the playoffs. Have to find away to win those extra games to get in to it

Host: What about the kicker? I know there's been some debate about the kicker over there. They bought this boy in and gave him like 5 cents to replace the guy who is making millions. Is that gonna help out the team or what?

AJ: A lot of pressure when you gotta kick them game winning field goals so I dont know how thats gonna work out. I guess Kris and Rackers gonna have to battle for that spot. We'll see what happens.

Host: Hey Andre, so what you feelin' about this season?

AJ: We gonna have to do everything, we have to do at least playoffs or super bowl or bust. That's how I feel about it. I dont know how everyone else feels but I feel it's time to take that step and get in the playoffs and win the super bowl so if it don't happen, I'll be upset. I wouldnt be mad if the whole city of Houston would be upset at us. That's just the way I look at it.

Host: You play the Cowboys this year twice.

AJ: What that mean?

Host: What you mean what that mean? You might be stayin' at 8-8 again.

AJ: Nah, ain't nobody scared of the Cowboys.

Host: Andre, I heard you went to the University of Miami but your finishing off your degree. Motivation to do so?

Other host: Derrick Coleman

(laughter)

Host: Good choice man

AJ: Nah, I promised my mom I'd finish. I decided to come back and try finish it all up. I been out of school for about 8 years now. It was a little rough when I started back but it was fun. I'm almost finished, I have a couple of weeks left.

Host: What are you getting your degree in?

AJ: Liberal arts(?) major

Host: How do you stay motivated knowing your financially secure?

Other host: Derrick Coleman

AJ: To be honest, my mom had already ordered my transcripts without me knowing.

Host: She was making sure you finished.

AJ: Yeah, she was putting that pressure on me herself. I went on ahead and tried to finish up.

Host: J-Mac keeps talking about Derrick Coleman guy. Who is he?

J-Mac: The basketball player who is in 5 million dollars worth of debt. Lost 87 million dollars.

Host: A lot of times, cats in the NFL, maybe they're not on your level, in your mind, what's your contingency plan because the day will come when you say I'm not gonna do this anymore. What's your after football plan?

J-Mac: And this guy, Andre Johnson, makes a lot of money.

(laughter)

AJ: The thing I wanna do when I'm finished playing football is I wanna coach. Coach in the college or high school level. If I was able to make it, help younger guys who went through some of the things I went through. Be a mentor to them and show them the way to help them make it and accomplish their goals. Not even them having to be football players, but just them to be young men and makin' their life.

Host: That's cool but how you gonna keep that 45-60 million you got?

(laughter)

Host: What is your plan for that? Gotta plan?

AJ: Yeah I gotta plan. I'm gonna bury it in my backyard.

(laughter)

Host: Alright, the third annual First and Ten youth football mini-camp. What's the deal with that? I think you're doin' that with DeMeco and Dunta as well?

AJ: Yeah, me DeMeco and Dunta, who is a Falcon now, which I'm pretty upset about that.

Host: Don't go puttin' nothing on your shoes and you get traded too.

AJ: Yeah, it's our 3rd annual First and Ten football mini-camp at Methodist Training Center on the 17th from 9am-1pm. Registration at 8am.

Host: Kids from 7-14 can go out there. You gonna teach them the best moves. What else do they learn?

AJ: Basically leadership and just skills. A lot of the time the kids come out there and you're tryin' to teach them and they're talkin' and stuff like that. Gotta teach them discipline and things like that. We try to teach them all kinds of things, not just football, to respect others as well.

Host: 3rd annual football mini-camp. Of course Andre Johnson from my very own Houston Texans, and DeMeco Ryans, and Dunta Robinson, who is an Atlanta Falcon unfortunately, but it's going down Saturday April 17th, 9am til 1 o'clock, Methodist Training Center right across from Reliant. If you need details, call 713-816-3223. Andre Johnson, our Houston Texans Pro Bowl WR, thank you so much and good luck this season brotha.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

Host: What is your plan for that? Gotta plan?

AJ: Yeah I gotta plan. I'm gonna bury it in my backyard.
Nice to see AJ letting some of his personality shine through. Sometimes he comes across very vanilla.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Host: Alright, the third annual First and Ten youth football mini-camp. What's the deal with that? I think you're doin' that with DeMeco and Dunta as well?

AJ: Yeah, me DeMeco and Dunta, who is a Falcon now, which I'm pretty upset about that.
He volunteered that snippet pretty readily, huh?
Old 04-16-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #5
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the transcript, must spread rep.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc

He volunteered that snippet pretty readily, huh?
No surprise to me. Dunta's fellow players weren't upset with him like many fans were, and he was never the lockerroom cancer those fans made him out to be either. As hard as it is to accept, he was a team leader - as players and coaches stated many times in his career here.

...and thanks for the transcript.
Old 04-16-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I picture AJ like him saying "Don't pay no attention to me Mister Dback. I am just going to slowly start into my route and ain't gonna say nothing about your mama but.. here's my move and I JUST BROKE YOUR BACK!!"
Old 04-16-2010   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
No surprise to me. Dunta's fellow players weren't upset with him like many fans were, and he was never the lockerroom cancer those fans made him out to be either. As hard as it is to accept, he was a team leader - as players and coaches stated many times in his career here.

...and thanks for the transcript.
I'm not at all surprised he feels that way. I'm mildly surprised that he offered up that tidbit when he wasn't asked about it, nor did the conversation have anything to do with it.
Old 04-16-2010   #9
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected

the only reason why andre liked danta is because he made practice very easy...

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Superbowl or bussss. Yeeks
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #11
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs or Super Bowl or bust.
Old 04-16-2010   #12
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't listen, just read the transcript...and the host sounds pretty annoying. I bet Dre hated that conversation.
Old 04-16-2010   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta love AJ

Quote:
AJ: The thing I wanna do when I'm finished playing football is I wanna coach. Coach in the college or high school level. If I was able to make it, help younger guys who went through some of the things I went through. Be a mentor to them and show them the way to help them make it and accomplish their goals. Not even them having to be football players, but just them to be young men and makin' their life.
Old 04-16-2010   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09
Playoffs or Super Bowl or bust.
Sounds like Schaub last year. Maybe they will get it done this year.
Old 04-16-2010   #15
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Host: You play the Cowboys this year twice.

AJ: What that mean?

Host: What you mean what that mean? You might be stayin' at 8-8 again.

AJ: Nah, ain't nobody scared of the Cowboys.

thats what I like to hear
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #16
J_R
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Sounds like Schaub last year. Maybe they will get it done this year.
Maybe. I hope. Seems some, not all, have been pounding this out the past year or two. Time to actually put up or shut up.
Old 04-16-2010   #17
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Aint nobody scared of the Cowgirls and the sweet part is we gonna beat that ass on national tv!!!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #18
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
I didn't listen, just read the transcript...and the host sounds pretty annoying. I bet Dre hated that conversation.
Actually if you listen to it then you'll change your mind. He actually showed some of his personality in this one!
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

That guy is just an all around class act. He should be the face of the entire NFL. What a great role model.
Old 04-17-2010   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Was this on the English as a second language channel?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read