Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-11-2010   #1
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

According to PFT, Holmes was traded to the Jets for a 5th rounder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-to-the-jets/

5th rounder for a former Super Bowl MVP?
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

I want to say it's because of recent character issues

but last time I checked, Big Ben is kinda in trouble
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This has got to be an error.

I know Holmes underachieved last year (I had him in Fantasy Football, so I should know). But for a 5th rounder?

Only reasoning I can imagine this has happened is that there has been a sudden "spring cleaning" with the shenanigans by Ben and Santonio.

They ought to trade Ben while they're at it. He's going to end up in sex addiction clinics like Tiger and Jesse James did. LOL.
Old 04-11-2010   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets primed for a run..well to make it to the SB. Already made a run last year
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Confirmed by ESPN.com, via this link.

So do the Jets also get the guy who took the rap for throwing the glass at the lady? They're going to need that guy to be with Santonio in NY. 24/7.

If Sanchez settles down and plays well...that team might be really good.
Old 04-11-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I did not see that one coming... I guess this means the Jets won't be going WR in the first round... Maybe they will want to outbid the Chargers for Ryan Matthews??
Old 04-11-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

applies more pressure to a Texan secondary less Dunta, that's going to be a really tough match-up to win.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2010   #8
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

A 5th!!!

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Many mocks had Kyle Wilson going to the Steelers. I see Dez Bryant or Demaryious Thomas now.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll more than likely be suspended the first four games of the season for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. This had to be factored in the trade and could help us if we played the Jets in the first quarter of next season. However, the Texans and Jets requested a Thanksgiving matchup making it likely we'll have to deal with him.

Last edited by BSofA04; 04-11-2010 at 11:50 PM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #11
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I want to say it's because of recent character issues

but last time I checked, Big Ben is kinda in trouble
This is what I was thinking, too. It could have been part of the reason, but it seems like they could have got a bit more value. A 5th rounder just seems low.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Confirmed by ESPN.com, via this link.

So do the Jets also get the guy who took the rap for throwing the glass at the lady? They're going to need that guy to be with Santonio in NY. 24/7.

If Sanchez settles down and plays well...that team might be really good.
The Jets now have the most overrated WR corps. They'll shoulder the load okay but let's not start annointing them the saviors of their previous teams. Holmes is nobody on another team. He was well utilized and overachieved as a result.

I really applaud Rooney's gall at removing a prospective cancer. I wonder if they'll also ship Roethlisberger out as well? Probably not but I wouldn't be all that stunned to see it happening.

A 5th? The Jets may have gotten themselves a hard bargain. I like it. Tough to imagine the Steelers getting fleeced here but it sure looks like that at first glance. I don't know what to make of it...
Old 04-12-2010   #13
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Holmes had only one good season (last year, 1248 yards receiving iirc) so maybe the Steelers know something that there not letting the Jets in on
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't anybody noticed that this trade probably dropped Kyle Wilson to us?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #15
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I know Holmes underachieved last year (I had him in Fantasy Football, so I should know). But for a 5th rounder?
Exactly what type of season were you expecting from him? 79 receptions, 1248 yards and 5 TDs, he had a career year. Can't believe they only had to give up a 5.
Old 04-12-2010   #16
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
You think the Steelers will spend a 1 on a WR?
Old 04-12-2010   #17
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I havent seen a mock with the Steelers even taking Wilson
Old 04-12-2010   #18
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

He is in the last year of his contract and will be missing 4 games. They gave up a 5th to rent a guy for 12 games. Steelers obviously were not planning on re-signing him. Seems fair.

Question is, does anyone see the Steelers making a trade for Marshall?
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
He is in the last year of his contract and will be missing 4 games. They gave up a 5th to rent a guy for 12 games. Steelers obviously were not planning on re-signing him. Seems fair.

Why would they go after Brandon Marshall? They just traded one guy with character issues. Can't imagine they'd replace a bad character WR with another one.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post

I'm pretty sure the Jets have alot more in plan than just renting a guy for one season.

Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick is highway robbery. Hell we got a 5th round pick for Travis Johnson and I thought that was highway robbery, because we probably would've just cut him.

Santonio Holmes is >>>> Travis Johnson. (It would've been awesome if we could've turned that 5th round pick into Santonio Holmes) the Jets made out like freaking bandits. WTF are the Steelers thinking.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read