Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-11-2010   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft Tek Texans

Draft Tek has a 7 round mock out. Let me know what you think.
http://www.drafttek.com/round22010_49-64.asp

Here are Draft Tek's Texans' Picks

1. Earl Thomas, Texas-FS
2.Dominique Franks, Oklahoma-CB
3.Mike Johnson,OG-Alabama
4. Dorin Dickerson,TE-Pittsburgh
5. C.J. Wilson, DE-East Carolina
6. E.J. Wilson,DT43-North Carolina
6.Andre Anderson,RB-Tulane
7.Seyi Ajirotutu,WR-Fresno State

Here is awtysst's Cherry Pick
1. Earl Thomas, Texas-FS
Cant argue with this pick.

2.Chris Cook, CB/FS- Virginia
I like Franks, but give me the taller, physical CB.

3. JD Walton, C- Baylor
I like MJ, but I think Center is a MUCH bigger Problem. Walton can play OG this year and then slide into C after learning the system.

4.Zane Beadles-OG Utah
So now that we have our Center, we grab our OG. The line is complete. When it is ready it would be Brown and Winston at OT, Caldwell and Beadles and OG, and Walton is our C. NICE!

5.Joique Bell,RB-Wayne State
A good value back. He has shown he can tote the rock.

6. Corey Peters, DT, Kentucky
Surprised he dropped this far, but I will take him! A good rotational DT who would help our Dline.

More RB bodies to throw in

7.Barry Church,SS-Toledo
A solid backup

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Tek Texans

I guess cherry picking I take Montario Hardesty in rd. 3 instead of Johnson .
Old 04-11-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

According to Draftek's evaluation of our needs, we are only need a starting cornerback but not bad enough to reach for one. We are totally set (and do not need any more) change up running backs, #2 WRs, TEs, OCs, or Place kickers. We can take depth at any other position (QB, #1 RB, #1 WR, OT, OG, FB, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, SS, FS).

I think that disagrees with how must of us evaluate our needs.

I think most of us would put a bigger priority on RB#1, DT, FS, OG, and OC.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Draft Tek has a 7 round mock out. Let me know what you think.
http://www.drafttek.com/round22010_49-64.asp

Here is awtysst's Cherry Pick
1. Earl Thomas, Texas-FS
Cant argue with this pick.

2.Chris Cook, CB/FS- Virginia
I like Franks, but give me the taller, physical CB.

3. JD Walton, C- Baylor
I like MJ, but I think Center is a MUCH bigger Problem. Walton can play OG this year and then slide into C after learning the system.

4.Zane Beadles-OG Utah
So now that we have our Center, we grab our OG. The line is complete. When it is ready it would be Brown and Winston at OT, Caldwell and Beadles and OG, and Walton is our C. NICE!

5.Joique Bell,RB-Wayne State
A good value back. He has shown he can tote the rock.

6. Corey Peters, DT, Kentucky
Surprised he dropped this far, but I will take him! A good rotational DT who would help our Dline.

More RB bodies to throw in

7.Barry Church,SS-Toledo
A solid backup
I would go:

20 Earl Thomas Texas FS
51 Brandon Ghee Wake Forest CB
81 Mike Johnson Alabama OG
118 Torrell Troup Central Florida DT
150 Marshall Newhouse TCU OG
187 Deji Karim Southern Illinois RB
197 Andre Anderson Tulane RB
227 Jameson Konz Kent State FB/TE/WR/H-Back/LB

Thomas is the no brainer, Ghee is big and has speed, has had some adversity and came back from it, Johnson and Newhouse added to Caldwell could be a long term group to handle the middle, Troup is huge road block in the middle, Karim and Anderson add solid depth to the RB core, Kent is an jack of all trades guy with off the chart measurables, he and Casey save roster spots.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This mock is being discussed in the cherry pick thread too.

I agree their needs assessment is terrible!
Old 04-12-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I would go:

20 Earl Thomas Texas FS
51 Brandon Ghee Wake Forest CB
81 Mike Johnson Alabama OG
118 Torrell Troup Central Florida DT
150 Marshall Newhouse TCU OG
187 Deji Karim Southern Illinois RB
197 Andre Anderson Tulane RB
227 Jameson Konz Kent State FB/TE/WR/H-Back/LB

Thomas is the no brainer, Ghee is big and has speed, has had some adversity and came back from it, Johnson and Newhouse added to Caldwell could be a long term group to handle the middle, Troup is huge road block in the middle, Karim and Anderson add solid depth to the RB core, Kent is an jack of all trades guy with off the chart measurables, he and Casey save roster spots.
I like your guys much better until 6th where I know Bell but not your guys. Good work.
Old 04-12-2010   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I like your guys much better until 6th where I know Bell but not your guys. Good work.
I posted some videos of Karim here
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2010   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

drafttec has a new mock

20 Devin McCourty Rutgers CB
51 John Jerry Mississippi OG
81 Ben Tate Auburn RB
118 Dorin Dickerson Pittsburgh TE
150 Daniel Te'o-nesheim Washington DE
187 Robert Johnson Utah FS
197 Corey Peters Kentucky DT
227 Freddie Barnes Bowling Green WR

My Cherry Pick

20 Maurkice Pouncey Florida OC
51 Dominique Franks Oklahoma CB
81 Toby Gerhart Stanford RB
118 Linval Joseph East Carolina DT
150 Donovan Warren Michigan CB
187 Robert Johnson Utah FS
197 Jeff Byers USC OG/OC
227 Jameson Konz Kent State FB/TE/WR/Hback

Pouncey is considered one of the best OC to come out in years by the experts, gives us the guy that can handle the better NTs in the league. Franks has been in for a workout and is suppose to be on the radar. Gerhart is a Riggins clone, a 4th quarter type guy to eat up the clock. Joseph is a run stopper with excellent upper body strength. Warren is young and raw with a large up side. Johnson has been on a visit to Houston, on the radar. Byers is a hard nose type. Konz is raw with measurable off the chart

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read