Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-19-2010   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pat Kirwan's final mock (three rounds)

I like the first two not so much the third....

Quote:
20. Houston Texans
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Wilson is a very confident guy who claims he's the best corner in the draft. Wilson is not afraid to come up and make a tackle, and is also a fine return man. His week at the Senior Bowl helped his draft status immensely.

51. Houston Texans
Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
The Texans skipped over a running back in the first round and now grab a guy who averaged 6.2 yards per carry and scored 35 times in his college career. He has Jonathan Stewart skills.

81. Houston Texans
Al Woods, DT, LSU
At 6-foot-4 and 309 pounds, Woods is a decent "one-technique" tackle to play in a rotation, especially on run downs.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat Kirwan's final mock (three rounds)

Sign me up. Although I would rather take a safety in round 3.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Sign me up. Although I would rather take a safety in round 3.
I'm good with this mock, I don't understand the safety thing...

In years past, I could understand the debate. But Eugene Wilson & Bernard Pollard ought to give us at least another year or two to get a Safety.

I don't recall ever seeing a "Where does Eugene Wilson stand right now?" thread.
Old 04-19-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

In years past, I could understand the debate. But Eugene Wilson & Bernard Pollard ought to give us at least another year or two to get a Safety.

I don't recall ever seeing a "Where does Eugene Wilson stand right now?" thread.
Who do we have behind Eugene Wilson and Bernard Pollard? I dont know about you but I dont want to be one injury away from seeing John Busing or Bryan Russell starting for our team.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who do we have behind Eugene Wilson and Bernard Pollard? I dont know about you but I dont want to be one injury away from seeing John Busing or Bryan Russell starting for our team.
Exactly. As it stands right now, one injury to a player in our secondary could very well mean the end of our season. Its just that thin back there.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ok with the first 2 picks but Al Woods in the 3rd sucks, IMO he's a 4th or 5th rounder for depth and rotation only. I'd also rather see a FS or OG/C in the 3rd.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm ok with the first 2 picks but Al Woods in the 3rd sucks, IMO he's a 4th or 5th rounder for depth and rotation only. I'd also rather see a FS or OG/C in the 3rd.
I think Woods is probably a 3rd rounder

Much rather have Houston or Troup
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2010   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If you really want to fix the running game you go
1 Mike Iupati, G, Idaho or Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
2 John Jerry, G/OT, Mississippi
3 Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee

Now this ignores the defense backs that are there... but your running game would improve.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who do we have in front of Amobi & Cody?

It would be nice to have one starter in front of them.

Just one...
Old 04-19-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
If you really want to fix the running game you go
1 Mike Iupati, G, Idaho or Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
2 John Jerry, G/OT, Mississippi
3 Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee

Now this ignores the defense backs that are there... but your running game would improve.
Are we expecting Hardesty to be the guy, or the 3rd down guy?
Old 04-20-2010   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are we expecting Hardesty to be the guy, or the 3rd down guy?
This looks like a solid RB for the NFL.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't get why people on the board seem high on Wilson. He's not terrible ,but it's not like he has the position sewed up.

http://www.nfl.com/players/eugenewil...e?id=WIL686587

Looking at the past two seasons he hasn't even finished or started one healthy. In the mean time we've been stuck hoping guys like Busing, Barber and Nick Ferguson could hold the spot down.

No qualms about Pollard. The cat brings it.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has a lot of nice runs but I don't think he's an NFL player. I think his balance is inconsistent. Also, if you watch how many times he lands very hard and awkwardly on the turf, without being hit hard, you get a sense of why he has injury problems. I think balance at RB is key. When a back has good balance, then a CB hitting his shin at 8 yards won't send him flopping to the turf. Or, when he busts through the line, he won't basically trip forward and tackle himself for an 8 yard gain if his balance is right.

Not only would I draft guys like Tate and Dwyer before Hardesty, but I'd draft Alex Henderson from Northern Arizona well before I'd consider Hardesty.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PK: After watching 8 yrs of bad footbaall I wish the Texans had one side of the football they could hang their hat on.

You're mock would give them that.

You could draft another RB late.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Tate, Gerhardt, or Hardesty before Dwyer who's got good size but dosen't run as if he did.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think Woods is probably a 3rd rounder

Much rather have Houston or Troup
Both second rounders I expect.
Old 04-20-2010   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami going defense with their two picks, sounds good to me
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I would take Tate, Gerhardt, or Hardesty before Dwyer who's got good size but dosen't run as if he did.
I can understand why some people would be concerned about Dwyer. But, certainly, it isn't a lack of physicality.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dom Barber?

I'm not saying we don't need a safety, but it's not the end of the world if we don't pick a safety in the first three rounds. Especially if we draft a CB in the first, like this mock says.

Afterall, that leaves us with Wilson, Quin, Reeves, McCain, Bennett, Molden, and other possible picks/FA at CB. That opens up the possibility of trying either Molden or Quin at FS. It also doesn't preclude us from drafting a FS in the 4th.

There are plenty of viable options at S behind Wilson if we don't draft a S in the first 3 rounds.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #20
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Have you ever watched a GT game?

(That's rhetorical, obviously you haven't.)
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read